Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drus-the-Axe View Post

BTW the Quarterly report shows traffic is equal or up from a quarter ago.
    Would love to see a Yearly and multi-Year report. Closest thing outside of Turbine themselves (who don't share such data) to the health of the game. Peaks and valleys should correspond to update releases as well as seasonal.
    Irrelevant. Population is interesting, but money is the key. Most ppl i know are spending more on the game than they used to. I dunno if that trend is true across the population, but neither does anybody else on here

Is the player base is spending more than the cost of developing the new content? Nobody knows

And thats the point. Speculating is a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    Irrelevant. Population is interesting, but money is the key. Most ppl i know are spending more on the game than they used to. I dunno if that trend is true across the population, but neither does anybody else on here

Is the player base is spending more than the cost of developing the new content? Nobody knows

I wondered something similar about everyone yelling about exploiters. Why have there not been mass banning’s? Is it not traceable or is it that Turbine would take a hit if they had to ban some of their highest paying customers?

I am not advocating cheating, but this really makes me wonder. Maybe they do not want another Maban event on their hands or just possibly they compromise cheating for profits. I am not calling out Turbine staff on this as I know WB is breathing down their necks to reach that quarterly quota or they will shut it down.

Again, speculation but it does make me wonder.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I wondered something similar about everyone yelling about exploiters. Why have there not been mass banning’s? Is it not traceable or is it that Turbine would take a hit if they had to ban some of their highest paying customers?

I am not advocating cheating, but this really makes me wonder. Maybe they do not want another Maban event on their hands or just possibly they compromise cheating for profits. I am not calling out Turbine staff on this as I know WB is breathing down their necks to reach that quarterly quota or they will shut it down.

exploits now on sale 3995 tp

hmmmm I hope marketing doesn't read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post

They don't have the staffing to properly track cheating, except in blatantly obvious cases like the morons who raised a guild from 40-100 in a single day.

Also, as wide-spread as cheating is, they would decimate their player base if they were to actually ban all the people who have exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    They don't have the staffing to properly track cheating, except in blatantly obvious cases like the morons who raised a guild from 40-100 in a single day.

Also, as wide-spread as cheating is, they would decimate their player base if they were to actually ban all the people who have exploited.
    Did you mean devastate? Because it's likely a higher % than decimation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Did you mean devastate? Because it's likely a higher % than decimation.
    lol @ latin joke
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Would make a great addition to the ottos box

Population is absolutely relevant. Big spenders dont log into ghost towns. They move on.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post

They showed us their hand on this in 2009 right before f2p released, when the release date was pushed back an entire month right after a major issue was fixed that many were using. Ill give you three guesses and the first two dont count as to how long the enforced vacations were.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    lol @ latin joke
    Intelligimus te dicere - ridere clara voce @ Latine ioco
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

hmmmm I hope marketing doesn't read this.
    But they DO see it as feedback for what players actually want. We asked for timer reductions for a long time, and now they are for sale. They got to see how many people took advantage of it in 2007 when there was a way to circumvent timers.

Community Member

Default Stop playing with it, you'll go blind

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    But I don't think the game is "dying"...yet. A dying game is when players leave, with no plans to ever come back. In the case of DDO there are a lot of players out there, who have indeed stopped playing, but are always watching, looking and hoping that Turbine finally gets it. Turbine still has the ability to hit one out of the park and draw back in those players who are currently on the sidelines.
    Yeah, this exactly.

My whole guild is "on the sideline" now, playing other games. But at least once every week or two somebody asks "What about DDO, have they stopped thrashing around on the rules and settled into bug fixes and content?" and the answer invariably is "No, they're still changing stuff willy-nilly, why, want to go back?" "Nah, not 'til they get their house in order".

Seriously, Turbine, McDonalds didn't sell more burgers than there are visible stars by changing the recipe of the special sauce every 2 weeks! None of those rules were so "broken" that they cost you more players than your constant changes have.
    I'm only an occasional player since ShadowFell, please forgive me if I'm not up to speed on anything that's changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    "all is fine," nothing to see here.
    You can only cry wolf so many times before people start to ignore you.

You guys have called "DOOOOOOMMM" for 7 years straight. Sooner or later, you may be right. You may even be right this time, but no one at Turbine will ever make changes based on any of these DOOOOOOOOM threads, because they come up every single month, after every single change, and you all have lost all credibility.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    17 for me is always the most painful. I can only run LItany so many times before I poke out my eyes.
    So run something else. It's almost like you guys are retarded.

"Doctor, it hurts when I hit my head with this hammer!"

"Stop hitting yourself with a hammer."
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

its an MMO and its in flux. The enhancements was a good thing that bought them some time. Not having end game is a low point right now, but players will be back and others wont leave because there are still different builds/classes to play.

They are addressing things but its taking them forever.. What i think will keep the ppl playing is 'awaiting' that things will come along.. There's always going to be something in the future to look forward to. A raid is coming, and hopefully more raids and a real end game at 30.. It might take a few ages to get there but there is a direction and a promise..

I think players can wait.. People have waited half their lives for Diablo 3, people will wait for DDO..

It's not perfect but its not terrible either.

The one thing that made me stop playing was 3rd Life EXP though. I think reincarnation is a great feature in a game. 3rd Life TR and curve, nope. They are promising to address this with a better curve.. Which again is taking forever, but then its there..

Honestly, many ways to address this issue, but thats another topic..

End game raiding.. i don't think that majority in DDO's population care that much about it.. Maybe in the forums, but i bet a lot of ppl can currently live without it. Of course it is preferred, and i hope that DDO will epicify all of their raids, and put many more, and buff up loot.. Would be nice to hear announcements regarding that..

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Population is absolutely relevant. Big spenders dont log into ghost towns. They move on.
    The point was, current population compared to previous years-past population is irrelevant due to ddo having adopted a different business model and the market being different in general

But yes, you're right. The game needs to have a population. And if your house is on fire, you should probably leave

If u read the forums for any game, new or old, big or small, u find these threads. If u read any games forums, its dying

I think "this game is dying because i dont feel like playing" is silly. Most ppl burn out on games and move on. Its natural, especially in this era of many options and most being f2p.
    Exactly. You play a game for FIVE THOUSAND hours, and it's going to get boring. It doesn't mean the game sucks. It means you've played it out. It happens. Take a break and come back later.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    So run something else. It's almost like you guys are retarded.

"Doctor, it hurts when I hit my head with this hammer!"

"Stop hitting yourself with a hammer."
    Actually i like the new XP Ransack and its a step in the right direction imo for addressing 3rd life TR issue.
    Litany sucks to run, but there are other quests now. I am stuck at 18 atm and am currently doing a healthy rotation of about 10 quests that i can repeat 3x that give close to the xp that Litany gives.. I found it a big difference in not losing my mind running 10 quests rather than just Litany..

That's when I take a DDO break
    Me too... I'll definitely take a week or two off for GTA-V

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    Actually i like the new XP Ransack and its a step in the right direction imo for addressing 3rd life TR issue.
    Litany sucks to run, but there are other quests now. I am stuck at 18 atm and am currently doing a healthy rotation of about 10 quests that i can repeat 3x that give close to the xp that Litany gives.. I found it a big difference in not losing my mind running 10 quests rather than just Litany..
    Me too... I think the new XP ransack is a great positive change for the game... No need to worry about "saving" quests any more for optimal xp. I used to wait until level 18 to run Vale, but if I'm 16 or 17, and I see a good group forming, I jump on it.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast