Community Member

Default Is there any way to respec your ED Feats?

I capped at 28 before I know that the Spell Power bug required 2 capped destinies instead of one. I took toughness just because there were no other options really except for Epic Mage Armor and another feat. Being a sorc these were not appealing in the least. Now that I can actually take the spell power feats since the bug was fixed, how can I switch them? I already have Epic Toughness so it seems it's blocking my ability to choose the feat.

2014 DDO Players Council

You can switch them out at Fred (House J) with a flawless shard.

You can only switch out the feats you chose at lvl 26 and 28 for them though. You can't just choose any feat to switch out.
    Epic Toughness is a Epic level feat not an ED feat.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post

You can only switch out the feats you chose at lvl 26 and 28 for them though. You can't just choose any feat to switch out.
    Um. No. Just tried this and Fred only lists feats and epic feats. There are no epic destiny feats on the list available for swap out. I'm lvl 28 trying to swap out toughness for something else...

Just double-checked this. Took toughness at lvls 26 and 28, Shows in my list of feats - but again not on the list of feats available for swap out.
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!
    http://orderoftheemeraldclaw.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by haulindonkey View Post
    Um. No. Just tried this and Fred only lists feats and epic feats. There are no epic destiny feats on the list available for swap out. I'm lvl 28 trying to swap out toughness for something else...

Just double-checked this. Took toughness at lvls 26 and 28, Shows in my list of feats - but again not on the list of feats available for swap out.
    My guess is that Fred might not recognize the Toughness feat as Epic Destiny feat even though you took it in place of an Epic Destiny feat. Fred has become somewhat senile in his old days and does not always do well with all these modern funk.

You still have a free Lesser Reincarnate and don't mind wasting it, that should fix it.
    Alternatively you could put in an in-game ticket or e-mail customer support.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rasczak View Post

I added it because Epic Toughness might over-ride Toughness in the feat list like Epic Mental Toughness over-rides Mental Toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    My guess is that Fred might not recognize the Toughness feat as Epic Destiny feat even though you took it in place of an Epic Destiny feat. Fred has become somewhat senile in his old days and does not always do well with all these modern funk.

You still have a free Lesser Reincarnate and don't mind wasting it, that should fix it.
    Alternatively you could put in an in-game ticket or e-mail customer support.
    Well lesser reincarnate was used up a long time ago. Thanks for the info and I will try submitting an in-game ticket.
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!
    http://orderoftheemeraldclaw.guildlaunch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Altrelo View Post
    I capped at 28 before I know that the Spell Power bug required 2 capped destinies instead of one. I took toughness just because there were no other options really except for Epic Mage Armor and another feat. Being a sorc these were not appealing in the least. Now that I can actually take the spell power feats since the bug was fixed, how can I switch them? I already have Epic Toughness so it seems it's blocking my ability to choose the feat.
    Fred bugs out for these regularly. I've been holding 25 on some characters till I fully "cap" all my destinies as I didn't take them to max xp achieved except for the ones I was playing in as a main destiny. If he's bugged out for you you may be stuck with doing an lr, if you don't have a free one left maybe you could call support and try to get credit for a heart but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.