Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Thanks everybody for your responses!

Oathblade: - Forgot to include this in my earlier reply. Yup this does seem really good to me, it wins compared to all the rest in this category of non-raid weapons. Probably will try to farm up Commendations. That's another topic though! That could take a while considering how few i've pulled in my past 2 characters that i got to 25.. Definitely seems harder to me than farming Challenge ingredients.

Drow weapons - I really like the 'feel' of this. Hard to farm but not hard to find on the AH/AsH. Even without the ability i'm looking for, I like it. It just lacks a Red Slot.

Khopesh of Water - I've seen them in action and have always liked this weapon! Just too bad that it will require a feat. If paired with Allegience, it could be interesting.

Sacrificial Dagger - This looks like it would be useful on EE. Same effect as Nightmare but with less DPS..

Envenomed blade - As much as how cool it looks, i really don't like this weapon. Found the DPS bad and never used it in any of my char's.

Comyrian Weapons - Never tried it coz i thought the price was too much, but will look into it again.

@ Encair, ive come close to actual number crunching with excel or calculators but luckily never had to really go that far.. There was most often a clear winner in what weapon i would use.. This time though there are more choices so I might just end up computing them. This is my 1st TWF Slashing life. Last 3 toons I played TWF Piercing, and before that THF.

@ Phaeton, like IronClan said. I find it useful in quests like Running with the Devils Hard or Elite(I threw away my Cruel Nobility and that was my most effective weapon against them). They can heal all their HP in a few seconds so the best bet is to kill them with 1 hit. At this level range mob HP is also not that high so they can still die with 1 Vorpal blow.
    Last edited by supott; 10-01-2013 at 11:26 AM.

for whatever that has some SA, rad2 rapier

for loling all the time, polycurse dagger
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Because that pesky self healing Priest/Shamen/Cleric/WF Artificer can't do that when it's missing it's head
    You mean an actual vorpal instead of the usual 100hp on crit?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    You mean an actual vorpal instead of the usual 100hp on crit?
    More than likely, yes.

I do something similar. My Monk has the Ring of the Stalker and paired with a Shiruken it's quite handy for dealing with mobs on ledges that like to self heal. Nothing quite like rolling a 20 and vorpaling (sp?) that pesky mob. (Note: This is more for leveling than at cap).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post

Oathblade: - Forgot to include this in my earlier reply. Yup this does seem really good to me, it wins compared to all the rest in this category of non-raid weapons. Probably will try to farm up Commendations. That's another topic though! That could take a while considering how few i've pulled in my past 2 characters that i got to 25.. Definitely seems harder to me.

Easy to farm even through ransacks. Just get players to join that do not need them. Battle for Eveningstar will get you average 3-4 per run this way plus there is the drow cloak for sneak and invisible and drow goggles for seeker.

Also u can trade 3 for 1. There are faster ways to zerg comms like Unquiet Graves takes 5 minutes on EH. You get Cleric comms. Lost Thread for Wizwar. Villager has a nice parry bracer.

You can get 2 Oathblades quick.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Easy to farm even through ransacks. Just get players to join that do not need them. Battle for Eveningstar will get you average 3-4 per run this way plus there is the drow cloak for sneak and invisible and drow goggles for seeker.

Also u can trade 3 for 1. There are faster ways to zerg comms like Unquiet Graves takes 5 minutes on EH. You get Cleric comms. Lost Thread for Wizwar. Villager has a nice parry bracer.

You can get 2 Oathblades quick.
    Thanks,

I looked up the thread on Commendations and found some useful info on it. It wouldn't take that long to farm after all.

Community Member

Oathblade has a pretty high base attack die.

It is probably less for melee's that have IC Slash feat already. I think keen is a waste on it and it should have been Metalline with a 18-20 critical range. So you still need a boss beater. Now if you are a Pure Divine with Unyielding Sov that gives longsword prof it is nice. All my divines that are melee have ICSlash feat.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Oathblade has a pretty high base attack die.

It is probably less for melee's that have IC Slash feat already. I think keen is a waste on it and it should have been Metalline with a 18-20 critical range. So you still need a boss beater. Now if you are a Pure Divine with Unyielding Sov that gives longsword prof it is nice. All my divines that are melee have ICSlash feat.
    Just checked out thread comparing Balizarde to Oathblade and its not much weaker.. I will probably need a Red augment slot, but if going Dual Oathblades, i wouldn't mind switching out IC:Slashing in the meantime for something. I would be happy enough from getting a Balizarde or better Raid weapon and it would give me a reason not to be disappointed if i don't pull any

Anything with improved paral.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

When the Cloudburst effect was buffed a while back, I think Fang of Siberys became really good.

Remember that while it only does ~150 damage, it does tend to hit 4-5 mobs. An extra 600-700 damage on a Vorpal strike adds up to a LOT.

Everyone has forgotten that weapon exists but it is worth another look.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    When the Cloudburst effect was buffed a while back, I think Fang of Siberys became really good.

Remember that while it only does ~150 damage, it does tend to hit 4-5 mobs. An extra 600-700 damage on a Vorpal strike adds up to a LOT.

love those things at level 16... the first time I set off a thunderclap I freaked out cause I thought I was getting ganked by a marut. Hopefully they will be updated to the new loot system soon and get +.5W and have pg pushed over to holy (and a red slot please)

p.s. melee effects (cloudburst, greater sunburst, fiery detonation, divine vessel) are affected by doublestrike
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post

Oathblade: - Forgot to include this in my earlier reply. Yup this does seem really good to me, it wins compared to all the rest in this category of non-raid weapons. Probably will try to farm up Commendations. That's another topic though! That could take a while considering how few i've pulled in my past 2 characters that i got to 25.. Definitely seems harder to me than farming Challenge ingredients.

Drow weapons - I really like the 'feel' of this. Hard to farm but not hard to find on the AH/AsH. Even without the ability i'm looking for, I like it. It just lacks a Red Slot.

Khopesh of Water - I've seen them in action and have always liked this weapon! Just too bad that it will require a feat. If paired with Allegience, it could be interesting.

Sacrificial Dagger - This looks like it would be useful on EE. Same effect as Nightmare but with less DPS..

Envenomed blade - As much as how cool it looks, i really don't like this weapon. Found the DPS bad and never used it in any of my char's.

Comyrian Weapons - Never tried it coz i thought the price was too much, but will look into it again.

@ Encair, ive come close to actual number crunching with excel or calculators but luckily never had to really go that far.. There was most often a clear winner in what weapon i would use.. This time though there are more choices so I might just end up computing them. This is my 1st TWF Slashing life. Last 3 toons I played TWF Piercing, and before that THF.

@ Phaeton, like IronClan said. I find it useful in quests like Running with the Devils Hard or Elite(I threw away my Cruel Nobility and that was my most effective weapon against them). They can heal all their HP in a few seconds so the best bet is to kill them with 1 hit. At this level range mob HP is also not that high so they can still die with 1 Vorpal blow.
    I farmed out two khopeshes of water - they're nice and do nice CC.

Then I got a hold of a Drow Khopesh of the Weapon Master - much higher damage output, hands down. I haven't found a khopesh that does more, but my twf fighter is not my main. For dps, I usually pair the Drow Khopesh with some random loot Khopesh that includes a lot of crit multipliers - like superior bloodletting, blasting and maiming. If I need CC, I pair the Drow Khopesh with a Water Khopesh, but I find the damage output of the Water underwhelming relative to the Drow one. Now I just want another Drow Khopesh, but they're hard to find.

The Cormian weapons would probably take less time than the Water Khopesh, especially since the kobold quests are currently bugged, and since they halved the mats required for the Cormian ones. I have never made one, though, so I can't comment on how useful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

Not to mention the effect is just fun, big booms coming out of your weapon all the time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    The challenge pesh is really nice so make sure to get one of those. It's worth going to tier 3.

The Drow weapons are fantastic but I have found them to be difficult to obtain and even more difficult to obtain one with the stats I am looking for.

There are some nice Dwarven axes if you can spare the feat. The Mountains Fist and Templar's Justice are both great weapons.
    I just failed my sarcasm check here, right? :-)

Nice Dwarven Axes... where? Nothing on low levels, then Sever and Famine on midde ones together with Mountain Fist (which is, well, garbage).

Then Templar Justice, which is prolly weaker then both of those mentioned above (using B swords now and I know the Templar retribution, which is identical, is worse then Twinblade, whih is about the same powerlevel as Sever).

Then Nothing. Epic TJ not counting (so much not worth it).
    Then Duergar War Axe, the very best Daxe in the game.
    Then epic Giant fist garbage and then the Insult Incarnate - Prison Break. Now, that one in its EE version is prolly weaker then Epic TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

Nice Dwarven Axes... where? Nothing on low levels, then Sever and Famine on midde ones together with Mountain Fist (which is, well, garbage).

Then Templar Justice, which is prolly weaker then both of those mentioned above (using B swords now and I know the Templar retribution, which is identical, is worse then Twinblade, whih is about the same powerlevel as Sever).

Then epic Giant fist garbage and then the Insult Incarnate - Prison Break. Now, that one in its EE version is prolly weaker then Epic TJ.
    True...........what else is there?.............Epic Unkors cleaver? Good luck getting that. Axe of adaxus is not a bad weapon but thankfully its a battle axe so doesn't require a feat, its not so bad with headmans chop.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

In (heroic) Mountain's Fist defense, it does make an excellent caster stat stick.

Put three +78 spellpower augments in it (available cheap on the AH) and you have one hell of an ML16 item.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12