Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Seriously DDO would be so much better with just the epic normal and epic elite difficulties. Close epic hard. Try a weekend without epic hard and I think DDO would be better. Try closing epic hard for a week because it adds nothing. It gives some silly bonus which should not be and it is barely any more difficult then epic normal. Epic elite is actually somewhat difficult and gives a larger bonus then normal first time. Why does epic hard give a bonus - really why at all. Let's get this right. Make DDO just epic normal and epic elite and end this epic hard difficulty which does nothing for DDO.
    But why?

To save dev time? What's the purpose to remove something? Ehard streak is about the only thing soloist can 'depend' on with a semi-good build. I can't solo EE. But I like to progress in a somewhat okay pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This is correct for the overly geared vet. This is not correct for the under geared newbie.

Im still not sure why people continue to thread up about this symptom of the REAL ISSUE but still do not recognize the REAL ISSUE.

Elite was balanced for full synergizing destiny while normal and hard was balanced for non synergizing off destiny, or no destiny. The power gap between having and not having a destiny is a pretty clear explanation for why there is a larger difficulty gap between hard and elite.

The answer isn't making it harder for people in non synergizing destinies to get XP. The answer is allowing us to play in a synergizing destiny and gain so we enjoy playing at higher level.
    IMO, it's better to reserve casual and normal for off destinies, so that you have hard and elite left for your real destiny. Then the difficulties are spread much more evenly. At the moment epic hard is a cakewalk even without destinies...

But yea, as Charonous stated, there are many more problems, this is just a small one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    At the moment epic hard is a cakewalk even without destinies...
    Sorry that's just not true. At least not for all Quests. There are huge difficulty differences in all available quests.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

Default Norj can't agree with you here

I can only think of real life comparisons to the [lack of] logic of this proposal:

1. My guitar amp only has two settings, "elevator music" and "Metallica concert"

2. My shower has only two settings, "ice cold time for cryogenic sleep" and "scalding hot boiling steaming straight to burn unit"

3. My wife only has two moods, "ready for action" or "ready for argument"

4. My car has two gears, "full stop" or "full throttle"

5. My chess companion software has two settings, "IQ 110" and "god mode" as options for my opposing player

just a few I can think of.....
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    4. My car has two gears, "full stop" or "full throttle"
    There are more than that? /mind blown

I can only think of real life comparisons to the [lack of] logic of this proposal:

1. My guitar amp only has two settings, "elevator music" and "Metallica concert"
    Having seen Metallica twice in three years.. I think you want a different comparison. It was elevator music, with the bonus of hearing "baby" mentioned a few dozen times. Good ol' 80's Alcholoica. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    EE is an optional difficulty, it should be hard enough that noone beats it day one.
    Give this game a timer on SP pots and not just rezzing and you might actually see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I've done EEs. Many of them, on different toons. I do not find it fun. It's just inflated bags of hp dealing inflated amounts of damage. It's annoying, and the things you use in there is useless in the other 95% of the game. Thank you, but no. I do not want to be forced into playing annoying content just because you feel "everyone should be uber or go home". Sorry. Or not.
    While I agree there's a lot of stupidity in how EEs work . . . you really aren't bored running EH?

3. My wife only has two moods, "ready for action" or "ready for argument"

Sounds like my kind of woman but i like to reverse that ready for arguement then ready for action lol. peeooww peeooow!!!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    While I agree there's a lot of stupidity in how EEs work . . . you really aren't bored running EH?
    I'm in the same boat.... I find EE Tedious and repetitive to the extreme.

I'd much rather run three EH quests than one EE.

so thats what I do most of the time.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

So is there any difference between running en vs. eh for you? My guess is there is no difference.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

I'll run the EE 95% of the time. MoTU's been out a year, my EDs are more or less done, anything less than EE is boring as sin.

And not all EEs are created equal. Lords of Dust EE I swear is easier than Inspired Quarter Elite. EE doesn't really get ******** until High Road.

I completely understand if people don't like EE as it is a meta-gamey chunk of stupid, but what I don't understand is how people aren't bored on EH.

Seriously DDO would be so much better with just the epic normal and epic elite difficulties. Close epic hard. Try a weekend without epic hard and I think DDO would be better. Try closing epic hard for a week because it adds nothing. It gives some silly bonus which should not be and it is barely any more difficult then epic normal. Epic elite is actually somewhat difficult and gives a larger bonus then normal first time. Why does epic hard give a bonus - really why at all. Let's get this right. Make DDO just epic normal and epic elite and end this epic hard difficulty which does nothing for DDO.
    If you don't like EH don't run EH. I can't speak for others but for me I like having the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I don't think you've gone far enough Maddmatt, they should get rid of Epic Normal, Hard and Elite and just have "Epic Maddmatt", a difficulty perfectly tailored for you to always be "actually somewhat difficult". This new difficulty should work on a sliding scale to match whatever character you are currently playing. If you are in a party the difficulty should always be adjusted so that you are the greatest contributor and if a party tries to play without you in it they should fail at the end boss with the message "Should have played with Maddmatt". Turbine should also rebrand the game "DDO: Epic Maddmatt".

Either all of the above, or perhaps Turbine can recognise that not everyone is as Elite as Maddmatt and have a range of difficulties for us lesser mortals so we can enjoy the game in peace and grow our player skills, gear, destinies and characters at the pace that suits us best, unbeholden to the demands of the elite.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    my EDs are more or less done, I don't understand is how people aren't bored on EH.
    One thing relates to the other. Most ingame players arent in this boat, as u well know. They appreciate eh.

The question is, how to make ee more appealing to ppl like you. Simply inflating hp/dps/saves of the mobs doesnt cut it. Ideas like your sp pot timer are a good start imo. We need more of that, less of the im too good for eh

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    One thing relates to the other. Most ingame players arent in this boat, as u well know. They appreciate eh.
    IMnot-soHO . . . EH was always too easy and EE too stupid. By "too stupid" I don't mean too difficult, it's not particularly difficult once you move to certain types of builds, meta-game the heck out of things, and lose any aversion to cheesey tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    The question is, how to make ee more appealing to ppl like you. Simply inflating hp/dps/saves of the mobs doesnt cut it. Ideas like your sp pot timer are a good start imo. We need more of that, less of the im too good for eh
    It's a limitation of the game engine and I don't think they really can do much about it because the AI is too stupid.

The SP-pot timer has come up before and generally gets brought up every time an EE raid is beaten the first day by people chugging hundreds and in some cases thousands of SP pots. It'll never happen, too many whiners and too much money is made in the store for this to happen.

As a result of this Turbine has to "challenge" us in the dumbest way possible. This has always been "epic's" problem. If I had a good solution that actually could happen I'd propose it, I don't so I'll just stick to trolling.

Speaking of trolling . .. the OP's idea is just plain dumb, removing difficulty options is idiotic. CHANGING the options is possibly a good idea.

You want something fast and dirty . . . triple the XP on EE.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 09-30-2013 at 10:45 AM.

If there was no EH the people who run them would run EN or might even quit all together. The same people who play EE now would play
    EE if you removed EH. I dont see how it would change anything but limit choices. Also, people like to choose different difficulties when
    farming for seals, scrolls, and shards, not to mention ED xp. Sorry your EE groups don't fill but I don't see how this would help.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Community Member

I have evolved and decided that I am just going to play epic elite regardless.
    And thus Turbine should force everyone else to either do so also, or just admit they suck and step down to the droll EN experience as penance?

How is is it good from Turbine's perspective to limit player's options in this way? Basically I see this as just another misconceived idea from one who mistakes MMOs as competitions to see who can cut it and not for profit virtual entertainment venues. The game doesn't exist to filter out the lesser players, nor to make better players out of everybody.

You want to grow an Epic Elite community, run plenty of EE groups, never be a jerk, never be an elitist, accept regular failure, guide people rather than force them, stop others from abusing your party members when they have failed. Accept that not everyone wants to play as a self-sufficent toon, this was never in the spirit of D&D. Accept that some people will want a healer. Accept that some people will get upset if you tell them how they must build their character. Understand that many are not at your level and some never will be, often because they just don't want to be; respect their way of thinking even if it is different from yours, they help help to financially support the game too. Write a few guides, perhaps start an EE guild, be inclusive, be a leader second and a fellow player first.

Cast from your mind any thought that heralds you as either Epic or Elite while running Epic Elite content, you are merely competent at a single computer game, that is neither epic nor elite. Most important of all if you want to grow an Epic Elite community, make sure everyone in your party has fun, its why they play.
    This post is spot on. Rarely have I seen such truths written here.
    *claps*
    +1
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

You want to grow an Epic Elite community, run plenty of EE groups, never be a jerk, never be an elitist, accept regular failure, guide people rather than force them, stop others from abusing your party members when they have failed. Accept that not everyone wants to play as a self-sufficent toon, this was never in the spirit of D&D. Accept that some people will want a healer. Accept that some people will get upset if you tell them how they must build their character. Understand that many are not at your level and some never will be, often because they just don't want to be; respect their way of thinking even if it is different from yours, they help help to financially support the game too. Write a few guides, perhaps start an EE guild, be inclusive, be a leader second and a fellow player first.
    The bolded part . . . come on that's never gonna happen. Nobody heals any more and those few who try are so bad at it . . .

If people get upset when you tell them why their character is terrible then they need to grow a thicker skin and a bigger brain because apparently they weren't smart enough to figure out why their toon was terrible on their own.

Building good toons is easy in DDO:
    - Max you casting stats
    - Build for self-healing
    - All the good gear now is random so it don't matter
    - Don't build paladins

That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 09-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast