Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    The XP tokens are automatically used as soon as they are chosen. You cannot bank them for a TR or anything.. (boooooo)
    However, one valid use of these tokens is to level epic destinies that you really hate running quests with (like Magister with a melee build or Legendary Dreadnought with an arcane build).
    "Freedom is the sovereign right of every American!"
    -Liberty Prime™

Community Member

Talking

Triple completionist and tireless contributor to the community. Someone make him the president of everything!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    The XP tokens are automatically used as soon as they are chosen. You cannot bank them for a TR or anything.. (boooooo)
    Booooo! That would have made them much more preferable for me.

TRs can't use veteran status, TRs can't use the big XP tokens... the silly grind through early levels is a nuisance. (Luckily it's just up to 8 or so, then stone.)

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    A VIP can choose to skip 1 quest per Saga. To do this, select Give me the details about the next quest in the saga from the initial dialogue. This will detail the "next" quest and give you the option to skip it:
    EXCELLENT write-up!

1) One thing I'm not sure about is if this is per saga run-through, or one and done? IE, can I skip, say, Don't Drink the Water every time I do Perils of Cormyr or just the once?

2) Epic Perils of Cormyr includes Impossible Demands, Unquiet Graves, Lost in the Thread, and Battle for Eveningstar

3) Your tables inspired me to edit the wiki page to incorporate a similar one. Hope you don't mind!
    Last edited by LrdSlvrhnd; 10-02-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    1) One thing I'm not sure about is if this is per saga run-through, or one and done? IE, can I skip, say, Don't Drink the Water every time I do Perils of Cormyr or just the once?
    Each time you claim a reward it resets what you can skip. So if you wanted to, you can skip Don't Drink The Water each time you run through a saga that has it in it.

2) Epic Perils of Cormyr includes Impossible Demands, Unquiet Graves, Lost in the Thread, and Battle for Eveningstar
    Updated the table and double-checked all the other saga's. Cheers for spotting that.

3) Your tables inspired me to edit the wiki page to incorporate a similar one. Hope you don't mind!
    Always happy to help the wiki

Well done thanks for the info
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Each time you claim a reward it resets what you can skip. So if you wanted to, you can skip Don't Drink The Water each time you run through a saga that has it in it.
    Thanks, that's what I thought, but one never knows... lol

Updated the table and double-checked all the other saga's. Cheers for spotting that.
    It was double-checking MY table that led me to notice it *g*

Always happy to help the wiki
    And the wiki is always happy to be helped!
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

)
    If that's true, why NPC don't want to take my shards for skip in MotU saga?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    If that's true, why NPC don't want to take my shards for skip in MotU saga?
    It is true. Or are you suggesting that Turbine in their wisdom would only allow you to spend astral shards as a one-time only deal? Really?

As for your problem, who knows. Ask for the details of the quest and look at the bottom of the list where it details how many times you've used the shard or VIP skip option.

When I look at mine, it shows 0 out of X after I claim my reward.

Are you below the maximum number of shard skips for that saga? Are you going into the correct place to spend your shards? Are you selecting the (Donate Shards for Elite completion) option? Do you have enough shards?

Be sure and come back and let us know if it's one of the above.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I completed saga once, shortly after they came out, donated shards to have 1 EE done, then more to upgrade to true elite.

Shortly after they reactivated sagas I found that I have almost all quests done on EE after helping flagging someone through underdark and demonweb.

I needed forest quests and dont drink the water.

I completed forest quests, wanted to skip well with shards.
    NPC says I already used skip option in this saga.

Filled ticked, it was closed after 1 minute with standard answer 'Its a knonw issue, we can't help you, G.T.F.O. and have a nice day.'

I managed to get pug for green dragon, claimed my reward. When I log in I'll check if it allows me to pay shards for skip.

Oops. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by sephiroth1084; 10-05-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Heh. Apparently.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

a question, as i'm returning from an extended break form DDO:

do the quests for a Saga need to be run in the order the saga lists them or can they be run in any order?
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    a question, as i'm returning from an extended break form DDO:

do the quests for a Saga need to be run in the order the saga lists them or can they be run in any order?
    Any order is fine.

Community Member

quick follow-up question: i get that you can do them in any order, but do they all have to be done together or can you do other quest from outside the saga in-between these? so can i start the gianthold saga and then do a non-gianthold quest in the middle and still get the saga bonus?

thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12