Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    The game has evolved into a solo self sufficiency game and barbarians are getting left behind.
    This makes playing a barbarian a pain. Thats why I'll have to LR+20 mine.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Quad damage clickies as capstone!
    ^this would work.. not a capstone though..
    Setup a surge animation for the smash attack... battlecry while raising weapon... slight delay.... then big overhead swing... nat20 for Quad...
    tier cooldown timer decreases 6/12/18 level of barbarian.. more barbarian levels.. faster recycle on hulk smash....

Would also like to see an option for Frenzy Barbarians while fully raged (using class rage not pots) to become super resistant to mental compulsions (str bonus to will saves or something like that).. ( similar effect to the Minotaurs in Madstone)..
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Talking Barbs need fixed?

Having played my main as a pure barb until switching in a level of Ftr and Rgr to get furyshot a wee while ago, I don't think too much actually needs fixing.

LOL!

Of course, Barbs could do with some increased survivablity, and there are couple of things, basic to the barb class, that have not evolved sufficiently with the game's power-creep. I think these could be rectified pretty easily without breaking anything in game:

1. Make Barb DR useful again - convert 1 barb DR to 5PRR, stacking. Not game breaking, and fitting with what a barb should do - shrug off damage.

2. Remove the stat penalties on SF pots - not game-breaking, available to all, but more crucial to barbs as a source of self-healing when raged.

There is one other measure that I think would fit with the barb concept. Evasion. Like rangers, barbs should be just as slippery to hit as rogues and monks, but not at low level "splashigooness". I suggest giving barbs a class feat of evasion at L9, and improved evasion at L15.

These, or variations upon them, would all be very helpful in rebalancing barb survivability, not be game breaking, easy enough to implement, and maintian the concept of what barbs should be about - Maniacs who don't give a stuff for thier own preservation in their lust for an enemy's blood!

Which is why I love em!

Sorted!

Community Member

Default realistic expectations

*I'm a grumpy old man and don't give two cents about my spelling errors or wrongnessittude in punktureation; so go kick rocks if yer gonna bother yapping about that crud.*

Playing a barbarian used to be more fun for folks that liked the idea of playing... well; a barbarian. The problem isn't really the barbarian in my opinion.

The game has changed, and still is changing very quickly in both mechanics and overall feel/flavor.
    Party dynamics is?are? the main reason I see the need for barbs to be given a boost in utility.

There simply are far less LFMs
    Who wants to be a tank now? Who wants to be the nanny-er healer? Who wants to be the full time no-fail trapper?
    Who wants to wait an eternity for a well balanced party to take on Slavers of the Shrieking Mines, or Invaders!, or heaven forbid Spies in the House on elite?

One approach that I suspect MIGHT be viable would be to give barbs stackable healing/repairing amp enhancements early and often. NOT racial, NOT with a catch, NOT feats. NOT Core enhancements for a given tree. ALL barbs, all tiers, and entirely OPTIONAL. If someone doesnt need em or want em, they shouldnt have to invest in em.

This seems like it MIGHT be/should be fairly "easy" to do; as the human racial tree has the template in place (as a general concept) and it seems to work without hiccups.

Turbine wouldn't have to fix any long term bugs (barbs too angry to drink certain pots). Wouldn't have to come up with a new potion or piece of gear, wouldnt have to fool with rejiggering silver flame pots (who knows what unintended consequences would turn up?).

In short, barbs don't need to be rolled back to the Shade era to be more fun for the majority of players.
    A lot of healing amp would go a long ways...for a lot of fun to be had and allow our illiterate psychopaths to rage and keep using healing scrolls for bartering and occasionally wiping blood and guts off the traumatized bard...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN YOU ROTTEN KIDS!

Wait... so no barbarians are being neutered?

Community Member

Do an overhaul of the tier 5 FB abilities because they suck hard. Lash out, tantrum, etc, cost extra feats to acquire these. Have frenzy able to make you do 15% more damage while it is active and have death frenzy make you able to do 35% more damage that stacks with frenzy. Also have barbarians gain a certain amount of prr on barb levels.

Hard hitting yet practically defenseless sacks of meat... run further with the theme and add con modifier to strength while raged?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    Having played my main as a pure barb until switching in a level of Ftr and Rgr to get furyshot a wee while ago, I don't think too much actually needs fixing.

LOL!

Of course, Barbs could do with some increased survivablity, and there are couple of things, basic to the barb class, that have not evolved sufficiently with the game's power-creep. I think these could be rectified pretty easily without breaking anything in game:

1. Make Barb DR useful again - convert 1 barb DR to 5PRR, stacking. Not game breaking, and fitting with what a barb should do - shrug off damage.

2. Remove the stat penalties on SF pots - not game-breaking, available to all, but more crucial to barbs as a source of self-healing when raged.

There is one other measure that I think would fit with the barb concept. Evasion. Like rangers, barbs should be just as slippery to hit as rogues and monks, but not at low level "splashigooness". I suggest giving barbs a class feat of evasion at L9, and improved evasion at L15.

These, or variations upon them, would all be very helpful in rebalancing barb survivability, not be game breaking, easy enough to implement, and maintian the concept of what barbs should be about - Maniacs who don't give a stuff for thier own preservation in their lust for an enemy's blood!

Which is why I love em!

Sorted!
    /Signed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Hard hitting yet practically defenseless sacks of meat... run further with the theme and add con modifier to strength while raged?
    And why add con modifier to strength when you rage?

Quote Originally Posted by XxJFGxX View Post
    And why add con modifier to strength when you rage?
    Somewhat replicates the Paly enhancement for charisma, so the codes already cooked up for reference, keeps the gameplay a unique experience, and reflects... whats the tagline on that one enhancement? "fight harder, not smarter"?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Somewhat replicates the Paly enhancement for charisma, so the codes already cooked up for reference, keeps the gameplay a unique experience, and reflects... whats the tagline on that one enhancement? "fight harder, not smarter"?
    Oh the crappy capstone Storm Eye. Yeah that would be nice. I'm actually redoing the barb enhancements on paper a little bit. I'll post it up at a later date.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011