Default Negative Resistances possible?

*title* and does a negative resistance actually increase the damage you deal?

monks now have the possibility to reduce enemy fire resistance with henshai mystic core abilities, so technically it should be possible to get extra damage out of negative resistances...

anyone ever tested that?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The Savants all have elemental-vulnerability abilities; druids have a couple too, like Quench and Freezing Spray.

should be easy to test in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post

monks now have the possibility to reduce enemy fire resistance with henshai mystic core abilities, so technically it should be possible to get extra damage out of negative resistances...

anyone ever tested that?
    resistance is used to determine if your spell hits or not.

it should not effect the damage one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post

so you are telling me that when i have fire resistance of 10, then what? 10 spells wont hit me?

resistance reduces the incoming damage by that amount and has nothing to do if a spell hits or not

thats why i am curios if a negative resistance actually increases the damage cause from a mathematical point of view it should

so you are telling me that when i have fire resistance of 10, then what? 10 spells wont hit me?

resistance reduces the incoming damage by that amount and has nothing to do if a spell hits or not

thats why i am curios if a negative resistance actually increases the damage cause from a mathematical point of view it should
    no I was thinking it effected their spell resistance (saves) specifically to fire spells but, reading over the enhancements again it does look like it effects the damage deal by fire spells.

not sure if a negative resistance is possible

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post

They're talking about elemental resists, not spell resistance. Last I checked there was no damage spells that used spell resistance either.

anyone ever tested that?
    I'm curious about this myself.. but my guess is that these enhancements will only break elemental DR down to a minimum of 0 if a mob has resists, but won't add extra damage.

I don't have any characters that use any of these vulnerabilities, but I thought about including it on a new build. If anyone knows for certain, or tests it out.. let us know.