Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What are best TWF weapons from lvl 16-24 range (Not including raid weapons)

Hi, im wondering if anyone did number crunching and knows what would be my best options for TWF weapons for leveling. Drops from CiTW, FoT, or Epic weapons are out of my list unless they are easily farmable. Khopesh or Bastard sword also probably out of my list unless worth a feat. I am using a Human Bard at the moment..

Currently on top of my list:
    -Deathnip
    -GS Lit II
    -Heroic Elite Axe of Adaxus. (Also will try Epic versions)
    -Drow X of the Weaponmaster
    -Vorpal Lootgen (Situationally useful for self healing mobs)

Thanks!

PS: I am using GS Lit II & Axe of Adaxus atm at level 18.. Thinking my next upgrade will be Lvl 21 for Drow X of the Weaponmaster. Will dual wielding those be my best bet? (High seeker is also now common so no need for Deathnip) and no need for IC:Piercing
    Last edited by supott; 10-01-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    Hi, im wondering if anyone did number crunching and knows what would be my best options for TWF weapons for leveling. Drops from CiTW, FoT, or Epic weapons are out of my list unless they are easily farmable. Khopesh or Bastard sword also probably out of my list unless worth a feat. I am using a Human Bard at the moment..

Currently on top of my list:
    -Deathnip
    -GS Lit II
    -Heroic Elite Axe of Adaxus. (Also will try Epic versions)
    -Drow X of the Weaponmaster

Thanks!

PS: I am using GS Lit II & Axe of Adaxus atm at level 18.. Thinking my next upgrade will be Lvl 21 for Drow X of the Weaponmaster. Will dual wielding those be my best bet? (High seeker is also now common so no need for Deathnip) and no need for IC:Piercing
    So from what I can gather your using slashing weapons, and you have improved crit slash? Your title says not to include raid weapons but you include litII?

Well the fang of siberys looks kind of nice on paper, never had one, but its a scimitar so might go well. Too bad no khopeshes though, but bard is kind of feat starved. The longsword for purple dragon knight comedation hand ins is kinda nice for beating on drow but its kind of more expensive you might want to spend those first coms on the gloves first. There is that Khopesh from giant hold that gives proficiency for khopeshes, I dont really like relying on an item for a feat but if you get it, it might be nice to use with another khopesh on elves and drow because it gives bane/greater bane vs them. Allegiance thats what I think its called.

And yeah drow scimitars of the weapon master might be nice.

And the scimitar from gianthold might be nice if you want a destruction/improved destruction weapon. royal scimitar.

Theres also house C challeges scimitar but might not be worth the effort to farm for the mats to craft one.

The cove brigands cutlesses is nice vs devils and shroud portals lol but its no longer dugeons and devils anymore.

And i like to use cruel nobilities in running with the devils.

Actually if you plan on running a lot of tor, von 6, and fot, the house C scimitar does not sound so bad after all, but again depends on how you feel about the challeges.
    '
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 10-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    So from what I can gather your using slashing weapons, and you have improved crit slash?
    Yes. IC: Slash right now.
    Last character i used Deathnip with IC: Pierce

But don't mind switching feats, depending on what i can get.
    Had a GS Lit2 Scimitar so went with slashing for heroic levels.

Community Member

Thanks a lot!

-Allegiance looks good and probably could find it on AH - never thought about pairing it with another Khopesh. Could be useful
    -Royal Scimitar looks good too. Will compare it with Drow Scimitar (Though have a feeling Drow will win)
    -I like the Challenge Khopesh, but wasn't too keen on the Scimitar.

Re: LitII, yeah, sorry for that confusion, i meant no raid just in context to my current situation..

Community Member

Actually if you plan on running a lot of tor, von 6, and fot, the house C scimitar does not sound so bad after all, but again depends on how you feel about the challeges.
    '
    I will take a look again at the Scimitar..

also unless you can craft keep an eye out for cheap metalline pure good scimitars, or silver with holy, or other dr breaking combos.

And if your going into epic levels a scimitar with stuff chaotic damage, anarchic is nice for von3 which has a lot of xp and is often run for xp, its nice for the end boss, also on wf and other constructs, be even better if you can get it with smiting and in adamantium.

If you are soloing a lot I would recommend challenge water khopshes otherwise drow, improved vorpal random lootgen or oathblades but litII will do fine untill 24...
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    If you are soloing a lot I would recommend challenge water khopshes otherwise drow, improved vorpal random lootgen or oathblades but litII will do fine untill 24...
    would one challege water pesh work well in main hand with allegiance in offhand? He said hes not taking the khopesh prof feat?

Community Member

would one challege water pesh work well in main hand with allegiance in offhand? He said hes not taking the khopesh prof feat?
    The challenge pesh is really nice so make sure to get one of those. It's worth going to tier 3.

The Drow weapons are fantastic but I have found them to be difficult to obtain and even more difficult to obtain one with the stats I am looking for.

There are some nice Dwarven axes if you can spare the feat. The Mountains Fist and Templar's Justice are both great weapons.

Well, if you don't want to ( or can't ) compare in Barrage, Cru's, Peritin's, Scoob's or whatever dps calc, you kinda need to be more specific about gear, enhancements, feats, abilities, ...
    Damage mod, seeker, changes to crit profile from destinies or whatnot , stuff like that, otherwise you will only get bunch of posts like " Use this or that because I think is good"
    On the other hand, math never solves problems.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

If you're planning on being at cap for a while or doing multiple tr's going into epic or etr's eventually with a similar build it might be worth slowly working towards.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Kron%27zek%27s_Cruelty

It's still a nice scimi imo, it just might take a long time to farm or not all depending on how rng goes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    If you're planning on being at cap for a while or doing multiple tr's going into epic or etr's eventually with a similar build it might be worth slowly working towards.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Kron%27zek%27s_Cruelty

It's still a nice scimi imo, it just might take a long time to farm or not all depending on how rng goes for you.
    That took me ages to farm, even just to get the base item let alone the damn seal, I didnt mention any of the old epics because of the grind.

That took me ages to farm, even just to get the base item let alone the damn seal, I didnt mention any of the old epics because of the grind.
    Yeah it's why I mentioned it only for if they were planing on staying at cap for a long time or doing several lives with an epic component with similar builds. I wouldn't hardcore farm it anymore but I'd definately put the quest into my regular rotation to try to see if I could get it to drop while leveling on those lives if that makes sense. RNG can make it a nightmare or make it easy, I've seen a lucky sob pull all the stuff to make 2 in one week before. (to the op, that guy was realllllllyyyy lucky and we all hate him for it. =P, he's a friend of mine if you can't tell)

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Well, if you don't want to ( or can't ) compare in Barrage, Cru's, Peritin's, Scoob's or whatever dps calc, you kinda need to be more specific about gear, enhancements, feats, abilities, ...
    Damage mod, seeker, changes to crit profile from destinies or whatnot , stuff like that, otherwise you will only get bunch of posts like " Use this or that because I think is good"
    On the other hand, math never solves problems.
    Math does a great job of telling you what does the most average damage in a specific situation. OTOH math doesn't do a great job of telling you whats fun for your specific play style. Nor does it do a good gob of giving you an overall sense of effectiveness in different situations (without a spreadsheet or modeling).

Math also doesn't account well for the chaos of whats going on in the game. You can run up to a Mob in the game and beat it down from full to near dead only to watch a big red finger/wail/implosion erase it from existence, your straight DPS weapon was meaningless. You often run up to a mob that is getting close to dead and it gets critted/smited/banished/disrupted by someone else after you take 3 swings... You often are beating on a mob with 3 or 4 or 5 other players also doing various DPS but no vorping weapon one shots are possible, and no caster in the group or one(s) that are otherwise occupied.. In just those three situations (out of literally billions of possible minor permutations) HOW you DPS can dramatically change how effective you FEEL your character is.

Just as examples, in the first situation using a +1 smiter/banisher/Vorpal might have actually killed the mob before the caster's DC based spell did... So in that situation the eSoS or Skybreaker you WERE actually using, was in fact sub optimal to a +1 loot gen insta kill weapon. On the other hand running up to the mob in the second example you have to like your chances if you have anything that does big crits and does them 25-30% of the time (eSoS, Deathnip, Drow weapons, Duergar Daxe, Royal Scimmy). By the same token Axe of Adaxus in that situation was "meh" because it's only 10% crit chance... OTOH... the last situation, you have to like Axe of Adaxus or FoT's Skybreaker over any other.

A calc can tell you what does the most average DPS in a specific situation, and as long as that specific situation is most often true it will even tell you what does the most average DPS over the most average situations... but until someone models the game in a complex simulation that at least models a few thousand possible permutations as well as builds( which is half the puzzle) your seat of the pants feel is the thing that probably matters most, because it can tell you what feels the most useful over a bunch of different situations, and even if your brain is tricking you and you're doing 1.2 less DPS on average... well guess what... you're enjoying yourself and you're feeling effective (and doing a couple less DPS make no mistake, is hardly something to worry about, especially if what you're doing feels more fun), and after all that is mostly the point to playing heroic fantasy RPG's innit?
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-01-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Community Member

The most useful to me in that range are:

Envenomed Blade:
    * Dual paralyzers simply rocks
    * level 16 and easy to get

Kopesh of Water:
    * Dual paralyzers simply rocks
    * Can be made lvl 12-20 depending on what extra things you craft in

Sacrificial Dagger:
    * stat draining AND level draining in one

Cruel Nobility:
    * dual wielding black blades simply rocks too
    * lots of extra damage procs
    * level 16 and easy to get

Oathblade:
    * so many goodies on this blade and can be farmed by just running through King's Forest

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    Forgive my n00bish ignorance. Why particularly Vorpal an self-healing?

Turbulent Epee from the quest Missing, in the Harbinger of madness chain.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Turbulent_Epee
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Community Member

For

IC slash

Scimitars
    Kukri

With

Paralyzers
    Metalline

Of

Pure good
    Bloodletting

With the gear updates....

Acurracy
    Deadly
    Seeker

These are commom now on many types of items from auction. This stuff will work on most content till lvl20 then the named Iitems with this stuff take over.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Forgive my n00bish ignorance. Why particularly Vorpal an self-healing?
    Because that pesky self healing Priest/Shamen/Cleric/WF Artificer can't do that when it's missing it's head
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Community Member

If you want dual paralyzer slashing without having to go Khop for Cannith Khopeshes, there's always Cormyrian too. I think those will beat T1 Cannith Khopesh at L16 (since Cannnith Khopesh, AFAIK, doesnt get Paragon base die but Cormyrian does). If you like random grind to raid-grinding, you might not mind grinding out one with really good mods...ie Life Stealing.

L16 Calomel Scimitar is only good if you grind it to T3 to craft on it; L20 Calomel weapons are really good for early Epic content.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast