Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Yes, but ESO even more so.

Long term DDO players can step right into ESO and not miss a beat in how to play the game.
    Im actually looking forward to ESO, but I dont have my hopes up seeing how swtor flopped badly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Exactly. "Yawn"... I just got back from the lake, and checked out the forums for a quick second before heading to bed.

You guys are really really boring.
    Sure the doom is exaggerated, but I don't think the larger issues can be so easily dismissed. There's a lot of distance between "dead" and "healthy", and right now DDO is starting to look more like a nursing home resident than a marathon runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Im actually looking forward to ESO, but I dont have my hopes up seeing how swtor flopped badly.
    I think part of it was (for swtor) and is (for eos) putting the graphics up to such a level that it cuts out a large section of the population from playing and thus a large section of customers making the mmo eventually fail. If you look back to Wow which has arguably been one of the biggest mmo successes in history, when it first came out 3 year old or so base model computers could play it. I really doubt that will be the case with eso and I think it is going to contribute to eso's eventual failure.

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    Largely because I'm tired of the same old quests. I'd like more quests and new ones.....Getting from 18-20 is far too frustrating and takes too long on a third life. Unless they make some changes, I might be gone.
    With the last two updates, they have given us 17 additional quests in the 15-20 range. High Road quests now have Herioc Lvls, Storm Horn, Wheloon have heroic lvls and of course the Disciples of Shar pack. My guess is we will see even more in this range with the next couple of updates. That 18-20 slog should be much easier than just before the expansion.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    With the last two updates, they have given us 17 additional quests in the 15-20 range. High Road quests now have Herioc Lvls, Storm Horn, Wheloon have heroic lvls and of course the Disciples of Shar pack. My guess is we will see even more in this range with the next couple of updates. That 18-20 slog should be much easier than just before the expansion.
    And the XP curve is being redone with U20 last we heard.

I think the people who complain most about the 18 to 20 haven't really sussed out an optimal path for themselves, they're probably doing quests too soon or not able to maintain an elite streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

I think the people who complain most about the 18 to 20 haven't really sussed out an optimal path for themselves, they're probably doing quests too soon or not able to maintain an elite streak.
    I'll admit, I usually abandon my elite streak around lvl 18 or so. I still got through 18-20 this last go around fairly quickly on only a hard streak. The new quests made all the difference in the world, and I didn't even get out to Amrath this time (Other than a few slayers/rares to finish off the last 30K to 20).

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Sure the doom is exaggerated, but I don't think the larger issues can be so easily dismissed. There's a lot of distance between "dead" and "healthy", and right now DDO is starting to look more like a nursing home resident than a marathon runner.
    "all is fine," nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post

17 for me is always the most painful. I can only run LItany so many times before I poke out my eyes.

Last life on my pseudo main, I hit 20 and I hadn't even run all the vale quests.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    17 for me is always the most painful. I can only run LItany so many times before I poke out my eyes.

Last life on my pseudo main, I hit 20 and I hadn't even run all the vale quests.
    Litany has the same effect on me. There are some quests that I can happily farm to death and really don't mind it, but some reason Litany is one of the few quests that has decent xp/min but just grates on my nerves after the first two runs.

If u read the forums for any game, new or old, big or small, u find these threads. If u read any games forums, its dying

I think "this game is dying because i dont feel like playing" is silly. Most ppl burn out on games and move on. Its natural, especially in this era of many options and most being f2p.

Its also silly to say its dying because the server populations are lower. Ddo and the whole mmo market are changing, evolving. With so many games out there right now its just not going to have the server populations it had a couple years ago. It only makes sense.

Endgame is far from perfect but its a work in progress. If u hang in there, judge it when it complete.

I dont think the game is perfect. Theres plenty i dont agree with but nobody knows if its dying except beancounters at turbine. If the game is profitable and it fits their business model, its healthy.

You guys really wanna know why it's been slower than normal the past two weeks?

GTA 5.

I'm serious. Game sells $800 million in the first night, it's gonna affect EVERY long-running game until people have played through this.

Doesn't mean DDO doesn't have issues to address, but I seriously think the temporary hit from GTA 5 is why things are as slow as they are right now.

Big piece of boredom for me now is getting my mooks all up to 28 so if I TR them I'll get the ETR benefits as well. End-game is dead but in the past when end-game was in a lul TRing was the thing to do, with ETR on the horizon on the grind to 28 being painful I don't want to waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

GTA 5.

I'm serious. Game sells $800 million in the first night, it's gonna affect EVERY long-running game until people have played through this.

Doesn't mean DDO doesn't have issues to address, but I seriously think the temporary hit from GTA 5 is why things are as slow as they are right now.

Big piece of boredom for me now is getting my mooks all up to 28 so if I TR them I'll get the ETR benefits as well. End-game is dead but in the past when end-game was in a lul TRing was the thing to do, with ETR on the horizon on the grind to 28 being painful I don't want to waste it.
    I can see that.

GTA 5.

Wait till its out for pc too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    This would be a horrible idea, any graphics increase will require an increase in system speed and that will lock out some current customers and lose more players. I don't get the whole oooh shiny graphics thing anyways, some of the best games ever made were still nes and snes.

Well the game needs to be updated. The graphics are choppy sometimes and there is too much lag. It is having trouble competing with smoother running games. My friends that are hardcore DnD PnP that would love this game only played it briefly with me cause they were turned off to all the problems it has with slow downs and choppiness. There are better running games out there. I stayed for the combat and the free to play/start cause I don't like the initial investment of other games for me and the family not knowing if we are going to stick with it. DDO pioneered the free to play market that is out there today.

Dual core computers are cheap. As long as they write the game for laptops with integrated video cards that are 2+ years old it should be fine. You can get a old spec laptop new for under $400. The game needs to be smoother.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Well the game needs to be updated. The graphics are choppy sometimes and there is too much lag. It is having trouble competing with smoother running games. My friends that are hardcore DnD PnP that would love this game only played it briefly with me cause they were turned off to all the problems it has with slow downs and choppiness. There are better running games out there. I stayed for the combat and the free to play/start cause I don't like the initial investment of other games for me and the family not knowing if we are going to stick with it. DDO pioneered the free to play market that is out there today.

Dual core computers are cheap. As long as they write the game for laptops with integrated video cards that are 2+ years old it should be fine. You can get a old spec laptop new for under $400. The game needs to be smoother.
    Smoother and less lag isn't what people usually mean with the update the engine portion though, they mean make the graphics shiny, fixing lag etc can be done with no increase in processing power. I agree with you about the laptops, however a laptop bought in those timeframes plays swtor badly and probably won't play eso at all which is something that will hurt both those games significantly imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Wait till its out for pc too.
    That's when I take a DDO break

Community Member

GTA 5.

GTA5 online rolls out this month.

A lot of games will be hurting a while over this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    i dunno... guild wars 2 is promising new content EVERY 2 WEEKS,thats something,never played GW or GW2,but that alone is making me give it a whirl.
    That game is bloooooooody awful.. I've played more entertaining quarter arcade games.

I've only been playing to keep me until the Terraria update.. DDO has lost all luster with the money grabbing and lack of viable content. A 2.50 game has more substance than DDO now.. excuse me while I go mine rocks for 100+ hours. AT LEAST IT GIVES ME A SENSE OF PROGRESSION.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    That game is bloooooooody awful.. I've played more entertaining quarter arcade games.

I've only been playing to keep me until the Terraria update.. DDO has lost all luster with the money grabbing and lack of viable content. A 2.50 game has more substance than DDO now.. excuse me while I go mine rocks for 100+ hours. AT LEAST IT GIVES ME A SENSE OF PROGRESSION.
    I can understand you feeling that way if all you're doing is hunting (I presume) orichalcum nodes... I'd have shot myself long ago if I had done that

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    We don't need to know how many people play Elf Fighters or WF Clerics or Halfling Barbs!
    Actually...

After the traffic report, that's one of the things I _am_ interested in. Toons by level, race and class.

I have zero interest in the guild information, but I realize others have different tastes.

BTW the Quarterly report shows traffic is equal or up from a quarter ago.
    Would love to see a Yearly and multi-Year report. Closest thing outside of Turbine themselves (who don't share such data) to the health of the game. Peaks and valleys should correspond to update releases as well as seasonal.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast