Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Seriously DDO would be so much better with just the epic normal and epic elite difficulties. Close epic hard.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    No.
    Don't say things I agree with.

Even most the people arguing that eh is badly scaled and boring don't really want it removed.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Seriously DDO would be so much better with just the epic normal and epic elite difficulties. Close epic hard. Try a weekend without epic hard and I think DDO would be better. Try closing epic hard for a week because it adds nothing. It gives some silly bonus which should not be and it is barely any more difficult then epic normal. Epic elite is actually somewhat difficult and gives a larger bonus then normal first time. Why does epic hard give a bonus - really why at all. Let's get this right. Make DDO just epic normal and epic elite and end this epic hard difficulty which does nothing for DDO.
    *Yawn

You can troll better than this.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 09-30-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Thumbs down

/not signed
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    *Yawn

Lol! Right?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    My wizard has a nice selection of heavy picks, because that's how he used to kill things in epics. Well, that and a woo-woo stick.

I can't really remember if the grass was greener, but it must have been - it always is. Was. Whatever. Get off my porch.

*Yawn

Funny thing is........what ive known about the OP he doesn't seem the type to troll just for the sake of trolling unless hes really got me fooled............I mean you do look at a lot of his idea's and posts..............and wonder................

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Why should we care? Why do you feel entitled to my caring? Why is your struggling or even having fun any concern of anyone else's but yours?

Oh wait, are we still talking about the OP's insane idea of removing EH? Something so ridiculous it has 0% chance of ever happening so worrying about it is absurd?
    Yeah but why take away EH at all? I still don't get it................not enough people joining my EE lfm they all playing EH because thats the path of least resistance...............so it must be removed? Whats the OP going to do once EH is removed? Start another thread complaining bitterly about all these noobs now flooding EE's lol. I would like the challenge to be scaled up a bit in EH, and I would like more incentive to run EE, ie more experience points for the time. EN is another snooze fest I never run EN maybe that should be removed as well cause well I don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Yeah but why take away EH at all? I still don't get it................not enough people joining my EE lfm they all playing EH because thats the path of least resistance...............so it must be removed? Whats the OP going to do once EH is removed? Start another thread complaining bitterly about all these noobs now flooding EE's lol. I would like the challenge to be scaled up a bit in EH, and I would like more incentive to run EE, ie more experience points for the time. EN is another snooze fest I never run EN maybe that should be removed as well cause well I don't like it?
    I think you're missing the point that the people saying eh is a snooze other than the op don't actually want it removed and have said that it was a bad idea and that we didn't want it. We are using the op as an opportunity to have a conversation about the problems that are here in the way the game scales from en to eh to ee since there is so very very little difference between en and eh.

To be honest I don't always feel like ee, but I could be very very drunk and still have no problem finishing an eh, that's kind of a problem in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    I think you're missing the point that the people saying eh is a snooze other than the op don't actually want it removed and have said that it was a bad idea and that we didn't want it. We are using the op as an opportunity to have a conversation about the problems that are here in the way the game scales from en to eh to ee since there is so very very little difference between en and eh.

To be honest I don't always feel like ee, but I could be very very drunk and still have no problem finishing an eh, that's kind of a problem in my opinion.
    Some people play better when their drunk.........some are even nicer too.............

Yeah well I say EH should be scaled up some.......but not too much, I wouldn't mind it but I think a fair few would, and at the same time the incentive to run EE should be made more attractive, I think doing both would be the best solution.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 09-30-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Some people play better when their drunk.........some are even nicer too.............

Yeah well I say EH should be scaled up some.......but not too much, I wouldn't mind it but I think a fair few would, and at the same time the incentive to run EE should be made more attractive, I think doing both would be the best solution.
    Yeah the point is though, like I've said in the past I'm not the best player but I'm good/not bad. EE depending on the quest is either a simple have to pay attention to offering some challenge. EH though I don't really have to pay attention in, there needs to be some better scaling than that happening, it shouldn't be a case of having a challenge or having the challenge be not going to sleep. (lil hyperbole there but....)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    Except we're not talking about just being "viable" in EE at that point. If you triple the exp, people are going to want to get it done as fast as possible, for the highest benfits/most exp per minute. That means people WILL gravitate towards the builds that can do it all, because that's "easier" than the other setups. Why take along someone who's merely "viable" as opposed to someone who can help steamroll the place?

Classes/builds that are just "viable" in EE now would be passed over for ones that are "superior" in EE. If you don't believe that, then I think you're being somewhat naive.
    So you'd prefer people build bad toons and gimp their way through EH? I'm trying to fathom your thoughts and it's making my brain swell.

*Yawn

I gotta admit I rated this troll too low, we're at almost 200 replies and it's staying civil enough to not be cubed.

Community Member

Default Top ten additional immediate changes needed to follow the EN/EE only rule

The entire game would be much better with fewer choices, so start the laundry list:

1. Get rid of dungeon alert modes "yellow, orange". Should either be no alert at all or full on RED ALERT PARTY WIPE.

2. Stat point allocation at character creation should be MIN/MAX only. Same with skills. Balance points spent on a single stat/skill of your choice.

3. Dungeons can only be entered either SOLO or FULL PARTY. If someone DC's the entire quest should freeze frame until they come back. If you entered full party you must have the same full party to complete the quest. Once you enter solo, no one else can join ever you must restart as full party to do that.

4. You must complete every single optional to get any XP or chests at all. Why have optional in a quest make it binary all or nothing.

5. No more random loot. Random chests and quest end rewards only have gems, collectables and platinum. Raid chests have Raid loot. Raid gear or no gear for all.

6. All slayer/explorer/rare XP is granted at once, when you complete all of them 100% in the slayer area. All or nothing again.

7. No more active feats, stances or enhancements. If you have the feat or enhancement it is always on. If you don't want it don't take it (i.e.: power attack, maximize, etc.)

8. No more feat swaps or LR's. You must TR to change anything whatsoever on your toon.

9. No more two class only multi-classing. You must either be pure, or have three classes. You cannot have two classes only.

10. No more caster/melee multi-classing. You are either caster or melee, you cannot be both at once take your pick.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    The entire game would be much better with fewer choices, so start the laundry list:

1. Get rid of dungeon alert modes "yellow, orange". Should either be no alert at all or full on RED ALERT PARTY WIPE.

2. Stat point allocation at character creation should be MIN/MAX only. Same with skills. Balance points spent on a single stat/skill of your choice.

3. Dungeons can only be entered either SOLO or FULL PARTY. If someone DC's the entire quest should freeze frame until they come back. If you entered full party you must have the same full party to complete the quest. Once you enter solo, no one else can join ever you must restart as full party to do that.

4. You must complete every single optional to get any XP or chests at all. Why have optional in a quest make it binary all or nothing.

5. No more random loot. Random chests and quest end rewards only have gems, collectables and platinum. Raid chests have Raid loot. Raid gear or no gear for all.

6. All slayer/explorer/rare XP is granted at once, when you complete all of them 100% in the slayer area. All or nothing again.

7. No more active feats, stances or enhancements. If you have the feat or enhancement it is always on. If you don't want it don't take it (i.e.: power attack, maximize, etc.)

8. No more feat swaps or LR's. You must TR to change anything whatsoever on your toon.

9. No more two class only multi-classing. You must either be pure, or have three classes. You cannot have two classes only.

10. No more caster/melee multi-classing. You are either caster or melee, you cannot be both at once take your pick.
    3/10 you tried to hard on that one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    The challenge most of the so called elitists crave is a joke to players like myself because real challenge in D&D comes from facing off against another thinking human being, and in MMO that is the main reason for a PvP option and why the best most immerssive RP experiences allow open world PvP and dont use artifical systems like pvp gear and lvls to seperate it from the everyday play, and likewise dont make raid gear a priority either. Pretty much Age of conan on its first month of launch. Afterwards when the devs started listening to wowtards and adding pvp lvls and gear, and making raids drop superior gear, the game died for both PvPers and RPers who funny enough where all part of the same mindset that Open World pvp based purely on player skill and not grinding of gear and xp should matter most.
    While I agree with you that EE is terrible (the whole game went in the wrong direction when it made us do a ton of damage and gave opponents a ton of health to make up for it), PvP is even worse. More importantly, PvP is nothing like real tabletop D&D because the entire goal of PvP is the opposite of tabletop D&D. The goal of the DM in D&D is to design encounters that the players will beat that are fun for the players. In other words, the primary goal of the DM is to lose the fight, while making sure the players have a good time. The primary goal of the opposing team in PvP is to make sure you lose and they almost never care about you at all (and frequently take personal enjoyment from knowing you are not having a good time). Facing off against another thinking human being is the only thing tabletop D&D and MMO PvP have in common and it certainly is not enough to seriously compare the two.

Beyond that I have to agree with you that basing MMO's around gear collection rather than character growth has been a bad move in every MMO. We only keep gear temporarily (i.e. until we find something better to replace it with) and thus collecting it will always be a waste of time.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Facing off against another thinking human being is the only thing tabletop D&D and MMO PvP have in common and it certainly is not enough to seriously compare the two.
    Or, put another way, the DM and the players may be opponents, but they're still usually friends. In contrast, PvP brings out the worst in people (cf your great sig line).

The day this game starts emphasizing PvP is the day I really do quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Yeah the point is though, like I've said in the past I'm not the best player but I'm good/not bad.
    You play EE as your standard difficulty. You are on the top player list. Maybe not the 1%, but surely above the masses.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The biggest change from EN to EH is that in EH (and EE), orange names can't be insta-killed. Remove this blanket immunity and then ramp up the EH difficulty to be another 30-50% closer to EE and I'm on board.
    Not only that. Charms and stat damage works on EN like they do on Heroic.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    You play EE as your standard difficulty. You are on the top player list. Maybe not the 1%, but surely above the masses.
    If that's true it's pretty bad. While being disabled lets me play more than I really should, it also means that I have health issues that give me some fine motor coordination issues.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast