Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I used to do the same as OP: Check LFM, check guildies, check AH, log off.

Now I don't even do that anymore, after about 3500 hours used and 4 years played... I've stopped playing it completely. The killer was U19. Now that:

1. I don't have really a good build anymore to play with (THANKS FOR RUINING TANKS AND FORCING TO TAKE HEAL SKILL WITH HEALERS),
    2. no endgame to run in and no enthusiasm to TR and level up my characters and
    3. No players to LFM the less played quests or mid-high levels (most notably lvl 9-15 and 18-19)

I have no desire to log in. OP has a point: There is no endgame anymore as there are pretty much nothing to run, especially if Turbine raises cap to 30. Although I think the game is dead before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    2 months ago it was slow because it was summer and now it's slow because schools back?

Asah killed the ah and the new loot changes killed the asah.

An expansion was released less than 2 months ago, and no one plays level cap because there is nothing to aspire to run.

As for the perma 30 cap, that means any real improvement would be 2 years away, the game is going to be getting down to close some servers status in 6 months if things don't do a 180.
    I agree with this the new expansion is a complete failure, well I like the new enhancements but op random loot just killed the game a little and most of my guildies are not logging in anymore.

I did warn Turbine that releasing no raids would cripple the game.

lfm´s are down channels are down but Turbine give me a 180 pls because I love this game.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post

Asah killed the ah and the new loot changes killed the asah.
    I do believe this is a problem. The shard auction was (in my opinion) the worst thing ever done to the game. Now with the new random loot, there is very little reason to grind out the epic sword of shadows I have been trying to get for 4+ years.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJgrubb / Gijo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Losing steam? How about LOST steam/ compression/ drive...

I have been playing ESO Beta, and the developers at Turbine should take notice. That game will be the death of DDO if dramatic and far reaching steps aren't taken to keep up with Bethesda.

I invited a few players from ESO that never played DDO to watch as I logged into 3 of my main toons. When I got to me Human S&B and they saw the broken animation, and asked about the status of a fix, I told them the truth, "it's been this way all year, and not one word on the forums about a fix". They also commented on why would they want to play a game that has major flaws that aren't being addressed. I was embarrassed and had no answer.

As nice as the graphics are in Faerun, the lack of the creativeness in almost all of the quests leaves most players staying in Eberron content.
    The new enhancement pass made "true builds" obsolete.

I was excited about epic GH and finally taking on "The Truthful One" for all of one night. Another 1 or 2 room raid that is full of exploits and glitches and hearing about people being able to solo most of that content made the whole epic revisit ho-hum and boring. (I HOPE they don't do that to the Vale.)

I was a yearly subscriber, now? Not going to happen.

Real shame when the best sword & sorcery mmo rpg shoots itself in the foot, just as WotC did with D&D.

IMO the only thing that can save this game is DDO V2.0 with a new "engine".
    I can't tell if you're joking. Bug wise, Bethesda is the worst gaming company in history. An MMO developed by Bethesda will make DDO look bug-free. That hardly seems like something that would spell the end to DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    I have 4 legend characters (around 30 lives on them) on constant TRing, but saturday I took my time and went to the Storm Horns... I was wandering there for like 2 hours, it was stunning, just to explore the mountains was a blast for me, I really enjoyed it. Some plays for loot, I play for fun!
    LOL . . . keeping you busy for 2 hours does not equal replay value.

I got about a week out of this "expansion," after that was a big bucket of meh.

Community Member

I've listened to doom and gloom since I started playing, but the sheer quantity and quality of horrible decisions that have come since U19 has been truly breathtaking. It's kind of staggering just how much they've managed to set back the game with what was supposed to be an "expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I can't tell if you're joking. Bug wise, Bethesda is the worst gaming company in history. An MMO developed by Bethesda will make DDO look bug-free. That hardly seems like something that would spell the end to DDO.

I have been in closed beta for a while, and almost no bugs. For things that are completed anyway.

ALL games will have bugs.

My statement stands.

Total character customization, less ui & button smashing, and if you're into crafting ESO has that and then some.

NOTHING will ever replace the team that gave us all of the content up to SoS. And challenged your mind. There is no end-game, or creativity here anymore. Period. Sorry dev's, that's the way it is.

From what experience ive had on these forums, the game has been doomed and about to close in the next few months ever since i joined it.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    From what experience ive had on these forums, the game has been doomed and about to close in the next few months ever since i joined it.
    And we've been right the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    And we've been right the entire time.
    Good to know, ive written a program that will give me all your stuff when it goes down.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

I have been in closed beta for a while, and almost no bugs. For things that are completed anyway.

ALL games will have bugs.

My statement stands.

Total character customization, less ui & button smashing, and if you're into crafting ESO has that and then some.

NOTHING will ever replace the team that gave us all of the content up to SoS. And challenged your mind. There is no end-game, or creativity here anymore. Period. Sorry dev's, that's the way it is.
    Fool me once.... I remember people saying the same thing about Neverwinter, even though we all knew the developer and all knew it would be a crapfest. Neverwinter comes, all the "this game is so awesome in beta" happened to be full of it and the game flopped. Developers do not change. Every game Bethesda releases is full of gamebreaking bugs. Some never get fixed, and it's up to the mod community to fix them, and other get fixed EVENTUALLY through patches. The difference between Elders Scrolls and Fallout vs an MMO, is that they also have to release new content in an MMO that will break even more stuff and limit actual bug fixes (sound familiar?).

One of you are going to have to actualy not be blowing smoke about betas. One of you are going to have to actualy not be blowing smoke about game company's with a certain reputation. One of you are going to have to actually be right about the "end of DDO" before I believe any of you. Seen this all before. Many many times.

Community Member

The only reason I'm really playing now is that I want a toon in the mid-teens to fill up a gap in my Mabar equipment. I wanted to run my Drow bard but they broke the Drow enhancement tree (Half the enhancements become unusable after you log off and back in.)

Servers are quiet and I'm not going to spend money on the game again until they start taking QA a bit more seriously so I'm not going to buy the expansion. I also hate what they have done to the random loot gen tables.

I guess after a-year-and-a-half the honeymoon is over. After Mabar I'll probably take a few months off myself. (Not that anyone cares but it feels good to say it out aloud.)

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    i dunno... guild wars 2 is promising new content EVERY 2 WEEKS,thats something,never played GW or GW2,but that alone is making me give it a whirl.
    GWII is an amazing game, Seriously, you can cap level and still only see 10% of the game, it is VAST, in an amazing way as well, and then there is just.. just.. really.. SO MUCH of a game in GWII. I kid you not I bought the game and for 4 months I was spending 50 hour weeks playing it (While working a job) it was just sooo amazingly addictive, I had to stop playing, which is why I am back in DDO.

DDO is.. nice... for a game, I knew what I was returning to.. sorta.. I mean..

The game I am looking forward to is Warhammer40K Eternal Crusade due out in 2015,.

Fool me once.... I remember people saying the same thing about Neverwinter, even though we all knew the developer and all knew it would be a crapfest.
    Oh come on, did any of really believe that Neverwinter wasn't going to be a train wreck waiting to happen?

I admit, I played it to see how bad it really was, and.. yah.. it's bad... LOL.

Community Member

Fool me once.... I remember people saying the same thing about Neverwinter, even though we all knew the developer and all knew it would be a crapfest. Neverwinter comes, all the "this game is so awesome in beta" happened to be full of it and the game flopped. Developers do not change. Every game Bethesda releases is full of gamebreaking bugs. Some never get fixed, and it's up to the mod community to fix them, and other get fixed EVENTUALLY through patches. The difference between Elders Scrolls and Fallout vs an MMO, is that they also have to release new content in an MMO that will break even more stuff and limit actual bug fixes (sound familiar?).

One of you are going to have to actualy not be blowing smoke about betas. One of you are going to have to actualy not be blowing smoke about game company's with a certain reputation. One of you are going to have to actually be right about the "end of DDO" before I believe any of you. Seen this all before. Many many times.
    not saying its gonna be bug-free,or "the end" of ddo, but i accept the bugs in bethesdas games due to the quality and quantity of everything else. that said,bethesda is not developing elder scrolls online in house,its a completly new studio formed by the publisher zenimax media. the studios is zenimax online and was brought together specifically for elder scrolls online. but im sure there will be bugs of course. but ill bet my balls its not going to be anywhere near the poo fest that is neverwinter... alot of the probs with neverwinter stem from the devs pedigree and the f2p model,not bugs. elder scrolls is not f2p(thank god) and the developer is unproven,so we have nothing to judge it against,until we get our hands on it. i got faith
    Last edited by gripshift22; 09-29-2013 at 04:28 PM.

^^^ this.
    thats what i was thinking."its just slow becasue summer,o its just slow because winter,fall,spring break,natural disaster,new season of the daily show,new pop tarts flavor." lol. always the same.
    I could be wrong since it's been a while; but I coulda sworn people swarmed in around Mabar season back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    I used to do the same as OP: Check LFM, check guildies, check AH, log off.

Now I don't even do that anymore, after about 3500 hours used and 4 years played... I've stopped playing it completely. The killer was U19. Now that:

1. I don't have really a good build anymore to play with (THANKS FOR RUINING TANKS AND FORCING TO TAKE HEAL SKILL WITH HEALERS),
    2. no endgame to run in and no enthusiasm to TR and level up my characters and
    3. No players to LFM the less played quests or mid-high levels (most notably lvl 9-15 and 18-19)

I have no desire to log in. OP has a point: There is no endgame anymore as there are pretty much nothing to run, especially if Turbine raises cap to 30. Although I think the game is dead before that.
    This is the brainchild compilation of someone else (to give them credit) in an alternate dimension where noone bars a hold (http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites); but this started well before U19, as evident in this list:

poor quest designs
    gimped Paladins
    astral shards all over the UI
    bundling standard adventure packs into "expansions" and making VIPs pay for them
    Bravery Bonus
    Various causes killing off grouping for TRs
    Extension of the level cap without releasing a raid
    Horrid mechanics in CitW
    DDO deviation from d20 to a diminishing returns model

To that I'd add:

(feels like) 47 crafting subsystems
    Actual game-affecting bugs flickering into and out of existence with each update (lack of version control) - no NOT ladders - stuff like dying on a flat surface, container issues, game mechanics such as dodge, feats, ED, and SPwr having never fully stabilized
    Way overdoing "random" as a lootgen mechanic (WASAFOSI)

Thing is, so many want this stuff to stabilize and feel less than an experiment. Bad is bad, but players will adapt - changes to Finger and Spell Power are a good example - people disliked them, but adapted... STOP dorking with stuff! THIS concept will keep some players playing DDO for a while longer - they're optimistic it will stabilize. As long as turnover is managed (i.e. new players keep adopting, even if for a year or two before they get frustrated), DDO will stay alive.

Community Member

downloading guild wars right now.... the more videos i watch and storys and info i read,it makes me giddy... i cant wait to jump into this. 1TIME FEE! of 35$ and thats it! you OWN it,no monthly fees or f2p nickel and dime! where have i been!? o ya... still playing tired old DDO.... my god what have i done to myself..... lol ;P

I have been playing ESO Beta, and the developers at Turbine should take notice. That game will be the death of DDO if dramatic and far reaching steps aren't taken to keep up with Bethesda.
    Just like Tera, Rift, GW2, Swtor, Neverwinter Online killed DDO.

downloading guild wars right now.... the more videos i watch and storys and info i read,it makes me giddy... i cant wait to jump into this. 1TIME FEE! of 35$ and thats it! you OWN it,no monthly fees or f2p nickel and dime! where have i been!? o ya... still playing tired old DDO.... my god what have i done to myself..... lol ;P
    OK, but temper expectations. I happen to love GW2 and play it daily (even if for just 15 minutes or so); but there _are_ some annoyances. Would you believe you could actually suffer from TOO MUCH new content being released too fast? There's also a very real argument one can make that profession (class) differentiation is NOT fully developed yet. Finally, there is "over-tweaking" going on with some of the skills (feats - sorta)... "too nerfed" is a common refrain.

I DO recommend the game to everyone I talk to; but with that, I also caveat that the game is only a year old and is JUST NOW starting to get out of "manage rollout" to "develop depth" mode, if that makes sense. If they pull off this phase before the player base (primarily the leet powergamer types) get too annoyed, it will be fine. If they fart around like Turbine, it will collapse. After having seen GW's lifecycle (I hated that game the first year), though; I am giving them the benefit of the doubt (which is a basis upon which I built my assertion in my last post, this thread).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast