Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Because for you, heroics are wandering.

For us, they're that boring path we tread so often. We know every little detail. We stopped caring about that journey a while back.
    and what is great on Epic? I found that only MotU is worth to play and maybe Epic GH. I did not find.any fun at lvl 25 (before U19) and i only focused to grind tokens for Heart.

What to do on high levels? Repeat the same four raids ( which are worth to play) into madness? there is no advance and many good quests left on heoric levels (because they don't have epic version)

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Because for you, heroics are wandering.

For us, they're that boring path we tread so often. We know every little detail. We stopped caring about that journey a while back.
    that's your choice. using a known bug to make it easier for your journey still doesn't make it right. using EDs in groups with players that don't want to use them takes the fun away for others. some of us still like the journey. why would you not care about others wanting to have fun? if people want to use a known bug in groups than they should either ask the group if its ok or don't use them or run with other people who enjoy using bugs to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post
    you got that wrong

they dont need it, it just makes it even faster

its kinda the same in reallife:
    i dont need a car to get to university, but its alot faster that way
    This analogy doesn't really hold water. As using EDs while in Heroic levels is officially not WAI, to make this comparison accurate one would need to be operating a vehicle without sanction which, in the real world, can and does lead to varying degrees of punishment.

Aside from not grouping with or reporting those who take advantage of this exploit, there's not much anyone who disagrees with the practice can do until the problem is either resolved or made part of the game by fiat.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    and what is great on Epic? I found that only MotU is worth to play and maybe Epic GH. I did not find.any fun at lvl 25 (before U19) and i only focused to grind tokens for Heart.

What to do on high levels? Repeat the same four raids ( which are worth to play) into madness? there is no advance and many good quests left on heoric levels (because they don't have epic version)
    EE gives me some challenge. Nothing else in DDO does. Maybe that's why.

What's to do on heroic levels? Repeat the same 2-3 dozen quests until cap, farm eNorm DA, do it again? Even though it's easy? Fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's your choice. using a known bug to make it easier for your journey still doesn't make it right. using EDs in groups with players that don't want to use them takes the fun away for others. some of us still like the journey. why would you not care about others wanting to have fun? if people want to use a known bug in groups than they should either ask the group if its ok or don't use them or run with other people who enjoy using bugs to their advantage.
    For the nth+1 time, I do not, nor have I, used this bug.
    There's fun for some people, great! There's none for me either way. I don't care if someone using twists joins my groups. If I had an issue with that, I'd also declines casters - they're even more powerful. Deny that, I dare you.

Why would you not care about me (if I did use this bug)? I want to get heroics done faster. Why should I spend more time at heroics to make you happier?

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Because the whole discussion is going to boil down to "I don't want to play the way you want to play, I want you to play the way I want to play", with the added irony of calling out someone for "just wanting everyone to play the way you want to play".

EE gives me some challenge. Nothing else in DDO does. Maybe that's why.

What's to do on heroic levels? Repeat the same 2-3 dozen quests until cap, farm eNorm DA, do it again? Even though it's easy? Fun times.
    This is your way to play and probably there is your problem why you cannot enjoy this.

Why would you not care about me (if I did use this bug)? I want to get heroics done faster. Why should I spend more time at heroics to make you happier?
    I said in OP, for everyone using this bug, just dont open LFM or use description.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    This is your way to play and probably there is your problem why you cannot enjoy this.
    So, because I play EE I should go through heroics nice and slowly, lest I annoy you?
    Do you have an issue with casters zerging off to the boss and soloing the quest, while you sit around the start buffing?

I said in OP, for everyone using this bug, just dont open LFM or use description.
    Yet most people don't care in my experience! Not once in any group I've been in has someone complained if another player uses twists. People actually don't care.

If you expect people to play how you wish, within rules which nobody respects... I think you should avoid pugs.
    I cannot name a single person who didn't abuse the recall/search/disable glitch which let you do any of the above instantly. (Also worked for levers, torches and other things.)
    Speaking to a few people in pugs, their logic is simple; abuse early, abuse hard. (Why? Because of how Turbine runs the game.)

Community Member

It would be nice if people exploiting this bug would at least mark their party (if they are party eleaders and make pl) with "cakewalk" or "ed exploit tags"
    and when joining party would ask if everyone is fine.

that primal scream sure kills the what little challenge there was. it is just walking with it.. atleast without it i need to hit once or twice.

For the nth+1 time, I do not, nor have I, used this bug.
    There's fun for some people, great! There's none for me either way. I don't care if someone using twists joins my groups. If I had an issue with that, I'd also declines casters - they're even more powerful. Deny that, I dare you.

I'm just saying that some people don't care about other peoples fun. Using a bug doesn't qualify as having fun and shouldn't be allowed. Rationalizing for why its OK to be allowed still doesn't make it right.

I'll take that challenge about casters. It actually depends on the player. I've played with good ones and some bad ones. The ones in my groups have to work for their kills and that's with actually playing the game as intended with no bug advantage.

Ooh oooh oooh

Is this the new clerics don't heal drama thread?

Shouldn't be and exploit because it has no power increase compared to an arcane at any level.

Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Is this the new clerics don't heal drama thread?

Shouldn't be and exploit because it has no power increase compared to an arcane at any level.

Drama
    I thought so too! But apparently not.

Level 1 -> primal scream. Hah! (But yes, you're right. I even stated that arcanes... and even divines... are more powerful than twists)

Yes, drama. It's what keeps me coming back to these deplorable forums.

I thought so too! But apparently not.

Level 1 -> primal scream. Hah! (But yes, you're right. I even stated that arcanes... and even divines... are more powerful than twists)

Yes, drama. It's what keeps me coming back to these deplorable forums.
    Primal Scream was only example and only one evidence to prove that player using ED's (this appears in explore window). I don't know, which powerfull twist he used to kill the "crowds" of monsters.

Community Member

1) Please do not make another thread about it. We have enough.

2) If the game's not fun, go play WoW or something.

3) I could report you for typing That's against the rules.

So, uh.. Yeah, practise what you preach, eh?
    So I have asked you once already, but I will ask you again, NICELY.

PLEASE, stop telling people to quit and go play WoW.

You make the whole community look bad when you do it.

Nothing good comes of it, and it's rude.

They have just as much right to come to the forums and complain as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You make the whole community look bad when you do it.
    If somebody will complain about an ED exploit, fine. But to say "The game is not fun" makes me think they're better off elsewhere. Also, if people are basing a collective off a single player, there's something wrong with it.
    Nothing good comes of it, and it's rude.
    If people leave DDO for a game they like, that's good, correct? (Also, rage-posting like that sorc a while back damages the community. Them vanishing does less harm)
    They have just as much right to come to the forums and complain as you do.
    Of course they do!

...It's just been complained about so many times that it's now a boring topic. Can't really /popcorn it now.

I see you are on Thelanis. If it all possible please stay away from Legion groups, or groups that have a Flabby name in them. I would hate to be reported to the UN or NSA for saying damn or Hell over voice chat.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

I typically do not twist much (or anything, in many lives) in heroic levels because I feel it makes the game boring. When I do, it's generally passives (more spell points, +1 ki regen, etc), and I completely understand the frustration many people might feel when an otherwise gimp character is using twists as crutches at heroic levels to do quests he/she otherwise wouldn't be able to handle.

That being said, it isn't WAI, and for the time being, it would be fantastic if the OP (as well as others) could just live with it for now and let people play the game however they want to play it.
    The people who don't need crutches will still have the last laugh once it's fixed sometime down the road.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

Community Member

So, uh.. As I said. Don't break rules, then complain about other people breaking rules.
    Why not? They are two different rules, so really isn't even hypocritical.

Community Member

I'm going to report all casters I see fireballing mobs and one shoting them. This takes the fun and challenge away from the game! if you are a caster dont post in the lfm or description!

AmIDoingItRite?

Community Member

-snip-
    There's fun for some people, great! There's none for me either way.
    -snip-
    If you aren't having fun, perhaps you need to explore that instead of encouraging taking away the fun of others to make you feel less miserable and alone.

Also, you need to stop telling people you can solo 1-20 so easy and there is no challenge, because the only way that is true is if you intentionally avoid the challenging quests.

Go figure: the guy who chose the easiest path also is advocating exploitation of bugs.

Also, color me SHOCKED that you are complaining about casters are OP, but then comment how you are playing a Palemaster.

STOP HARASSING EVERY POSTER ON THE FORUMS AND TELLING THEM TO LEAVE. WHAT ARE YOU, A PAID TROLL FOR BLIZZARD?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    I'm going to report all casters I see fireballing mobs and one shoting them. This takes the fun and challenge away from the game! if you are a caster dont post in the lfm or description!

AmIDoingItRite?
    Yes, yes you are. *gives cookie*
    Make sure to also report Divines using blade barrier. Also be wary of monkchers and anything with cleave. If in doubt, report them. The mods will sort it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    Why not? They are two different rules, so really isn't even hypocritical.
    To follow rule A and ignore rule B?
    If you're picking and choosing what rules to follow, you're doing it wrong. (Having said that, it's what religion does, and religion flourishes...)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast