Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    This is what is amazing to me about how they are changing trap DC's lately. Even my third life rogue with max Search and 1 or 2 ranks in Awareness (from the Mechanic tree) had to have his max-plus-search-for-level item on as he leveled after U19 in order to find traps - and this was doing elite quests at level (so, being level 18 while running Vale quests on elite, being level 16 while running Orchard quests on elite, etc). I don't understand how Turbine expects new players to enjoy running a rogue or artificer if they cannot perform one of the most critical functions of the class (and one of the functions which would be a huge reason for a new player to be a rogue or artificer). In fact, over the weekend, I was finishing up my (now) 13 rogue/6 monk/1 fighter (who was then 11 rogue/6 monk/1 fighter) who had max ranks in Search and a +15 search item - but no ranks in Awareness - and he could not find the traps in Coalescence chamber. Very disappointing.
    +1

Well call me a cynic when the Trap DC gets harder at the same time they release Skill Tomes in the store that can raise your Disable/Search/Spot skill by 4 points for the nominal fee of ~900TP each.

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    +1

Well call me a cynic when the Trap DC gets harder at the same time they release Skill Tomes in the store that can raise your Disable/Search/Spot skill by 4 points for the nominal fee of ~900TP each.

My Current rogue has no SKill TOmes and Nothing invested into trap skills via enhancements and has been able to do all ELite traps through Level 10(Including ELite Von5)

I have crafted all my rogue skill items.. so I have that going for me... but I would have to say I have seen no "significant increase" in Trap DCs this life.
    Last edited by Impaqt; 09-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I pick up oodles of +5 Thieves Tools - +7 to Disable Device and Open Lock!

I have MULTIPLE Rogues and Artis who all have Multiple lots of +5 Tools!

I have More +5 Tools in the Guild Chest just in case!

I manage to put +5 Tools on the AH pretty regularly and at 1300 bid / 2k Buyout they generally sell within an hr at most! {This is on pretty much any server you care to name!}.

I used to put them up for even less BUT I don't want to sell to the guy who decides he's gonna put them straight back on the AH for a Profit!
    I want to sell to the people who NEED the Tools.

Now as for DCs - I personally know a guy who can get DCs of 100+ with ease {yes he's in Shadowdancer or has it Twisted and I'm talking about Lvl 20 so not Coal Chamber!}.
    BUT
    My own Rogue Mech who TRd at Lvl 22 without completing Shadowdancer never mind other Destinies could hit 90+ DC before TRing too!

The big issue I've noticed is that while boosting the DCs of traps in quests of Lvl 13 and Up {Something that really did have to be done - Cabal is Super Hard at Lvl 15 But easily done at 18! and that's the Previous Highest DC in the Game!} the Devs have gone and made it harder for Rogues and Artis to get the Points required!

Rogue Acrobats - Notoriously short on intel for Rogues are by far the Worst Hit {allowing them to use Dex for Disable/OL and Wis if Monk Splashed for Search would go a long way to making them viable 1st life trappers!

As for Artis, Rogue Mechs and Assassins - All have slightly LOWER Possible Max DCs than Before - It Might be an idea to look into Fitting in that Skill Focus Search Feat and Possibly Nimble Fingers too!

Remember Search is the Kicker NOT DD - If you CANNOT FIND the Trap you CANNOT Disable it!

-Search has NO Roll of the Dice - You either have the DC or you don't!
    -Search does NOT Benefit from Tools either!

This means that hopefully the Devs have made certain all Search DCs are at Least 12 Points lower than the corresponding Disable DC!
    5 from the Dice {Disable has a Crit Fail only if fail by 5 or more!}
    + 7 from Tools {If you're NOT using +5 Tools then it's your own fault you've Blown up the Box!}.

If your Search and Disable DCs on your Character Sheet both say 50 {Lvl 18 this is highly gettable} then that means your actual Disable DC is 58 Guaranteed {with +5 Tools and Minimum roll of 1 on the Dice} and 62 No Crit Fail! whereas your Search DC is 50!

To get that Trap in Cabal you actually need 73/4 so you'd need 65 DD on your character sheet at Lvl 15 {Super Hard to get!} to guarantee NO Crit Fail!

BUT First you must be able to Find it!!!

Search is the MOST Important Skill for a Rogue or Arti! - Then Disable, Then UMD, Spot and Open Lock! {+ Concentration, Spellcraft and Heal/Repair for Artis of course}.

Now Lvl 17 Pure Rogue Acrobat {Halfling with Level ups and ALL Ability Enhancements going to Dex!} =

20 from Ability Scores
    Base 14 Int {No Lower} and +6 Item and +2 Tome = 22 or +6
    +15 Item of Minute Seeing {Make sure you put this on of course!}
    Awareness x 3 {Tier 1 Mechanic} +3
    Skill Boost x 3 {Tier 2 Mechanic} +6
    GH from Pots or Scrolls or Friendly Caster/Human

Total = 54!

This is Insanely Low for the Trap DCs we now have at Lvl 17 and this is on a PURE Rogue!

Add Skill Focus Search Feat for another +3 and go Elf if you want to be able to Trap as an Acrobat!

Not counting Ship Buffs, Bard Buffs etc.

Oh and the Corresponding DD Score is 62 for No Fail! - You need to roll a 11/12 on the Dice to get a Trap that's TWO Levels Below you even on Elite!

64 if you've taken Nimble Fingers {From What I can tell Skill Focus Search beats Skill Focus Disable and the +2 OL as well as DD from Nimble Fingers is a better bet too!}.

Yes the Skill Boost gives more than it used to BUT Rogue Mechs have LOST a lot of Trapping Skills thanks to the Devs making their Core abilities DPS Based!

Forcing Acrobats and Assassins to go to Tier 2 Mech to even get close to a viable trap DC is just Wrong!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-30-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Great points

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I pick up oodles of +5 Thieves Tools - +7 to Disable Device and Open Lock!

I have MULTIPLE Rogues and Artis who all have Multiple lots of +5 Tools!

I have More +5 Tools in the Guild Chest just in case!

I manage to put +5 Tools on the AH pretty regularly and at 1300 bid / 2k Buyout they generally sell within an hr at most! {This is on pretty much any server you care to name!}.

I used to put them up for even less BUT I don't want to sell to the guy who decides he's gonna put them straight back on the AH for a Profit!
    I want to sell to the people who NEED the Tools.

Now as for DCs - I personally know a guy who can get DCs of 100+ with ease {yes he's in Shadowdancer or has it Twisted and I'm talking about Lvl 20 so not Coal Chamber!}.
    BUT
    My own Rogue Mech who TRd at Lvl 22 without completing Shadowdancer never mind other Destinies could hit 90+ DC before TRing too!

The big issue I've noticed is that while boosting the DCs of traps in quests of Lvl 13 and Up {Something that really did have to be done - Cabal is Super Hard at Lvl 15 But easily done at 18! and that's the Previous Highest DC in the Game!} the Devs have gone and made it harder for Rogues and Artis to get the Points required!

Rogue Acrobats - Notoriously short on intel for Rogues are by far the Worst Hit {allowing them to use Dex for Disable/OL and Wis if Monk Splashed for Search would go a long way to making them viable 1st life trappers!

As for Artis, Rogue Mechs and Assassins - All have slightly LOWER Possible Max DCs than Before - It Might be an idea to look into Fitting in that Skill Focus Search Feat and Possibly Nimble Fingers too!

Remember Search is the Kicker NOT DD - If you CANNOT FIND the Trap you CANNOT Disable it!

-Search has NO Roll of the Dice - You either have the DC or you don't!
    -Search does NOT Benefit from Tools either!

This means that hopefully the Devs have made certain all Search DCs are at Least 12 Points lower than the corresponding Disable DC!
    5 from the Dice {Disable has a Crit Fail only if fail by 5 or more!}
    + 7 from Tools {If you're NOT using +5 Tools then it's your own fault you've Blown up the Box!}.

If your Search and Disable DCs on your Character Sheet both say 50 {Lvl 18 this is highly gettable} then that means your actual Disable DC is 58 Guaranteed {with +5 Tools and Minimum roll of 1 on the Dice} and 62 No Crit Fail! whereas your Search DC is 50!

To get that Trap in Cabal you actually need 73/4 so you'd need 65 DD on your character sheet at Lvl 15 {Super Hard to get!} to guarantee NO Crit Fail!

