Default Game is easy after U19

I can remember when everybody did complain about enhancement pass will nerf their toons. After U19, i feel that game is easier.

Before U19 I often died in TofD (elite) at level 8-9. Now I can play this without death with PUG party at level 6. My build is (was) Sorc4/Bard2

The same feeling i have with my pure bard at level 19. More songs, and higher DPS.

What do you think?

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Ive noticed that i can make big improvements on many of my toons by making minor sacrifices, So yes, its gotten easier, as long as you use your brain a bit.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

I think that anyone who really wants a challenge can ensure that they get one.

And I think that most people really don't want a challenge -- they want to roll over the content so they feel like demigods.

Ahoj

So far the game has not changed for me. My ranger was kind of OP before U19 and still is after that, only a little bit less so the progress through the quests is slightly slower
    My monk, sorc, fvs are pretty much the same and so is my rogue trapmonkey - but I love the ability to find trapboxes without actually searching for them.

Going to try henshin next life, curious about that. Despite the 'needed' revamp lol.
    Cheers.

The Enhancement Pass made a lot more build combinations viable. Overall, I think now it's a little easier for sub-optimal/flavour builds, and a little harder for the uber-semi-exploit ones (which basically means "really" easy instead of "reeeally" easy).

For me, it seems the same as ever, except with more build variety now. The enhancements still seem a little "beta", and more nerfs are probably coming soon (along with all the related doom threads), but it was one of the best changes I've ever seen in the game.

And maybe it's my gimpness, but I still die in the most difficult quests (and even on some theoretically-not-that-difficult ones).

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I think that anyone who really wants a challenge can ensure that they get one.

And I think that most people really don't want a challenge -- they want to roll over the content so they feel like demigods.
    Well said.

Community Member

The game has gotten easier with nearly every update for years and got exponentially worse after u14. I still miss perma-blind.. but there is nothing we can do about it at this point. I disagree with the one who said there is still challenge if you look for it.. not really. The mechanics have changed too much. Maybe if they bring back xp loss on death, permanent/very long lasting debuffs, no scaling, etc.

They could add a hardcore mode to simulate the old style difficulty, I would sign up for that in a heartbeat. The problem is, as was mentioned, there may not be enough people who love the higher difficulties to warrant any dev time catering to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    I can remember when everybody did complain about enhancement pass will nerf their toons. After U19, i feel that game is easier.
    Rolled up three new toons sense U19. Game is actually harder thanks to itemization. Also, NPC's seem to have gotten stronger in a few quests. Not sure if it is WAI or something that NPC's were supposed to have but didn't thanks to another bug preventing them from being as strong as intended. Because Turbine doesn't release everything they do, there is no way to tell.

As far as enhancement pass, my toons that I expected to get nerfed did, the toons I expected to get better did, and the toons that stayed the same, none.

Before U19 I often died in TofD (elite) at level 8-9. Now I can play this without death with PUG party at level 6. My build is (was) Sorc4/Bard2
    Sorry don't recognize TofD acronym
    The only thing people regularly die to in Heroic are traps (because they scale horribly in Elite) and "large" group of casters in tight spaces (AoE + Lag). At least that has always been my experience in PUG Heroic Elite

The same feeling i have with my pure bard at level 19. More songs, and higher DPS.
    Never had trouble with my bard DPS wise pre-U19 but then again, was a WC and Hybrid. Even taking the Hybrid away: Toughness, PA, Cleave, G.Cleave, IC: Slash, and Extend (Or Empower Healing) w/Displacement, Rage, and Haste made Heroic content trivial pre-U19. I actually die now more often thanks to the Enhancement pass on my Bard even though in theory I should die less because I have more +damage items. But I think that is more to do with Heals now being tied to the Heal skill and I have not used the +20 Heart to correct this. Or found Healing Amp (red slot) or Heal Crit gear to replace what I lost during the enhancement pass.

What do you think?
    Still not a fan of it but it is here to stay Maybe they will fix the enhancements as time goes by.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    I disagree with the one who said there is still challenge if you look for it.. not really.
    Go to a server you've never played on before. Roll a new 28-point rogue and try soloing up to say, level 15, with no donations from friends or purchases from the DDO store.

Have fun in all the undead quests. Don't use a hire -- that ruins the challenge.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Go to a server you've never played on before. Roll a new 28-point rogue and try soloing up to say, level 15, with no donations from friends or purchases from the DDO store.

Have fun in all the undead quests. Don't use a hire -- that ruins the challenge.

Already doing this and it's part of the reason I'm sad the game is so easy.. I remember holds/stuns/flesh to stones being major problems before but now they last hardly any time at all? Not to mention scaling now makes soloing so much easier than running with pugs it's rather a joke. Soloing should never be the *preferred* method of playing. It should be a viable option but not clearly superior to grouping.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post

What do you think?
    I think it's time to stop min/maxing and make more well-rounded characters if you want a challenge.

unfortunately, you have to make your own challenge in this game or be a new player. pretty sad you have to resort to naked runs or play like you are in perma death. I wouldn't say the enhancement pass made questing easier. I find it just as easy as before really, but that's just me I suppose.

Community Member

Already doing this and it's part of the reason I'm sad the game is so easy.. I remember holds/stuns/flesh to stones being major problems before but now they last hardly any time at all? Not to mention scaling now makes soloing so much easier than running with pugs it's rather a joke. Soloing should never be the *preferred* method of playing. It should be a viable option but not clearly superior to grouping.
    You apparently know way too much about the game then. I do nothing but PUG and it is somewhat rare to not have at least one of the people in my group get themselves killed at some point (especially in the lower level quests where the newer players tend to be since they don't have the higher level packs). You are not dying because you know the game very well. New people still die all the time. The game is still challenging for those that don't have it memorized (and are not overdressed on easy builds).
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

Already doing this...
    As I described it? Highly doubtful.