Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    What's even worse is that of the few we do get these days, many of them are either useless or so specialized as to be close to useless.

First: all the fortification items that are well under 100%. If they don't stack -- and they don't -- they're useless for most people at the levels they tend to be found. Few are going to run Gianthold on elite with 40% fort.

Second: SO many items with elemental resistances. Useless for a huge percentage of people due to ship buffs, pots, spells, etc.

Third: False life items below 30. Not many people are going to use a false life +20 item at level 19, like the one in my inventory right now.

Fourth: Speed. Yes, it's nice that we can get striding in other places and also get alacrity with it. But the alacrity is so low as to be useless at high levels to anyone who cares about alacrity, since it seems to max out at 6%. Once again -- if it doesn't stack, it's going to waste.

Fifth: Ghostbane, about which many complaints have already been lodged. In addition to being too common, it's simply not that exciting at higher levels because it doesn't scale well.

And so on.

I actually find it amazing just how poorly thought out U19 turned out to be, in so many respects. These are all issues that could have easily been avoided.
    Not to mention, you have EPIC ****ING ELITE items with +4 enhancement bonuses on weapons, +10 stat and +9/19 (yeah, you read that right) random bonus, and ****ING Ethereal [(yeah, nobody cares about Ethereal-- would it have been too hard to make the Shadowsight Goggles have Ghostly or even Lesser Displacement (since the Devs seem so intent on making everything from older packs obsolete) on the EE version?)]

Everything about U19, and the entire way it has been handled from the lack of communication-- to the bugs --to the bug fixes that actually caused more bugs-- to the worst itemization the game has ever seen, has destroyed the game. It is not irreparable damage, but the longer Turbine takes to realize what a shoddy job they did and how NOT to make these same mistakes again, the more people they'll lose to attrition.
    Last edited by djl; 09-30-2013 at 12:56 AM.

As a result, I feel less and less encouraged to log in. Most days when I do log in, I sit on my boat wondering what to do. I ponder over TRing one of my guys, but why bother? I'd be soloing most of the way back to 20, which isn't fun, and I don't really gain anything out of TRing; I don't need the piddly past life bonuses to accomplish anything, and the longer I languish below cap the less my desire to play is. LFMs don't fill, there is no real reason to even run anything because the loot is so uninspiring, and dragging crappy PUGs through EE quests only to see them with their 7 kills pull something valuable is frustrating as heck. Watching TV seems more fun that subjecting myself to that.

U20 better contain more than just Epic TRs, or there are going to be serious repercussions. I know I am not the only one at a loss for what to do, and the more time elapses between now and the next update that adds something to the end of the game, the more diligently we are going to be looking for a different game -- a different place to spend our money. And the less likely we are to return when Turbine does eventually add new content at endgame.

Community Member

I hear you.

I still enjoy the game and like logging on and running stuff. At least, when I can find a group.

There's still lots to love about DDO, and I don't want to go to another game because I haven't found another that seems similar, and I don't want to spend hundreds of hours learning a whole new system and community.

But I do find myself increasingly having to look past things in the game rather than enjoying them. And given that we supposedly just had an 'expansion' that is a bit weird.

More than anything else, though, my business background just makes me scratch my head. Turbine seems to be deliberately destroying its own game, and I don't understand why.

Hell, I'd volunteer to help with testing out ideas and doing actual software testing. For free. Many others would too, many with a lot more experience in the game than me. The feedback is all waiting for them -- people who could tell them which of these new prefixes and suffixes they'd actually care about, for example. Why doesn't Turbine take advantage of these resources? It's baffling.

What's even worse is that of the few we do get these days, many of them are either useless or so specialized as to be close to useless.

First: all the fortification items that are well under 100%. If they don't stack -- and they don't -- they're useless for most people at the levels they tend to be found. Few are going to run Gianthold on elite with 40% fort.

Second: SO many items with elemental resistances. Useless for a huge percentage of people due to ship buffs, pots, spells, etc.

Third: False life items below 30. Not many people are going to use a false life +20 item at level 19, like the one in my inventory right now.

Fourth: Speed. Yes, it's nice that we can get striding in other places and also get alacrity with it. But the alacrity is so low as to be useless at high levels to anyone who cares about alacrity, since it seems to max out at 6%. Once again -- if it doesn't stack, it's going to waste.

Fifth: Ghostbane, about which many complaints have already been lodged. In addition to being too common, it's simply not that exciting at higher levels because it doesn't scale well.

And so on.

I actually find it amazing just how poorly thought out U19 turned out to be, in so many respects. These are all issues that could have easily been avoided.
    +1, absolutely agreed.

The named items was fun to grind out, it was a strategy.
    Buying specific packs first was also an interesting strategy I enjoyed.
    But now? Lol, just put on trash items and go.
    There is no rare thing anymore (false life +30 hp, Toughness +20, fort 100%, resistance +6, deadly +6, accuracy +6, luck +1, luck +2, even 30% striding and some alacrity, etc. - all easily available = most of your named loot (including raid loot) are the same or a lot worse than trash loot)

It's just boring, it was a terrible idea.
    Last edited by TheRobai; 09-30-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

And sixth, all other "banes", often much more useful ones, are gone.

I used to spend a lot of time looking for Greater Bane weapons with synergistic prefixes. THAT was anything but boring. Flaming Burst warhammer of Greater Giant Bane was perfect for mid-game trolls and for Reaver's Refuge. Acid mace of Greater Giant Bane was my melee weapon of choice in Sleeping Dust because it did almost no damage to spiders. Night's Grasp longbow of Greater Aberration Bane -- my ranger's go-to in all Xoriat quests. Etc.

Two days ago my newly minted level 20 went into Epic Gianthold, and very first thing she ran into was "Grim Turn of Events" which I somehow never heard of before. Was unprepared, and white dragon killed her. After this I actually considered crafting Flaming Burst longbow of Greater Dragon Bane, but when I realized GDB shard requires a Flawless Siberys Dragonshard, I decided it is not worth the expense.

Basically, all interesting weapon combinations are gone -- and ironically, most of them dated from way back!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

I have no idea why the devs went from +8 stats being the max straight to +11... And +5/+6 natural armor/protection/resistance going straight to +9/+10.

They really went insane with the power-creep, and destroyed the usefulness of a ton of older named gear. Plenty of powergamers would have been perfectly happy grinding for a couple of months just for +9 rare named gear (and the rest of us could have stayed happy with our +8s), but instead they went straight to 11... ("Why not make 10 louder?","This one goes to 11")

Doesn't mean the game is no fun anymore, but it was a pretty poor move on their part... They now need to add in some +11 named gear (with extra stuff), or some +12 named gear to give the end-game crowd something to grind for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    /signed

The only thing less fun than poor XP quests and repeating the same quests over and over is having the exact same loot show up in the chests from level 1 to 28. Shock of Ghostbane weapons stopped being a novelty after the 4th pull at level 2...now it's just getting me POed.
    How about "retributive" of "*block"
    Been playing off and on since Beta
    currently: taking a break from DDO (on Thelanis)

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I completely agree. The loot is boring, and everything is the same. And all bonuses on all slots.

We need all the old affixes back, ASAP.

And some of the clothing/jewelry is just silly. EE named item size of bonuses on random loot, at much lower levels.

The U19 item pass desperately needs to be actually finished and balanced. Which it should have been before release...

EDIT: And yes, with everything being called the same it's now impossible to search for the item you want.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I have no idea why the devs went from +8 stats being the max straight to +11... And +5/+6 natural armor/protection/resistance going straight to +9/+10.

They really went insane with the power-creep, and destroyed the usefulness of a ton of older named gear. Plenty of powergamers would have been perfectly happy grinding for a couple of months just for +9 rare named gear (and the rest of us could have stayed happy with our +8s), but instead they went straight to 11... ("Why not make 10 louder?","This one goes to 11")

Doesn't mean the game is no fun anymore, but it was a pretty poor move on their part... They now need to add in some +11 named gear (with extra stuff), or some +12 named gear to give the end-game crowd something to grind for.
    They need to start allowing coms to drop in all epic raids, then allow us to upgrade the stat values on old raid gear to modern stat values. In one fell swoop the raid scene would be rejuvinated. People who farmed for claw sets, DQ gear, and chrono sets would be able to upgrade their +6/+7 stats to +10/+11 with coms, and every single epic raid would get run regularly again.

Community Member

Hell, I'd volunteer to help with testing out ideas and doing actual software testing. For free. Many others would too, many with a lot more experience in the game than me. The feedback is all waiting for them -- people who could tell them which of these new prefixes and suffixes they'd actually care about, for example. Why doesn't Turbine take advantage of these resources? It's baffling.
    I don't think the problem is with testing. You can't spit in the game without finding a bug. The problem is developer resources to fix the bugs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    They need to start allowing coms to drop in all epic raids, then allow us to upgrade the stat values on old raid gear to modern stat values. In one fell swoop the raid scene would be rejuvinated. People who farmed for claw sets, DQ gear, and chrono sets would be able to upgrade their +6/+7 stats to +10/+11 with coms, and every single epic raid would get run regularly again.
    That sounds sensible, would solve a number of different problems, and would take relatively little development effort.

Which means it will never happen. :/

Brendael: Only they really know what's going on over there. But the coding effort required to resolve at least some of these issues is likely measurable in minutes.

Default Loot just reminds me of this

Main toons: IronThatcher (Tank), Mehhh (DC Wiz)
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!

The game is just a big bore right now.

Better loot would help, this current crop is dreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This - it would be a boon to existing raids without wasting too much dev time on development. And it would go perfectly in hand with the new ETR system since people are bound to need a few old epic items for the early 20's.

Community Member

I wish I could upvote this thread.. spot on. The itemization and money grabbing from this expansion has left a sour taste in my mouth and continues to ruin my experiences I've had over my 7ish years here I refuse to touch epic content and just TR now, it's only a matter of time until that runs it's course and I'm bored to death with it and quit.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Default Too Easy

It's so easy to /sign this, it isnt even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Hawkeye Summed it up perfectly.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Hawkeye Summed it up perfectly.
    Indeed! I'm a M*A*S*H fan from way back but haven't watched any episodes in years and knew the entire scene just from the still on the Youtube video. Absolutely perfect.

Should have titled this "We want something else!" and put the video in my first post with no text. Everyone would have figured it out quickly enough.

Community Member

/signed - Groundhog day just aint that fun anymore.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Current lootgen is terrible.

Where is:

Convalescent?

Where are all the fancy old weapon prefix/suffix like Mangling, Mauling, Dynamo, Rebel... I don't remember all of em, but there was a lot.

/SJIGHNED
    KASHIL -- KASHILAH -- MATTAH -- MAHGANE -- KHYBER -- ANNIHILATION
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast