Default can we have a bar of chain actions?

in many different online games i have played there was the option of not only dragging action to an action bar like ddo has,but also a "chain bar" which was a toggle bar that had 3-5 slots for actions to be put into. then that can be dragged to the action bar or mapped to a key. when you hit that key the whole chain would be used one after the other where actions that were still on count down were skipped.
    i know that with the new clickies in enhancements there are just to many things to hit at the same time. and the keyboard is all so limited. the main reason i don't play a caster is you need like 6-9 bars open at all times.you cant see the game and need to have 15 more fingers. now this has come to the melee fighters as well.
    and i think a lot of casters would also like the idea of not hitting each buff by itself. or chain spells they use.
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Quote Originally Posted by masterzzan View Post
    in many different online games i have played there was the option of not only dragging action to an action bar like ddo has,but also a "chain bar" which was a toggle bar that had 3-5 slots for actions to be put into. then that can be dragged to the action bar or mapped to a key. when you hit that key the whole chain would be used one after the other where actions that were still on count down were skipped.
    i know that with the new clickies in enhancements there are just to many things to hit at the same time. and the keyboard is all so limited. the main reason i don't play a caster is you need like 6-9 bars open at all times.you cant see the game and need to have 15 more fingers. now this has come to the melee fighters as well.
    and i think a lot of casters would also like the idea of not hitting each buff by itself. or chain spells they use.
    Not a solution- But how I deal with it.

MOST of my chars keep 10 bars open at all times. I keep 8 along the bottom, arranged in 2 rows of 4 on top of themselves, and then I keep 2 side by side along the right side of my screen. I have 0 visibility issues. Of course this can depend on your resolution, but I dont exactly have a large monitor so it shouldnt be a huge issue for *most* people.

I also have a LOT of things bound to keys all within easy reach of my left hand. Besides just having 1-2-3-4-etc, I have shift + those keys, then I have ctrl + those keys, and the same goes for numerous letters on my keyboard. IE q for a self heal, shift+q for a bigger self heal, ctrl+Q for my biggest heal "OMG IM IN TROUBLE" self heal, etc. This layout has worked beautifully, for me, for all my characters- Including my spell casters. Ive had to add a few with all the new clickes we get with the new enhancement system, but it hasnt been a big deal for me personally. Just a work around for now I thought might be useful

Community Member

I can see the utility of this suggestion in some cases...but I wonder how many actions the average player will actually chain together, always in the same sequence, and how often you'd actually use the chains. Buffing yes, but that's only once per rest - recasting buffs is never going to be always the same order. Your special attacks are still going to be used independently, depending on the situation - you never just want to chain your specials off blindly.

Plus, this is something you can accomplish this easily with AHK - which, of course, is a workaround and not a solution, but you could have this functionality in-game right now if you really wanted it.

macro bars and options promote horrible play.

/not signed.

I'm not really sure how it would fit into the play style here. I understand macros in a game like Rift in which various abilities relied on others for synergistic actions. But aside from buffs, I can't really see the point here.

Do you have an example of how you'd use a macro in DDO?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

i have at most 5 bars and use a mouse pointer. i have 0 issues with it, but im not opposed to simplifying things and more screen space.

There are options available to players outside the game ranging from keyboards, mouse and game pad solutions to make things more accessible.