Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default +1 Retributive Cursed Boredom of Funbane

Rice and beans, beans and rice, chest after chest.

Please bring back the many loot prefixes that have gone missing. Removing them because "they were being reworked" is like a friend of mine who used to quit his current job and only then start looking for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post

Please bring back the many loot prefixes that have gone missing. Removing them because "they were being reworked" is like a friend of mine who used to quit his current job and only then start looking for a new one.
    /signed

But since the devs are hesitant to poo poo on any of their new unfinished pet projects, I'm sure they just assume they are in the right and hundreds of players must be wrong. The new loot gen pass is not ready. It should have been saved until all the affixes were ready to go. Releasing it as is looks sloppy. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship right now. All my friends are telling me to get out, but I insist that I love her, even though she insists on doing completely irrational self destructive things at every turn.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

/signed

The only thing less fun than poor XP quests and repeating the same quests over and over is having the exact same loot show up in the chests from level 1 to 28. Shock of Ghostbane weapons stopped being a novelty after the 4th pull at level 2...now it's just getting me POed.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    /signed
    I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship right now. All my friends are telling me to get out, but I insist that I love her, even though she insists on doing completely irrational self destructive things at every turn.
    Could not have said it better myself.

The problem is, so many of us have fallen into the "sunk cost" trap: we feel that because we invested years (and hundreds or thousands of hours) into this game, we can't just "let go" and find something else. The walls are crumbling around the foundation of this game, each patch fixes a few things and breaks many more than were fixed. The devs make questionable decision after questionable decision, and many people have begun to wonder if they really are doing it all purposefully, trying to drive away players.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    /signed

The only thing less fun than poor XP quests and repeating the same quests over and over is having the exact same loot show up in the chests from level 1 to 28. Shock of Ghostbane weapons stopped being a novelty after the 4th pull at level 2...now it's just getting me POed.
    Ghost bane I like because, undead bane and ghost touch just work so well together.

Deadly I like well because, its just deadly.

Masterful and wondrous craftsmanship is sweet.

the rest of the loot is mediocre at best.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    Ghost bane I like because, undead bane and ghost touch just work so well together.
    That's fine if you like it. But pulling the same items every chest is "redunk". As I said, I pulled at least 4 Shock of Ghostbane weapons by level 2. I quit counting after that, but I'm sure I've hit triple digits since the changes when it comes to that single combination.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    Ghost bane worked even better with Disruption. That's impossible now, since Ghostbane replaced Ghost Touch, and its a suffix where Ghost Touch was a prefix...

Community Member

I'm with you. The new loot system is absolutely brain dead. It really is a bad sign when you just can't muster any enthusiasm about the loot in a frikking role playing game.

You know what's better than ghostbane? Equipping a ghostly item for the defense and then keep hitting all those mobs with your 3xPos or your disruption weapon. Starting level 9 with the tempest spine cloak

I wonder if they removed all the prefixes from the random loot so that the eveningstar challenge weapons would appear better? lols

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I wonder if they removed all the prefixes from the random loot so that the eveningstar challenge weapons would appear better? lols
    Haha, they did fix it so that the collectables were BtA during this update.

/Conspiracy theory on

I'm sure any unintended "buffing" effect which increases the effectiveness of Eveningstar challenge items or Cannith crafted items due to the garbage nature of the new loot gen system is completely unintended. Expect nerfs to all systems shortly to compensate.

/end sarcasm
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

i agree, opening chests and end rewards are boring me to death... i did loot one of the updatre 18 items... an axe of the weaponmaster.. i was amazed...
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Ghost bane worked even better with Disruption. That's impossible now, since Ghostbane replaced Ghost Touch, and its a suffix where Ghost Touch was a prefix...
    your right about that.

I don't use Ghostbane anyway I just equip a ghost touch item like ethereal bracers when needed really.

I do agree a lot of the older MOTU stuff was better

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

The Roman Numerals are not included in the description. Why?

Community Member

What's even worse is that of the few we do get these days, many of them are either useless or so specialized as to be close to useless.

First: all the fortification items that are well under 100%. If they don't stack -- and they don't -- they're useless for most people at the levels they tend to be found. Few are going to run Gianthold on elite with 40% fort.

Second: SO many items with elemental resistances. Useless for a huge percentage of people due to ship buffs, pots, spells, etc.

Third: False life items below 30. Not many people are going to use a false life +20 item at level 19, like the one in my inventory right now.

Fourth: Speed. Yes, it's nice that we can get striding in other places and also get alacrity with it. But the alacrity is so low as to be useless at high levels to anyone who cares about alacrity, since it seems to max out at 6%. Once again -- if it doesn't stack, it's going to waste.

Fifth: Ghostbane, about which many complaints have already been lodged. In addition to being too common, it's simply not that exciting at higher levels because it doesn't scale well.

And so on.

I actually find it amazing just how poorly thought out U19 turned out to be, in so many respects. These are all issues that could have easily been avoided.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 09-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

It keeps greansteal worth while and keeps the power creep at bay.
    What needs to happen is this: Feathers new loot tables combined with the old loot table, But does not surpass greensteal.

Greensteal must always be better. The shroud is the best thing to happen to this game and this game would not be still alive if THE SHROUD never existed.

Greensteal must always be a factor in discussions such as this. If greensteal ever becomes worthless then the game fails. That is the hole this game dug for itself, but it is a good hole.

Community Member

First: all the fortification items that are well under 100%. If they don't stack -- and they don't -- they're useless for most people at the levels they tend to be found. Few are going to run Gianthold on elite with 40% fort.

Second: SO many items with elemental resistances. Useless for a huge percentage of people due to ship buffs, pots, spells, etc.
    I have to agree with these two items more than even the horribly repetitive Ghostbane.

Not only does the new non-stacking Fortification replace a system that wasn't broken of Light/Moderate/Heavy, but the new lesser than 100 Fort unnecessarily clutters up the loot tables. Again, the system wasn't broken and there was no need to dilute the tables both in lower levels and higher levels with 10% to 90% Fort.

Almost as annoying as the Fort is the Elemental resists. The thing that irrates me more than anything else with the elemental resists (and the absorption to some degree) is that it's usually taking up one of two slots on already dull randomly generated armor. If the elemental resist was an extra that didn't take up one of the slots, it would be fine. If the elemental resist consisted of all elements, it would be fine but I'd still say it's a wasted slot 99% of the time on Armor.

Community Member

/signed
    Cause Turbine needs to quit fixing what ain't broke, and start fixin what is broke.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

More and more the only things I fish out of a chest is just plat.

Hey at least they've fixed it so you can now recharge GS cells with these weapons now. Also not being able to get many vanilla skills items makes crafting quite useful again. Bummer about the metal type and slots adding to the level though.

I miss Feathrs prefixes and suffixes. They were really interesting. It made it interesting seeing what a weapon had.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    /signed

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship right now. All my friends are telling me to get out, but I insist that I love her, even though she insists on doing completely irrational self destructive things at every turn.
    +1 on that sentiment
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast