Smile Barbarian kills EE Green Dragon in Melee [solo]

Honestly I don't know if this has been done before but I thought it would have been a nice feat to have a pure melee to kill EE Green Dragon... So I brought my barbarian test build in the quest and killed it. I failed it 3 times before understanding how to manage the end-fight successfully but it has been fun to figure out an optimal configuration to run it. Here below a video and few screenshots:

Last edited by Zerkul; 09-30-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: YouTube Video Added
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Barb power.

Grats just curious though, how many levels of druid are you splashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Grats just curious though, how many levels of druid are you splashed?
    Just 2 levels in order to take double strike boost and retain death frenzy critical multiplier. Double strike boost is a lot stronger than haste one on builds that rely heavily on cleave attacks for their optimal DPS.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Default Gratz

Gratz and thanks for posting Zerkul. So 18 Barb/2 Druid sounds really neat...if I'm right about what it is. You might consider posting your build in the barbarian forum. I'm sure many of us are still thinking about what 2 levels "something else" to take post-enhancement pass.

I've always enjoyed these type of videos, but have never been good at telling what skill/sla a person was clicking. Any elaboration would be cool...like what you did wrong at first and what was important in the end. How much self-healing did you use besides SF pots (I thought I saw those). Where you blitzing the dragon? Would you consider using any other ED like sentinel for an EE don't drink or would that be giving up too much dps?

Cheers!
    -------------------
    Anatir the Wild Man - Pure Barbarian
    Baldornix Magnus - Paladin 1st Life, Bard 2nd Life
    Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkul View Post
    Just 2 levels in order to take double strike boost and retain death frenzy critical multiplier. Double strike boost is a lot stronger than haste one on builds that rely heavily on cleave attacks for their optimal DPS.
    Interesting. I'm too big a fan of self healing with cocoon and scrolls to ever go back to barb for endgame again, (though I did love the big hits barbs can do), but I think I'd have a hard time splashing druid instead of fighter since fighters can get tactics enhancements for stunning blow and I really like to be able to stun trash mobs.