BUT First you must be able to Find it!!!

Search is the MOST Important Skill for a Rogue or Arti! - Then Disable, Then UMD, Spot and Open Lock! {+ Concentration, Spellcraft and Heal/Repair for Artis of course}.

Now Lvl 17 Pure Rogue Acrobat {Halfling with Level ups and ALL Ability Enhancements going to Dex!} =

20 from Ability Scores
    Base 14 Int {No Lower} and +6 Item and +2 Tome = 22 or +6
    +15 Item of Minute Seeing {Make sure you put this on of course!}
    Awareness x 3 {Tier 1 Mechanic} +3
    Skill Boost x 3 {Tier 2 Mechanic} +6
    GH from Pots or Scrolls or Friendly Caster/Human

Total = 54!

This is Insanely Low for the Trap DCs we now have at Lvl 17 and this is on a PURE Rogue!

Add Skill Focus Search Feat for another +3 and go Elf if you want to be able to Trap as an Acrobat!

Not counting Ship Buffs, Bard Buffs etc.

Oh and the Corresponding DD Score is 62 for No Fail! - You need to roll a 11/12 on the Dice to get a Trap that's TWO Levels Below you even on Elite!

64 if you've taken Nimble Fingers {From What I can tell Skill Focus Search beats Skill Focus Disable and the +2 OL as well as DD from Nimble Fingers is a better bet too!}.

Yes the Skill Boost gives more than it used to BUT Rogue Mechs have LOST a lot of Trapping Skills thanks to the Devs making their Core abilities DPS Based!

Forcing Acrobats and Assassins to go to Tier 2 Mech to even get close to a viable trap DC is just Wrong!
    I didn't think about that and when I TR'ed I took Skill Focus UMD as usual, but if I have an xtra feat or maybe next life I'm adding Search as a Skill Focus feat.

For that trap in Cabal I can spot and disarm it (no evasion). When I did it under level I had to use GH with my search ring.

Community Member

I used to take Nimble Fingers, but I swapped it for Insightful Reflexes. I have never found Skill Focus: UMD to be worth it since I can get my UMD up high enough to not need it. This is not say it does not have a place in some builds - only that it does not have a place in mine. With the enhancement pass, I dropped Weapon Finesse and picked up IC: Piercing. I suppose I could drop that for Skill Focus: Search if I really wanted to since I didn't have IC: Piercing before and, thus, should not miss it now. However, again, this is a requirement that did not previously exist and it is one that I feel should not exist. The cost of a feat for +3 to a skill (any skill, in my opinion) is too expensive. Anyway, I suppose we will see how this all shakes out.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    My Current rogue has no SKill TOmes and Nothing invested into trap skills via enhancements and has been able to do all ELite traps through Level 10(Including ELite Von5)

I have crafted all my rogue skill items.. so I have that going for me... but I would have to say I have seen no "significant increase" in Trap DCs this life.
    Lol. It's not the first 10 levels anyone has trouble with. Try the next 10 and see how you do.

I used to take Nimble Fingers, but I swapped it for Insightful Reflexes. I have never found Skill Focus: UMD to be worth it since I can get my UMD up high enough to not need it. This is not say it does not have a place in some builds - only that it does not have a place in mine. With the enhancement pass, I dropped Weapon Finesse and picked up IC: Piercing. I suppose I could drop that for Skill Focus: Search if I really wanted to since I didn't have IC: Piercing before and, thus, should not miss it now. However, again, this is a requirement that did not previously exist and it is one that I feel should not exist. The cost of a feat for +3 to a skill (any skill, in my opinion) is too expensive. Anyway, I suppose we will see how this all shakes out.
    Then they may as well go through the Feats List and Remove ALL Feats that you personally don't want to have to take?

Come on now.

Skill Focus DD and Nimble Fingers have been Newbie Traps for as long as I've been playing DDO - I rather like the fact that they're now useful at Higher Levels {Saves Newbies quite a bit of Plat on Sibery Shards/Feat Exchanges after all!}.

You used to get laughed at for taking Skill Focus: Search - Not any More!

Oh and Monk/Acrobats are the New WF FavSouls - They'd have to be Super Twinked out to be viable Trappers - Do NOT expect Trap Skills if you see Monk Levels on that Rogue!

