Community Member

Default where did high resolution ddo download go?

i need to re download my ddo but now there is only Standard Resolution (PC). what happened? where can i get the high one.

https://www.ddo.com/en/game/download

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cccddd View Post
    i need to re download my ddo but now there is only Standard Resolution (PC). what happened? where can i get the high one.

Officially: Baring downloading through Steam, I don't know if Turbine has fixed themselves after Pando went out of business.

Unofficially: User beware but you should be able to find random installs on the net to use that should have Hi Res and can be used to install/updated.

Is the option for Very High textures available? No idea if this will work, but try setting it to Very High and restarting to see if the launcher will patch up to the high resolution client.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Officially: Baring downloading through Steam, I don't know if Turbine has fixed themselves after Pando went out of business.
    Is it horrible of me to be very happy they shut down? Always hated having to work with that program.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 09-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by cccddd View Post

The high resolution download is available when you click the large "Download" image. The text below links to the standard resolution version. We understand that this is a bit confusing, and plan to address this in a future web update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Is it horrible of me to be very happy they shut down? Always hated having to work with that program.
    Nope, Pando was a horrible program and I am very happy they are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The high resolution download is available when you click the large "Download" image. The text below links to the standard resolution version. We understand that this is a bit confusing, and plan to address this in a future web update.
    So far as I can tell, every english PC button on the download page points to the same URL. http://thehappycloud.com/ddo_en_installer

Is there a different login page that I am not aware of that has the high-res download?

Another update: The download links are all the same, but then, in the Happy Cloud launcher you can select high-res and whether you want to install all the way or play quickly.

So basically there is no difference in what the buttons on the website mean, since all those options are in the Happy Cloud launcher now, and all buttons point to it.