Community Member

Default improvements to warpriest tree

So, I really like the new warpriest tree, but it could definitely use some improvements still.

First, universal spell power. I understand it's not a casting tree, but it offers very little in spell power, and now only ONE cleric tree offers any universal spell power for points spent in tree (radiant servant). Is there anyway we could get .5 USP per point in tree? it's not much, but i think it could help. FVS at least can throw points into AoV and get high spellpower still.

Second, divine conduit is nice, but I think 3points in a t5 enhancment should provide more than ~300 damage at lvl 24 (2.5*24=60, 60*3=180, assuming 200 spell power). As it is, it rarely goes off, or isn't needed when it does, because to get to 25, i had to kill a huge group of mobs.

Third, this could either be a religious/martial feat or an enhancement, but what about offering more weapon options? Something like this:
    Expansive faith:
    You have advanced both in your martial prowess and your faith. You now treat the following as faith weapons(you will still need the proficiency feat):
    sovereign host: great axe, qstaff, bastard sword, dwarven axe
    silver flame: shuriken, shortbow, heavy/light repeating crossbow
    undying court: falchions, rapiers, kamas, longswords
    vulkoor: rapiers, shuriken, daggers, kukri
    lord of blades: great axe, great club, bastard sword, falchion
    aumantor: morningstar, maul, light mace, q-staff

Each faith gets 4 new weapon options to count as favored weapons. And i'd make this an option for as a level 6 deity feat.

and my last suggestion, something I'd REALLY like to see is a spell similar to flameblade as the warpriest 6 lvl core, except that it would summon a favored weapon(the original, not any of the ones listed above). They'd be just like flameblade, wis-to-hit/dmg, but would deal light damage (and obviously it'd gain different key words as the lvl got higher.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

so you like everything except the SPell Power, weapon choices, the amount of damage you can do and the additional spell choices...

um.. whats left to "really like"?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    So, I really like the new warpriest tree, but it could definitely use some improvements still.

First, universal spell power. I understand it's not a casting tree, but it offers very little in spell power, and now only ONE cleric tree offers any universal spell power for points spent in tree (radiant servant). Is there anyway we could get .5 USP per point in tree? it's not much, but i think it could help. FVS at least can throw points into AoV and get high spellpower still.

Second, divine conduit is nice, but I think 3points in a t5 enhancment should provide more than ~300 damage at lvl 24 (2.5*24=60, 60*3=180, assuming 200 spell power). As it is, it rarely goes off, or isn't needed when it does, because to get to 25, i had to kill a huge group of mobs.

Third, this could either be a religious/martial feat or an enhancement, but what about offering more weapon options? Something like this:
    Expansive faith:
    You have advanced both in your martial prowess and your faith. You now treat the following as faith weapons(you will still need the proficiency feat):
    sovereign host: great axe, qstaff, bastard sword, dwarven axe
    silver flame: shuriken, shortbow, heavy/light repeating crossbow
    undying court: falchions, rapiers, kamas, longswords
    vulkoor: rapiers, shuriken, daggers, kukri
    lord of blades: great axe, great club, bastard sword, falchion
    aumantor: morningstar, maul, light mace, q-staff

Each faith gets 4 new weapon options to count as favored weapons. And i'd make this an option for as a level 6 deity feat.

and my last suggestion, something I'd REALLY like to see is a spell similar to flameblade as the warpriest 6 lvl core, except that it would summon a favored weapon(the original, not any of the ones listed above). They'd be just like flameblade, wis-to-hit/dmg, but would deal light damage (and obviously it'd gain different key words as the lvl got higher.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    so you like everything except the SPell Power, weapon choices, the amount of damage you can do and the additional spell choices...

Lol. It has potential... but it has fatal flaws.
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Oh come on the warpriest tree is a really good start, but like anything new it could use a few tweaks. Personally my tweaks would be

.5 devotion in addition to the light and fire spellpower it gets.

More religion options. Most races can use longswords or longbows only, add a dwarf god for warhammers or dwarf axes, add a halfling god for well not sure on that one. Add a horc religion of some sort with falcions, you get the idea.

Divine conduit is a really nice idea but the damage does seem a little low, not sure how to fix it for scaling maybe give it 1.x *spwr rather than a 1*spwr ratio so that it gets more powerful as you get better geared still.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Lol. It has potential... but it has fatal flaws.
    What do you see as it's fatal flaws? I'm playing a 18/2 fvs/monk warpriest and I'm having a blast with it.

Community Member

I didn't say i didn't like it. I said they need improvement. 30/0/30 for spell power is nothing compared to what most actual caster tree's get. I don't want as much as those actual trees, but a sorcerer with 40 points in a tree gets as much universal spell power as we get for 6 core enhancements? It just needs tweaking. No, we shouldn't have as much spell power as a sorcerer, but we should have some. Especially now that clerics don't get many options for universal spell power.

As far as weapons are concerned, I just want to give people more options. I'm fine with my 18/2 fvs/monk, WSS build. It's a blast, I just think it can be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    What do you see as it's fatal flaws? I'm playing a 18/2 fvs/monk warpriest and I'm having a blast with it.
    I'm with you, I'm having a blast on mine, but I just think those changes would see a lot more people in the war priest tree.