with the new trees no longer requiring barbs to kill themselves, I've decided to look into rolling another barb life on my main.
the main problem being that BYOH is a must have for me.
---EDIT added the following summary:
for those of you coming to this thread looking for ideas on how to build a BYOH capable barb, here's a summary of the ideas raised in this thread :
- pure Barb, chug pots. good luck.
- pure Barb, halfling with dragonmarks or human , OS tree, have as many temp hp items as possible (demonic shield, con-opp, bodyfeeder) & chug pots.
- 12 barb 8 arti, warforged, at early levels using the dog invis and on passive, following you & granting aura-repairs. at later levels umd scroll reconstructs.
- 12/10 barb, 8 bard, 2 rogue or fighter. blur + displace + haste, some healing spells and umd scrolling when not raged.
- 14 barb, 4 fvs, 2 rogue. heal with Ameliorating strike, twf for double proc chance with it, some healing spells and umd scrolling when not raged.
- 12 barb, 4 fvs, 4 rogue. generally along the same lines as the above option, only going with helf + pally dilli for improved saves.
- 11 barb 5 rogue 4 fvs. halfling with dragonmarks, heal while raged with Ameliorating strike, full blown acrobat (qstaff build, 25% doublestrike), some healing spells, umd and dragonmarks healing when not raged.
- 9 barb 7 rogue 4 cleric, halfling with dragonmarks, same idea as the previous build, a little more newbie friendly (more skill points from rogue levels, cleric instead of fvs)
- 9 barb 9 wiz 2 fighter. frenzy in vampire form
- 8 barb 8 druid 4 fvs. winter wolf + ravager + ameliorating strike
unless specifically stated otherwise, assume the race for the build is human for maximum heal amp.
--- Original post:
so far the best idea I could come up with is taking halfling for dragonmarks
5 rogue levels for trapping skills and acrobat training (& tier 5) using a bloody staff of shadow (+5, Lesser Vampirism, Life Stealing, Bodyfeeder)
adding 4 fvs levels to the mix for that healing smite goodness, as well as access to meta-magics to amplify the halfling dragonmarks
and that would leave me with 11 barbarian levels
the thing I'm wracking my brains about now is that there simply aren't enough APs to go around... after the racial tree, the warpriest and the acrobat, I'd have very few points left to pour into the barbarian trees.
it'll still be a high-damage high-survivability build, just not sure it would "feel" anything like what you'd expect from a barbarian.
has anyone been able to come up with a decent self healing barb build? preferably something that doesn't require you to chug pots or dismiss rage whenever you need a heal...