I have the +3 Skill Tomes for DD and Search {and of course +2 Int} on ALL my Rogues and Pre Level 18 it's hard to maintain that Guarantee of Never Failing a Trap - For Newbies it would be nigh on Impossible!

Pure Elf Rogue Acrobat gets 7 standard feats + Imp Evasion, Opportunist and Skill Mastery {+1 to all Skills} by Lvl 18

My current Choice would probably be Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Skill Focus: Search, Nimble Fingers, Imp Crit Bludgeon and Resilience - Good luck fitting Toughness, PA, Cleave and Great Cleave in!

Oh and Insightful Reflexes on an Acrobat? You're Kidding right?

Community Member

I love when people change the parameters of the discussion and then proclaim there is nothing wrong.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    Lol. It's not the first 10 levels anyone has trouble with. Try the next 10 and see how you do.

Like what? please inform me so I can keep an eye out.

The point of the op(Unless I'm mistaken) is that low level items arent dropping. There are lots of high end items out there... I've done well because I have been able to craft items. but most new players wont have that luxory.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I love when people change the parameters of the discussion and then proclaim there is nothing wrong.
    I love when people don't watch the Rolls and then proclaim everything's fine when they could just as easily have had a streak of good luck and a bunch of High Rolls!

Search and DD for VoN 5 Heroic also may very well have been LOWERED!

The Devs stated that they were going to go through the Levels standardizing the Trap DCs and VoN 5 was Ultra High Previously.

VoN 5 Epic on the other hand could be Insane Now!

Chances are that Cabal for One is no longer 73 DC on Heroic Elite but closer to 64/65 and that Coal Chamber is now 20 points higher than it used to be - We're gonna have to get used to these changes.

Please let me know where I said there was nothing wrong? I'm quite frustrated with the current drop rate of rogue skill items. its this notion that DC's have been raised that has me confused...

I've helped track Rogue DC's since the games inception. Wrote guides... tested DC's extensively.

I have not noticed any significant increase in Trap or lock DC's.
    Thelanis

Sev~

btw....

Sunken Sewer has been the reference heroic Content for Trap DC's for Quite some time. Not Cabal.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    Actually, I fully expect new players to be running elite at level. Not because they should or even can contribute effectively, but because of the pervasive attitude of most that if it's not elite streaking it's not worth doing.
    Truth spoken.

btw....

Sunken Sewer has been the reference heroic Content for Trap DC's for Quite some time. Not Cabal.
    Sunken Sewer is a Lvl 2 Quest!

The DC of the Trapped Chest in Durk's is {Was} the Highest Lvl 2 DC! {32-34 on Elite last time I looked}

Chamber of Insanity {Lvl 5 - Elite Lvl 7} is also known for having Insanely High DCs!

But These don't come close to the 72-74 in Elite Cabal!

Oh and if you're talking about the Poison Traps in Sunken Sewer - So far as I know they don't even have Boxes - All the other traps in there are easy enough to find!

Community Member

Then they may as well go through the Feats List and Remove ALL Feats that you personally don't want to have to take?
    Where did I say that? What I did say is that I feel it is unreasonable to force players to take Skill Focus feats in order to be effective while performing one of their class's critical roles, especially when it has never been required before. Additionally, the problem I have with it is you have to lower your dps even further to do this. Anyway, in the future, how about your read what I wrote rather than proffer your interpretation of what I wrote?

Skill Focus DD and Nimble Fingers have been Newbie Traps for as long as I've been playing DDO - I rather like the fact that they're now useful at Higher Levels {Saves Newbies quite a bit of Plat on Sibery Shards/Feat Exchanges after all!}.

You used to get laughed at for taking Skill Focus: Search - Not any More!
    I am pretty sure you'd still be laughed at for SF: Search. From what I have experienced from 15 to 20, it is not the Disable Device that is the problem. It is the Search. So, that leaves SF: DD and Nimble Fingers as "newbie traps" still.

Oh and Monk/Acrobats are the New WF FavSouls - They'd have to be Super Twinked out to be viable Trappers - Do NOT expect Trap Skills if you see Monk Levels on that Rogue!
    Even "super twinked out", I could not get my 13 rogue/6 monk/1 fighter's Search high enough for Coal Chamber. It will be interesting to see how he does in epic quests now.

I have the +3 Skill Tomes for DD and Search {and of course +2 Int} on ALL my Rogues and Pre Level 18 it's hard to maintain that Guarantee of Never Failing a Trap - For Newbies it would be nigh on Impossible!
    Well, my pure rogue has no skill tomes, but does have a +4 intelligence tome applying at 15th level. All level ups went into intelligence and he was always wearing a +6 intelligence item. On top of that, he had +2 intelligence from the Assassin tree and acquired +1 intelligence from the Mechanic tree at level 18.

Pure Elf Rogue Acrobat gets 7 standard feats + Imp Evasion, Opportunist and Skill Mastery {+1 to all Skills} by Lvl 18

My current Choice would probably be Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Skill Focus: Search, Nimble Fingers, Imp Crit Bludgeon and Resilience - Good luck fitting Toughness, PA, Cleave and Great Cleave in!

Oh and Insightful Reflexes on an Acrobat? You're Kidding right?
    I must have confused you with my builds. So, let's clear that up and then you can hop down off your high horse and stop telling me how to build my characters.

First character
    Pure rogue Assassin; Starting stats: 12 str, 18 dex, 16 con, 16 int, 8 wis, 8 cha. All level ups into intelligence. I would expect trapping to be pretty much a cakewalk on this character. (3rd life)

Second character
    12 ranger/7 monk/1 rogue; Starting stats: 13 str, 16 dex, 16 con, 14 int, 11 wis, 8 cha. All level ups into dexterity. I expect this one to struggle some, even with the highest bonuses from gear that I can get. Trap skills max'd. (2nd life)

Third character
    13 rogue/6 monk/1 right; Starting stats: 18 str, 14 dex, 16 con, 12 int, 8 wis, 6 cha. All level ups into strength. I expect this one to struggle as well, even with the highest bonuses from gear that I can get. Trap skills max'd. (1st life)

So, when I talk about having trouble finding some boxes on my pure rogue, then I would say I know what I am talking about. Hopefully, you are less confused.

Sunken Sewer is a Lvl 2 Quest!
    Sorry. Sunken PARRISH.... Not sewer.....

Chamber of insanity traps were bugged for a while. Current life, I was able to disable them with a +5 item and +2 Free agent tools at level on elite....

(Still had 0 Enhancements invested in trap skills)
    Last edited by Impaqt; 09-30-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Thelanis

Sev~

I'm glad others are noticing things about trap gear. This is the first time I have played a trapper since 2010 so all my trapping stuff was vendored off a long time ago. Really regret it now. I had a heck of a time trying to find disabling and minute seeing gear in low levels. Couldn't loot any either. I had to roll better than a low number to successfully disable boxes. At least search and spot were good enough. It wasn't until I was level 8ish until I finally found +3 disable items on AH. Level 9 saw a +9 item but was outbid and the only disable item in ALL levels. Level 11 finally found a +10 item. There really isn't much on the AH and MP vendors are unreliable for better than +3.

If its this hard for me with practically unlimited plat, knowing how to build characters and know where to look/who to ask for help imagine how difficult it is for new players right now.

Community Member

Sorry. Sunken PARRISH.... Not sewer.....

Chamber of insanity traps were bugged for a while. Current life, I was able to disable them with a +5 item and +2 Free agent tools at level on elite....

(Still had 0 Enhancements invested in trap skills)
    Seems like Chamber of Insanity was lowered. When I ran it on my cleric with an artificer friend several months ago, he had +5 tools and the highest search and dd items for his level and he still blew boxes - and that was with a 16 or 18 starting int, a +1 from tome and another +1 from level up. I don't know what he had for enhancements at the time.

Where did I say that? What I did say is that I feel it is unreasonable to force players to take Skill Focus feats in order to be effective while performing one of their class's critical roles, especially when it has never been required before. Additionally, the problem I have with it is you have to lower your dps even further to do this. Anyway, in the future, how about your read what I wrote rather than proffer your interpretation of what I wrote?

You specifically stated:
    However, again, this is a requirement that did not previously exist and it is one that I feel should not exist. The cost of a feat for +3 to a skill (any skill, in my opinion) is too expensive.
    So basically you're saying that in your opinion these Feats shoud be removed from the game so you can concentrate on DPS DPS DPS!

I am pretty sure you'd still be laughed at for SF: Search. From what I have experienced from 15 to 20, it is not the Disable Device that is the problem. It is the Search. So, that leaves SF: DD and Nimble Fingers as "newbie traps" still.
    So anyone laughing at me, you or Newbies for taking Skill Focus: Search would clearly be a Noob!

Wheras in the past they've had reasons for criticizing the New Focus on Search is going to change that!

Even "super twinked out", I could not get my 13 rogue/6 monk/1 fighter's Search high enough for Coal Chamber. It will be interesting to see how he does in epic quests now.
    I'm frankly not at all surprised - Even a PURE Acrobat has issues getting viable DCs - A Mutt Build = No Hope pre Destinies!

Well, my pure rogue has no skill tomes, but does have a +4 intelligence tome applying at 15th level. All level ups went into intelligence and he was always wearing a +6 intelligence item. On top of that, he had +2 intelligence from the Assassin tree and acquired +1 intelligence from the Mechanic tree at level 18.
    With all that Int you really shouldn't be having trouble getting Search and Disable DCs anywhere {Check you've got your Best Minute Seeing/Disabling items hotbarred and swapped in when required!}.

I must have confused you with my builds. So, let's clear that up and then you can hop down off your high horse and stop telling me how to build my characters.

First character
    Pure rogue Assassin; Starting stats: 12 str, 18 dex, 16 con, 16 int, 8 wis, 8 cha. All level ups into intelligence. I would expect trapping to be pretty much a cakewalk on this character. (3rd life)

Second character
    12 ranger/7 monk/1 rogue; Starting stats: 13 str, 16 dex, 16 con, 14 int, 11 wis, 8 cha. All level ups into dexterity. I expect this one to struggle some, even with the highest bonuses from gear that I can get. Trap skills max'd. (2nd life)

Third character
    13 rogue/6 monk/1 right; Starting stats: 18 str, 14 dex, 16 con, 12 int, 8 wis, 6 cha. All level ups into strength. I expect this one to struggle as well, even with the highest bonuses from gear that I can get. Trap skills max'd. (1st life)

So, when I talk about having trouble finding some boxes on my pure rogue, then I would say I know what I am talking about. Hopefully, you are less confused.
    And I was talking specifically about Acrobats as they have it the worst of anyone!

I couldn't go into detail on every different type of Rogue or Arti Build as there simply isn't enough time this century!

P.S. Your Monk Acrobat is STILL a Str Build?
    Why?

With 12 Base Int I can pretty much guarantee you're gonna have problems with Traps {even as a Legend Build} Pre Destinies.

Acrobats have always been behind Mechs, Assassins and Artis because of their different stat requirements.
    The other 3 have always been able to Pump Int with Impunity {despite all the Str Assassins out there there's ample examples of Int Builds doing fine too!}.

Allowing Acrobats to use Dex for DD and Monks to use Wis for Search would at least help the already Synergistic Monk/Acrobats out {Not sure how to help Pure Acrobats on Search as Wis is an actual Dump Stat for them and swapping Search to Wis would just mean Int becomes the Dump Stat!}.

Fixing the Core Mechanic abilities to give back the Prestige Trap Bonuses we used to have would be my first and Foremost suggestion for the Devs...

-+2 at each Core Ability in the Mech Tree to Search, DD, OL and Spot
    -+2 at each Core Ability in the Acrobat Tree to Balance, Jump, Tumble and Swim
    -+2 at each Core Ability in the Assassin Tree to Hide, Move Silently, Bluff and Listen

Keep the Tier 1 Enhancements in each tree as is EXCEPT for dropping Rogue Skill Boost to Tier 1 Mech {This should NOT be Tier 2!} - Swap it with Lacerating Shots or Thunderstone.

Oh and please Remove Great Crossbows from the game - These are SIEGE WEAPONS - Give Rogue Mechs Light Repeaters at Lvl 1 and keep Hvy Repeaters Arti only!

If my barbarian took 2 levels of rogue, she could use str for DD? My current TR is a dwarf paladin with rogue levels. Maybe he could use con for DD and wouldn't have much trouble with traps.

If you multi class there shouldn't be whatever invested stat is normally used for that build to use for trapping. That is just absurd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast