Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 100
  1. #41
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Also, you need to stop telling people you can solo 1-20 so easy and there is no challenge, because the only way that is true is if you intentionally avoid the challenging quests.

    Go figure: the guy who chose the easiest path also is advocating exploitation of bugs.

    Also, color me SHOCKED that you are complaining about casters are OP, but then comment how you are playing a Palemaster.

    STOP HARASSING EVERY POSTER ON THE FORUMS AND TELLING THEM TO LEAVE. WHAT ARE YOU, A PAID TROLL FOR BLIZZARD?
    Okay. Name hard quests for me to get next life. *Note. In the Flesh and Running w/ the Devils are already on the list. Might grab tempest spine as well. Will see how the self hjealz are faring.

    I don't advocate it - nor do I use it. I'm just over seeing people whine about it.

    Yes! I know! It's got amazing DC's too. Have a look! I'm hitting 73 DC stun. Throw on blitz, great times will be had. The only downside.. the self healing. Only 30-40 every 2 seconds. I'm better off with cocoon+heal scrolls, which is what I'll be doing next life once I hit level 20. Don't you look silly now? Because, as I specified, it was a palemaster monk. As in a wraith punching things to death.

    Stop harrassing me. It's hurtful.
    Oh, seeming you're sick of WoW.. Go play runescape. (Also paid by Jagex apparently)
    ...And I haven't told Teh_Troll to leave. He's got style. So.. not everyone.

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    If somebody will complain about an ED exploit, fine. But to say "The game is not fun" makes me think they're better off elsewhere. Also, if people are basing a collective off a single player, there's something wrong with it.

    If people leave DDO for a game they like, that's good, correct? (Also, rage-posting like that sorc a while back damages the community. Them vanishing does less harm)

    Of course they do!

    ...It's just been complained about so many times that it's now a boring topic. Can't really /popcorn it now.
    1. They aren't saying the game isn't fun, you are being dense (intentionally?). They are saying that this exploit is making it no challenge, thereby reducing their fun.

    2. No, them leaving is bad. Venting on the forums might help them get over it and have fun again. Encourage and guide them or shut up, please. Your stance is SO naive that I can only guess that you are either a child (11-12yo?), or you are intentionally acting stupid.

    3. People that /popcorn threads typically just want to watch. People that /popcorn threads and participate are called TROLLS. If it is a boring topic/message, THEN DON'T READ IT, IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR YOU. STOP HARASSING EVERYONE YOU DISAGREE WITH.

  3. #43
    Community Member XiaNYdE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    361

    Default

    lol if you don't like it don't join the party, if it's your party, then ask them not to use twists or kick them, failing that take your bat and ball and go home :P

    What are you OP 5?? "play my way or i am not playing and i will tell my mum" :/
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Yes, yes you are. *gives cookie*
    Make sure to also report Divines using blade barrier. Also be wary of monkchers and anything with cleave. If in doubt, report them. The mods will sort it out.
    This is what I mean... you are encouraging more trolling. Fricken stop it.

    There is no comparison between using a fireball or blade barrier on a caster and using boulder throw at level 1 on a fighter.

    One is WaI, the other is an exploit. You know this.

    One was designed to increase in power as you level, and is only available at certain levels, and requires feats to reach max potential... etc.

    The other is meant to allow abilities that transcend class/level limitations in EPIC content.

    There is no way you are so stupid you can't get this.

  5. #45
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Please casters stop ruining my challenge!! Youre too OP and need a nerf. My fun is gone when you one shot mobs from lv5-20.

    I cant deal.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 09-29-2013 at 09:06 AM.

  6. #46
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    1. They aren't saying the game isn't fun, you are being dense (intentionally?). They are saying that this exploit is making it no challenge, thereby reducing their fun.

    2. No, them leaving is bad. Venting on the forums might help them get over it and have fun again. Encourage and guide them or shut up, please. Your stance is SO naive that I can only guess that you are either a child (11-12yo?), or you are intentionally acting stupid.

    3. People that /popcorn threads typically just want to watch. People that /popcorn threads and participate are called TROLLS. If it is a boring topic/message, THEN DON'T READ IT, IT'S OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR YOU. STOP HARASSING EVERYONE YOU DISAGREE WITH.
    I'm very hurt. You're harassing me and insulting me.

    1) Where's the challenge?

    2) Ouch, the insults have started! Where should I guide them? Expecting people to play by your rules is absurd. Person A enjoys using twists - person B doesn't. Both can't be satisfied, can they - unless they solo. (But person B struggles, thus it's not an option.)

    3) I know, it's sad.. As I said, I can't /popcorn. Getting my hands dirty is weird. However, it may be a satirical post, in which case reading will prove great fun. How can I know beforehand?

    Stop harassing me because you disagree with what I say. After all, that's all I'm doing. You, good sir, are me... with some caps rage. And caps rage just looks silly, trust me.

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    This is what I mean... you are encouraging more trolling. Fricken stop it.

    There is no comparison between using a fireball or blade barrier on a caster and using boulder throw at level 1 on a fighter.
    You're right. One works once every 20 seconds. The other works until the world ends.

    One was designed to increase in power as you level, and is only available at certain levels, and requires feats to reach max potential... etc.

    The other is meant to allow abilities that transcend class/level limitations in EPIC content.
    The former is more powerful, versatile and game breaking than the latter. What does that tell you?
    There is no way you are so stupid you can't get this.
    Even more harassing insults! I'm offended. Apologies, please?

  7. #47
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I bet I am not wrong. Rules don't stop pain being inflicted upon us, do they? That PM/divine light/deathward bug was completely within the rules.
    No, but they exist to try as to many of us lack the common sense to do so on our own. To many of us only slow down in school zones because if we don't we might get a ticket, not because it's freaken stupid not to. By the same token, to many of us are to freaken stupid not to slow down when the see a group of children that aren't in a school zone, as an example.

    That people were still using those effects despite knowing they hurt PMs, simply because they were to freaken stupid not to without a rule to tell them they shouldn't is the really sad thing here.

  8. #48
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    lol if you don't like it don't join the party, if it's your party, then ask them not to use twists or kick them, failing that take your bat and ball and go home :P

    What are you OP 5?? "play my way or i am not playing and i will tell my mum" :/
    Still you dont understand. Using ED in H is clasified as exploit. That means - unfair technique, swindle, fraud. All others examples such overpowered casters and clerics BB are WAI atm, i cannot report them as cheating, i can report it as bug (I also posted bug ticket about ED to remind this issue to the devs. And i going to repost this until they fix it)

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

  9. #49
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Okay. Name hard quests for me to get next life. *Note. In the Flesh and Running w/ the Devils are already on the list. Might grab tempest spine as well. Will see how the self hjealz are faring.

    I don't advocate it - nor do I use it. I'm just over seeing people whine about it.

    Yes! I know! It's got amazing DC's too. Have a look! I'm hitting 73 DC stun. Throw on blitz, great times will be had. The only downside.. the self healing. Only 30-40 every 2 seconds. I'm better off with cocoon+heal scrolls, which is what I'll be doing next life once I hit level 20. Don't you look silly now? Because, as I specified, it was a palemaster monk. As in a wraith punching things to death.

    Stop harrassing me. It's hurtful.
    Oh, seeming you're sick of WoW.. Go play runescape. (Also paid by Jagex apparently)
    ...And I haven't told Teh_Troll to leave. He's got style. So.. not everyone.
    This entire post just reeks that you really have no clue about the game and are just full of it and want to sound important. I really need to name for you the quests that have some challenge to them? I think you do not know them. I think you do not know them because you haven't played them. I think you haven't played them because you zerged through the easiest and highest xp/min quests on all your lives, and now you think you beat the game. I think that your impression of EE being hard is based on mob HP and saves, not on actual quest difficulty. I think you don't do optionals. I think you don't craft. I think you avoid wilderness areas. I think you might even spend a lot of time in the harbor, maybe showing off to the new kids?

    I don't care what your build is. I would rather party with practically anyone that had a better attitude. Because it's a game.

    The fact that you like Teh_Troll speaks volumes about your character. I could easily say he is the one forum poster that most consistently shows a negative attitude. I personally think it is in the best interest of the game to give both of you forum perma-bans.

  10. #50
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    This entire post just reeks that you really have no clue about the game and are just full of it and want to sound important. I really need to name for you the quests that have some challenge to them? I think you do not know them. I think you do not know them because you haven't played them. I think you haven't played them because you zerged through the easiest and highest xp/min quests on all your lives, and now you think you beat the game. I think that your impression of EE being hard is based on mob HP and saves, not on actual quest difficulty. I think you don't do optionals. I think you don't craft. I think you avoid wilderness areas. I think you might even spend a lot of time in the harbor, maybe showing off to the new kids?
    I don't know what's hard, no. Go on, tell me, O' Wise One. Seeming I run most quests every life, what am I skipping? And if you say acute delirium, I'm going to burst out laughing - just to say.
    Optionals? Depends what mood I'm in. This life I've cleared the entirety of every map, simply for the hell of it.
    Wilderness areas? First time through, I got every explorer. Some rares just won't come up, sadly enough.
    Crafting? Not really. I can get named loot that surpasses it, aside from a specialized weapon. Only places I use a specialized weapon? On a specific boss. And there aren't many bosses worth a care in heroics.
    I don't care what your build is. I would rather party with practically anyone that had a better attitude. Because it's a game.
    Then don't bring up me being a palemaster, yet finding casters overpowered. You cannot bring up my toon, declare it invalidates my argument (that casters are OP), then dismiss it when you're wrong. Go on, admit you look silly.

    The fact that you like Teh_Troll speaks volumes about your character. I could easily say he is the one forum poster that most consistently shows a negative attitude. I personally think it is in the best interest of the game to give both of you forum perma-bans.
    What's so bad about him? He seems like quite a nice guy, aside from the Hjealz Meh nonsense.

    I personally think it's the in best interests of the game for you to be banned with us. You abusing me.. imagine if that pushed me over the edge and I killed myself. Wouldn't be the first time I've tried.
    You're a danger to society!
    And you started, and are engaging in, a flame war. (Although, war implies two sides. I haven't insulted you.)

  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I'm very hurt. You're harassing me and insulting me.

    1) Where's the challenge?

    2) Ouch, the insults have started! Where should I guide them? Expecting people to play by your rules is absurd. Person A enjoys using twists - person B doesn't. Both can't be satisfied, can they - unless they solo. (But person B struggles, thus it's not an option.)

    3) I know, it's sad.. As I said, I can't /popcorn. Getting my hands dirty is weird. However, it may be a satirical post, in which case reading will prove great fun. How can I know beforehand?

    Stop harassing me because you disagree with what I say. After all, that's all I'm doing. You, good sir, are me... with some caps rage. And caps rage just looks silly, trust me.


    You're right. One works once every 20 seconds. The other works until the world ends.


    The former is more powerful, versatile and game breaking than the latter. What does that tell you?

    Even more harassing insults! I'm offended. Apologies, please?
    1. You really do not know, do you? I find that HILARIOUS.

    2. You should guide them to fun, wherever they may find it. You having to ask says a lot about you. BTW, person A: IS EXPLOITING thereby making their needs/wants irrelevant.

    3. Intentional bait I will not take, but more about your true character is revealed.

    Nice try with the multiple accusations of harassment, maybe it will even work and get the thread locked. I am sure that will be the angle you work now that I have called you on your behavior.

    And for your last point, it doesn't even make sense. Spells require significant amounts of SP (so can run out) along with class levels, feats, and skill point/AP investment to use/maximize. ED's require ZERO investment, and have no level/feat/class limitations. It's like you are ignoring this on purpose to make your point.

  12. #52
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's your choice. using a known bug to make it easier for your journey still doesn't make it right. using EDs in groups with players that don't want to use them takes the fun away for others. some of us still like the journey. why would you not care about others wanting to have fun? if people want to use a known bug in groups than they should either ask the group if its ok or don't use them or run with other people who enjoy using bugs to their advantage.
    Yes, I love the philosophy being shown in this thread. They know it's against the rules and are being told it ruins the fun of others. But the response is that those others should just put up with it as both the rule and what they consider to be fun are wrong.

  13. #53
    Community Member Soulfurnace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    1. You really do not know, do you? I find that HILARIOUS.

    2. You should guide them to fun, wherever they may find it. You having to ask says a lot about you. BTW, person A: IS EXPLOITING thereby making their needs/wants irrelevant.

    3. Intentional bait I will not take, but more about your true character is revealed.

    Nice try with the multiple accusations of harassment, maybe it will even work and get the thread locked. I am sure that will be the angle you work now that I have called you on your behavior.

    And for your last point, it doesn't even make sense. Spells require significant amounts of SP (so can run out) along with class levels, feats, and skill point/AP investment to use/maximize. ED's require ZERO investment, and have no level/feat/class limitations. It's like you are ignoring this on purpose to make your point.
    Nope. I'm sure I've run your "Hard" quests and don't care. So enlighten me, else I'll decide it's a lie.

    I try to guide people to fun - channel/friends/guild. There are no guarantees in a pug, that's a given. Needs are never irrelevant. They're basic human rights, though I'm sure I'm trolling for pointing it out. Their wants? They pay for the game. Until recently, with no confirmation as to WAI, how were we meant to know?

    Why not? I take your intentional bait. Be a sport!

    It's also true. You are insulting me.

    It makes complete sense. Primal scream - 5 uses a rest. 400 dmg/use (give or take). 2k net dmg per rest, in 5 bursts. Fireball. 250 dmg/cast. 50 sp (meta'd with enhancements). 2k sp. 40 casts. 10k dmg. Yeah, casters do need nerfing
    However, a finger of death in IQ? Let's say 60 sp for a kill. It'd take too long with twists, so they're useless.
    But what can a melee do? Against 3k hp , doing, say, 200/hit.. 15 hits? 15 seconds?

    Completely fair!

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    To follow rule A and ignore rule B?
    If you're picking and choosing what rules to follow, you're doing it wrong.
    No, It's not about following rules so much as if breaking rule B harms someone in some way you should very well expect them to turn you in for it even if they break rule A on a regular basis. This whole thread isn't about the sanctity of rules, it's about someone getting ****ed off enough to report others for breaking a specific rule while grouped with them.

    Here's the thing, I J walk from time to time, but that in no way will prevent me from turning someone in who is shooting a gun in my general direction and refuses when I ask them to stop. If it does for you, then I would have to say you are the one doing it wrong.

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    I don't know what's hard, no. Go on, tell me, O' Wise One. Seeming I run most quests every life, what am I skipping? And if you say acute delirium, I'm going to burst out laughing - just to say.
    Optionals? Depends what mood I'm in. This life I've cleared the entirety of every map, simply for the hell of it.
    Wilderness areas? First time through, I got every explorer. Some rares just won't come up, sadly enough.
    Crafting? Not really. I can get named loot that surpasses it, aside from a specialized weapon. Only places I use a specialized weapon? On a specific boss. And there aren't many bosses worth a care in heroics.
    Then don't bring up me being a palemaster, yet finding casters overpowered. You cannot bring up my toon, declare it invalidates my argument (that casters are OP), then dismiss it when you're wrong. Go on, admit you look silly.

    What's so bad about him? He seems like quite a nice guy, aside from the Hjealz Meh nonsense.

    I personally think it's the in best interests of the game for you to be banned with us. You abusing me.. imagine if that pushed me over the edge and I killed myself. Wouldn't be the first time I've tried.
    You're a danger to society!
    And you started, and are engaging in, a flame war. (Although, war implies two sides. I haven't insulted you.)
    If you do everything in your power to trivialize every challenge a quest can throw at you, does that mean the quest isn't challenging?

    Do I really need to explain to you that elite traps at-level are deadly for the evasionless and trap-unskilled?
    Do I really need to explain to you that elite elemental damage at-level is deadly for the small guilded/guildless?
    Do I really need to explain to you that not everyone has 3+ past lives and uber twink gear?
    Do I really need to explain that not everyone wants to play a self-healing rogue splash soloist?
    Do you really expect anyone to believe you aren't talking out your rectum when you say things like "this life, I cleared the entirety of every map for the hell of it"?
    Do you really think that I wanted to invalidate you argument, and not simply show people the source, so they could consider it?
    Do you really think that your argument was ever valid to begin with (you are encouraging exploitation)?
    Do you really think that telling people you are suicidal is helping anything?
    Do I really need to explain to you how "You" are not "society"?

    Please, just take a step back, a few deep breaths, maybe some time off from DDO to get your head straight.
    If any of what you say is true, then at the very least you spend far too much time on DDO and far too little time in real life.

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    If you do everything in your power to trivialize every challenge a quest can throw at you, does that mean the quest isn't challenging?

    Do I really need to explain to you that elite traps at-level are deadly for the evasionless and trap-unskilled?
    Do I really need to explain to you that elite elemental damage at-level is deadly for the small guilded/guildless?
    Do I really need to explain to you that not everyone has 3+ past lives and uber twink gear?
    Do I really need to explain that not everyone wants to play a self-healing rogue splash soloist?
    Do you really expect anyone to believe you aren't talking out your rectum when you say things like "this life, I cleared the entirety of every map for the hell of it"?
    Do you really think that I wanted to invalidate you argument, and not simply show people the source, so they could consider it?
    Do you really think that your argument was ever valid to begin with (you are encouraging exploitation)?
    Do you really think that telling people you are suicidal is helping anything?
    Do I really need to explain to you how "You" are not "society"?

    Please, just take a step back, a few deep breaths, maybe some time off from DDO to get your head straight.
    If any of what you say is true, then at the very least you spend far too much time on DDO and far too little time in real life.
    Unfortunately this is what most ddo players do. They invest tons of time/effort, and most likely a considerable amount of money, to speed through lives and get the best at level gear set they possibly can. Then proceed to whine ever after.

    At the end of the day however you're wasting your time. You're arguing with people that literally can't grasp the overall concept and never will. It's like being upset after multiple failed attempts at teaching a dog quantum physics.

  17. #57
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Do you really think that your argument was ever valid to begin with (you are encouraging exploitation)?
    Do it early and often, as the aphorism says.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Yes, I love the philosophy being shown in this thread. They know it's against the rules and are being told it ruins the fun of others. But the response is that those others should just put up with it as both the rule and what they consider to be fun are wrong.
    I this see not as a philosophical argument, but rather one of ethics.

    Those who knowingly exploit the bug generally justify their actions by pointing out that it has existed since EDs were introduced and, as Turbine has done nothing other state it's not WAI, fear no repercussions for invoking such powers. Underlying this behavior is a mostly unspoken reason; namely frustration at Turbine's product decisions which they feel, rightly or wrongly, have somehow undermined their ability to enjoy the game. This circumstance leads to a desire for "payback" as retribution for a perceived loss of control. That their choices may interfere with another's gaming enjoyment is not a consideration, though some do display a tad of indirect empathy by summarily dismissing such arguments without further discussion.

    Ethically their actions are bankrupt, but understandable from a certain point of view if one considers they do not spend any time reflecting upon their choices.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

  19. #59
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sebastianosmith View Post
    I this see not as a philosophical argument, but rather one of ethics.

    Those who knowingly exploit the bug generally justify their actions by pointing out that it has existed since EDs were introduced and, as Turbine has done nothing other state it's not WAI, fear no repercussions for invoking such powers. Underlying this behavior is a mostly unspoken reason; namely frustration at Turbine's product decisions which they feel, rightly or wrongly, have somehow undermined their ability to enjoy the game. This circumstance leads to a desire for "payback" as retribution for a perceived loss of control. That their choices may interfere with another's gaming enjoyment is not a consideration, though some do display a tad of indirect empathy by summarily dismissing such arguments without further discussion.

    Ethically their actions are bankrupt, but understandable from a certain point of view if one considers they do not spend any time reflecting upon their choices.
    You're over thinking, I'm a narcissist when it comes to this, I just plain flat out don't care about you one way or the other, your fun and happiness mean nothing to me.

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    You're over thinking, I'm a narcissist when it comes to this, I just plain flat out don't care about you one way or the other, your fun and happiness mean nothing to me.
    Come now. You aren't that two-dimensional. Brusque perhaps, but not totally without empathy.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload