Default Animate Ally on Owlbear

Using Animate Ally on the Owlbear just resurrects him.

I tried on another hireling (Tarlov) and it seemed to work ok.

Is it broken with all gold seal hirelings or just the Owlbear... what about players... is it WAI?

Thanks.
    Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Using Animate Ally on the Owlbear just resurrects him.

I tried on another hireling (Tarlov) and it seemed to work ok.

Is it broken with all gold seal hirelings or just the Owlbear... what about players... is it WAI?

Thanks.
    Just the Owlbear.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm putting a fix in for this now, it'll be fixed in Update 20.

Yay, zombie bears on the way!
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Yay, zombie bears on the way!
    So if you use it on an arty pet do you get a mechanical zombie?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    So if you use it on an arty pet do you get a mechanical zombie?
    And if you use it on a warforged monk acrobat you get a ninja zombie robot.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    And if you use it on a warforged monk acrobat you get a ninja zombie robot.
    heh now that is one ally i would NOT want to be around. wait until they start decaying lol

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Just the Owlbear.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm putting a fix in for this now, it'll be fixed in Update 20.
    same thing happens to panther..

Just the Owlbear.
    Do you think perhaps you might make the Owlbear useful while in fix mode? (ie, more powerful than the Panther puhleaaase??)

I have an additional question about animate ally. Does this spell make sense under any circumstance? I mean, you resurrect target as zombie, and the target will slowly die in case he is not a palemaster or uses death auras. Ok, one could say, zombie res is better than no res. But did somebody actually found a good use for this spell other than trolling other players?

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    I have an additional question about animate ally. Does this spell make sense under any circumstance? I mean, you resurrect target as zombie, and the target will slowly die in case he is not a palemaster or uses death auras. Ok, one could say, zombie res is better than no res. But did somebody actually found a good use for this spell other than trolling other players?
    It would only be useful if it bypassed resurrection timers in raids. Does it?
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Just the Owlbear.
    hmmm, does feather mean that animate will no longer work on the owlbear? I guess we find out in update 20.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Red face

As somewhat amusing as this enhancement is, and perhaps as simple as it may be to fix - there are much more pressing things to look at for Update 20.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    We run as a group of pale masters often. while running demon queen the other day we had one of our non-pm guildies join us. Needless to say we knew he would die as a monk squaring off against Lailat with no healer. we just pulled him back up as a zombie when he dropped, and then he aura healed during the rest of the fight. worked beautifully. I love the spell.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenWalker View Post
    We run as a group of pale masters often. while running demon queen the other day we had one of our non-pm guildies join us. Needless to say we knew he would die as a monk squaring off against Lailat with no healer. we just pulled him back up as a zombie when he dropped, and then he aura healed during the rest of the fight. worked beautifully. I love the spell.
    And then you let him rot to death just before you get the kill, so he cant open the raid chest. Classic troll, well done

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenWalker View Post
    We also have a Pale Master group and have been experimenting with Animate Ally. One interesting thing to try is animating a dead hireling. He'll be a zombie, so your death aura will heal him.

The two main use cases for Animate Ally in our group is:
    1) resurrect a guy so he can at least fight his way and contribute until we get to a Res shrine
    2) during a final boss fight, which might only last a minute or two, where he can help contribute before the damage takes him down again

We have others in our group that have Raise Ally, so we try them first. Animate Ally always works, and is quick to execute, so it's useful during combat.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    As somewhat amusing as this enhancement is, and perhaps as simple as it may be to fix - there are much more pressing things to look at for Update 20.
    I was looking for a nice way to say that. Thank you. Of all the posts chosen over the past week or so to have a response, it's this one. I'm not talking about promises of fixes, just response in general
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Just the Owlbear.
    Any chance the AI of the Owlbear could be fixed as well? I haven't tested the lvl 25 one out, but the level 17 one is prone to bug out in any quest with more than two doors. Through the Mirror Darkly the bear just freaks out within minutes of changing from light to dark side. As far as bugging - I am referring to it stares at a door and completely ignores any command. Basically to fix it, you need to dismiss and resummon the owlbear to get it to do anything - only to have it get fixated again on a door frame or something minutes later.

Myself and some of my guildmates feel very shammed by the pre-order special with how poorly this hireling works.

Thanks
    Official Wearer of Purple Proud Member of Renowned Not Afraid to PUG
    Main: Janisis - Completionist currently Shiradi Tank. Alts: Janarch: Someday Divine Archer, Byeshk: Someday Swashbuckle Thrower (or not - alt damage interrupts daze effects )
    Long Live Cult of the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I was looking for a nice way to say that. Thank you. Of all the posts chosen over the past week or so to have a response, it's this one. I'm not talking about promises of fixes, just response in general
    Exactly

Have a broken ed, broken racial tree, borked dungeon alert, crippling lag, items that dont work all? Forget it. Mayyyybe someday

But cant animate your owlbear??? We'll get right on that!! NEXT UPDATE!!