Default A weekly Q&A with the devs

The title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauf View Post
    The title says it all.
    I'll settle for yearly if it means they actually answer the questions that forumites actually want answers to. Weekly would be enough to make me actually build some trust and respect with Turbine again. Silence will kill this game more than the worst answers to the worst questions ever will.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Ahhh, for the days of yore when we used to get the weekly dev activities... until, that is, we whined and *****ed and snarked them into oblivion. I just don't see them restarting that. It isn't like the environment has improved any.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Ahhh, for the days of yore when we used to get the weekly dev activities... until, that is, we whined and *****ed and snarked them into oblivion. I just don't see them restarting that. It isn't like the environment has improved any.
    I refuse to believe that is the reason they stopped talking to us. If this were a vaild reason, I don't think there would be any customer service workers left in the entire world. It was a handy scapegoat for them not wanting to spend any time communicating. In any job I've ever been at, if I were told to communicate with our customers, I'd either do what I was told or find another job. If I wouldn't do it, they'd hire someone that would if it became part of my job description. I have a very hard time imagining a worker going to his boss and complaining that he doesn't want to communicate because it makes him sad that people on the internet are mean. The big shots at WB would just send him to the curb and get someone that can handle it. Even if this is the reason they are so quiet, I find the silence much more rage inducing than anything positive or negative they could ever communicate with. If they think going all hush hush is helping them in the PR department, they are mistaken.

The most likely reason in my mind is that they simply do not have enough man hours to devote even 5 minutes of time per day on forum upkeep communication. When they go home, they probably don't even want to think about work. This is a time related issue much more than a "whiny forumites are to blame" situation.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    The most likely reason in my mind is that they simply do not have enough man hours to devote even 5 minutes of time per day on forum upkeep communication. When they go home, they probably don't even want to think about work. This is a time related issue much more than a "whiny forumites are to blame" situation.
    and that's exactly my point. they already have people on their payroll roaming the forums and answering the occasional nonsense thread with an "oh that's nice!" and on occasion answering someone's uncontroversial issue thread.
    So people are putting in the hours and turbine's already putting in the money...

All I'm asking is that at least once a week there would be a thread in which simple one liner questions would receive simple on liner replies... short and to the point. no pitchforks or anything (not that that can be helped, forums being what they are... but those can simply be ignored in that thread)

should be easy to implement and maintain, and the only reason not to do it is that it establishes a constant way for turbine to communicate with the community... not sure why but they seem to be against that.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

First we would need to define the term Dev...

Is Dev : Community Relation ?
    Is Dev : QA Kobold ?
    Is Dev : Game System Developer ?
    Is Dev : Game Graphic Designer ?
    Is Dev : Game Item Designer ?
    Is Dev : Game Master ?
    Is Dev : Game Producer ?

Because depending on the definition of Dev, we might waste our time ( and theirs ) having a Q&A.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    First we would need to define the term Dev...

Because depending on the definition of Dev, we might waste our time ( and theirs ) having a Q&A.
    Anyone with information and/or the ability to get it, who's qualified to give answers.

I assume this means whoever is in charge of dealing with players on the forums would be more than enough for purposes of a simple Q & A every now and again.
    and if any question pops up that they don't know the answer to, I'm sure they can relay it to people who do.

Community Member

Default Lag?

I'm not sure a weekly Q&A is possible because of the lag time.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.