Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Downtime Notice: Monday, May 19th from 6:00 AM to 11:30 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)

The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in-game!

The DDO Game Servers and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Monday, May 19th from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). The forums will remain up, but players may not be able to log in. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 05-19-2014 at 12:27 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

I sense there's always a conspiracy where the servers are down when I take a scheduled day off from work.

Oh, well. Be sure that your team meets the Hamster Union Local #1324's current demands so we can play again soon. (I recommend the Cheez-It snack crackers and an I.V. drip of the Dew of the Mountain...always a winner.)
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Default How about us Frost Biten Canadians

Doh, Monday is a holiday here in the north.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarlona Server - Blime | Darkgeddy | Youburn | Northernboy | Lakeside | Toasthead

Leader of The Wulfepack - "If you call one wolf, you invite the Pack"
    Visit http://thewulfepack.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by memloch View Post
    Doh, Monday is a holiday here in the north.

There are no holidays north of the wall boy.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Hopefully this maintenance will reduce the number of sudden game crashes. Started up pretty much with Cove and now that Cove is gone it's still happening :/
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    just maintenance?? yeah sure we believe you cordovan, like the last one where nothing changed lmao
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Talking

I am Rheinhart and Crytonian on Argonessen.

Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    Hopefully this maintenance will reduce the number of sudden game crashes. Started up pretty much with Cove and now that Cove is gone it's still happening :/
    That's exactly what I wanted to write here.

I spend more time with rebooting my system and the client than with gaming.
    Fun fact: The resurrection shrine is only 11 seconds away from the ballista in TOEE

Just one bad and evil question - this will not have anything to do with the up and comming update, does it?

I think the maintence is making sure stand and be judged no longer works on bosses.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    offline for maintenance
    So.. Bug and exploit fixes along with whatever else you guys can leverage in there?
    With nary a hint of explanation or even a heads up?

Got it, Thanks!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by poltt48 View Post
    I think the maintence is making sure stand and be judged no longer works on bosses.
    and that explains why account page and forum log ins are offline too how?
    it might be part of whatever is being done, but definitely not the only thing or even the primary thing, I assume.

UPDATE: Today's Maintenance has been extended until 11:30AM (-4 GMT). We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

UPDATE: Today's Maintenance has been extended until 11:30AM (-4 GMT). We apologize for the inconvenience.
    GACK.....*SPUTTER*....*COUGH*.....DOOOOMmmmm!!!!

Sigh, ok...I'll go scoop the cat boxes
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    So.. Bug and exploit fixes along with whatever else you guys can leverage in there?
    With nary a hint of explanation or even a heads up?

Got it, Thanks!
    Maybe not an explanation, but there was a heads up. Server downtime was posted on the launcher on Friday saying it'd be down Monday. It's Monday. Servers are down. Go figure.

For anyone else complaining about server maintenance... look here... it's a persistent, online world. Multiple worlds, in fact. It's not a console game, meaning, they can't work out every single bug before release, and they can't guaranty that new bugs won't pop up after release. So regular maintenance is actually a good thing, keeping the number of issues down. 4 hours now and then is a lot better than letting things go and having a 4+ day crash with no way of knowing what happened. Not to mention, does anyone know how easy or hard it is to defrag a server farm that's constantly running 24/7 with thousands upon thousands of people constantly coming and going, moving and shifting data around all the time? My computer defrags once a week, and it does it automatically while I'm sleeping. I set it up that way. Because if it defragged while I was awake, I'd be sitting here staring at the screen ripping my hair out waiting for it to be finished. I'd imagine defragging is a major issue for a server farm. Pop that into maintenance, and four hours is reasonable, considering my computer alone takes a half hour easily. Anywho, just my two cp.

Great work Turbine! Appreciate all you do for us, and I'll be here waiting when you come back online! ^_^

Disregard my previous post. DEATH TO TURBINE!!!

Community Member

Could we please get at least a word on whether or not there will be client updates to download? You know, when you post a note that the maintenance break has ended?

(Size of download, or at least a rough estimate, would also be nice to know in advance if there is a download.)
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbed_Servant View Post
    Sigh, ok...I'll go scoop the cat boxes
    I already did that... and dishes... and laundry...
    and I guess I should complain now that I do not get to play before i have to go to work and how that interferes with my core playing time and... but meh just make sure it's back up when I get home in a couple hours! or else!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast