Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    So no word on the Drow Racial tree?
    Nope, they just don't seem to care that they have destroyed a crucial aspect of a race in their game. They are not even acknowledging that there is an issue. It's infuriating.

Default Tricksy vampires

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderhelix View Post
    Hopefully invisible vampires are on that list - I was having a heck of a time flailing away at those buggers when they'd pop up in the 12th level instances lol
    Kept me busy though
    This is a tricky one, and seems to be the same problem as the mummies siding on their backs. We were not able to fix it in time for this patch, but are still working on it for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Hopefully sagas will break their record and stay up for more than 2 days this time...

Was anything changed to address the horrible game crippling lag for mabar? ...or just some minor changes like usual?
    This is tricky too. I'm hoping some of the AI updates I did this year are helping, but there still seems to be plenty of lag. The removal of the giant skeletons was done mainly to alleviate lag, and seems to have helped with the graveyard area.
    This is not being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    This is tricky too. I'm hoping some of the AI updates I did this year are helping, but there still seems to be plenty of lag. The removal of the giant skeletons was done mainly to alleviate lag, and seems to have helped with the graveyard area.
    Thank you for actually commenting on the issue. Too often these things just sit in the dark without a single dev comment.

If the lag is related to AI (and it really looks like it does, dragon instance is smooth until the gargoyles spawns, then you usually can't move anymore), why not simply reduced the number of gargoyles in the chambers? Something like instead of having 8 gargoyles spawn per room and lever, just spawn 2 of them but make them more powerful to keep things challenging. Or better yet, replace them for a single mini spectral dragon in each room.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 10-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Thank you for actually commenting on the issue. Too often these things just sit in the dark without a single dev comment.

If the lag is related to AI (and it really looks like it does, dragon instance is smooth until the gargoyles spawns, then you usually can't move anymore), why not simply reduced the number of gargoyles in the chambers? Something like instead of having 8 gargoyles spawn per room and lever, just spawn 2 of them but make them more powerful to keep things challenging. Or better yet, replace them for a single mini spectral dragon in each room.
    The issue is of course too many players in the instance. I know they wanted something really big and epic but it would have been a lot more sensible to scale it down to a regular raid size. Easier to put a group together, easier to community and certainly not as hard on the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    The issue is of course too many players in the instance. I know they wanted something really big and epic but it would have been a lot more sensible to scale it down to a regular raid size. Easier to put a group together, easier to community and certainly not as hard on the connection.
    If they could find some way to put a player cap on each instance that would perhaps solve the issue. I find 20-24 to be fairly lag free; 3-4 per chamber, 2 per lever.

Community Member

Default Help!!

After downloading the patch. the launcher restarts and i am stuck at loading pre-reqs

guys this is getting old

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Ty ty ty

Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post

TY so VERY VERY much. An acknowledgement and an explanation of why it isn't fixed. TRULY appreciated on many many levels.

Sincerely,

Thumbed_Servant
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Hint:
    You can put your name in your signature instead of adding it at the end of every one of your posts.
    That's what a forum signature is for.
    I have been using forums for many years and have always done this and will not change

Stoner81.

Default Question about kobold behavior in challenges

This occurred to me while the teleporter bug was active. Let me quote from the release notes, first:

Kobolds once again know how to use teleporters and Dimension Doors. [This is a really good thing, btw - thank you]

Now let's quote from the Kobold Union Worker Rulebook:

1. Kobold Union workers are paid to haul crystals to home base. Union workers are not paid to think.
    2. Kobold Union workers must remain within 20 paces of Safety Incense Torches at all times.
    13. Workers are authorized to touch Kobold Teleporter to get back to base quickly.

Now... given that... can we get a fix to remove the behavior of Kobolds calculating the shortest route home? According to these rules, Kobolds should never deviate from a torch path unless (a) there's a teleporter; (b) there's no torches in the area (they've been removed); or (c) there's an enemy in the vicinity that would cause Rule 6 (panic) to be invoked.

Certainly, the ability to calculate a shortest path home would require "thinking"' thus taking such a path would then violate 2 rules at once. Never mind foiling the best-laid torches (and plans) of the adventurers attempting to protect them.
    Last edited by alancarp; 10-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, October 2nd from 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) for an update to the game. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention how stoked i was to see this announcement mirrored on the Calendar. Please oh Please make Calendar use a habit
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

*perk* Mabar? is it Mabar? ohhh yes, I want another Ruby of Endless night.

And btw they sorted the lag on Mabar ages ago, it was working fine when I last played it

*roots around her old stash for keys n bones n stuff*

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Default The Engines cannae take it captain!

This has got to be a fake photo surely lol
    http://imgur.com/2OY8afm

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

hmm, Necro due to date format ?

10-05-2013, 03:21 AM => 5 October 2013

05-19-2014, 08:34 PM => 19 May 2014

Yankees... Doing everything to get us Europeans lost.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345