Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Well, the traffic says we are pretty much where we were 90 days ago.

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html

How much of that is due to U19 and the long awaited Enhancement pass shiny wearing off, and how much the time of year?
    90 days ago was July, which is summer in the US. Server populations always have noticeable shifts at certain times of the year, e.g. summer, around Dec for the holidays and so forth.

How is traffic compared to 365 and 730 days ago? That's likely more interesting than 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by gripshift22 View Post
    well perhaps the problem isnt with the amount of quests then,maybe its quality,alot of the recent content(especially shadowfell) i played through once and never again. it just doesnt FEEL like enough,it feels like i blow through new content relatively quickly and it all just gets thrown on the grind pile with the rest. granted there were a few gems in there,i enjoyed the demonweb quests,mainly i guess because it actually leads up to a raid(a really laggy,but otherwise ok one)with some cool weapons and gear to be had.gear that kinda doesnt matter anymore with new loot gen stuffs
    BTW do you find new content easier to blow through because the content is easier/weaker-design, or because you're much more experienced at playing DDO than you were a year ago?

To what degree do which factors play a part?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Yeah rushed and dumbed down content isn't really good long term either.

Basically Turbine has ruined their own game. They won't talk to us, they won't outline their plans/goals for the game. They do a terrible job marketing the game to THEIR OWN players.

All MMO's are really hurting. Market is saturated and there is really very little new or innovative out there. Add in 7 year burn out from many long term players in this game (like me) and it's no wonder we are where we are.

But I don't think the game is "dying"...yet. A dying game is when players leave, with no plans to ever come back. In the case of DDO there are a lot of players out there, who have indeed stopped playing, but are always watching, looking and hoping that Turbine finally gets it. Turbine still has the ability to hit one out of the park and draw back in those players who are currently on the sidelines.
    ya,i suppose this makes sense. but some of the content weve been getting feels like it was concieved in a week,lol,with a much longer dev time. heres hoping for elderscrolls online to bring something new to the genre,if they can capture even half of what makes the single player games great,in an mmo format,it will be awsome.. we shall see soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    2 months ago it was slow because it was summer and now it's slow because schools back?
    That is by far my favorite argument from the "all is fine" crowd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drus-the-Axe View Post
    BTW do you find new content easier to blow through because the content is easier/weaker-design, or because you're much more experienced at playing DDO than you were a year ago?

To what degree do which factors play a part?
    lol,i dont know? all the above? i dont know to what degree exactly,lol. do you work for turbine? is this a feedback study? are you finally listening to us? cause that would be great! lol

Community Member

NOTE: just got around to some of the earlier DOOM DOOM posts. when i say the game is "DYING" i mean for me. im sure there still making enough money to keep it going off of ottos boxes and cosmetic outfits alone,;P

I'll say for myself: I see no reason to raise my alts to level 28. Most of them are sitting in a single ED maxed out, with a single T1 twist from an adjacent destiny. They are alts. |They fit a niche (a caster, a tank, a cleric, a rogue, a wizard, an archer...) and that is it.

And level 26 and 28 feats requires me to grind EDs on those characters to get anything else besides toughness or spellpower. I created those charactes with the single purpose to stay sitting at cap for guild questing. They will not farm EDs or TR.

When we are on a loot weekend like now, I get a ton of level 26-28 loot that is mostly useless for me. So I stopped grinding for loot. My main is right now on a TR train for completionist and when she ends, all that loot will be outdated anyway.

Which bring me to TRing. I have few reasons to get much over level 20. I've been capping to 25 just to run a citw/fot or two, and leveling my EDs slowly. Now those raids are level gated (you can't get on a EH FoT before level 23). This basically killed my reason to flag for them.

I still enjoy the game. But the epic game don't have any reason to exist to me. Last year I believed the cap raise to 25 was a bad move. This year I believe the raise to 28 is a worst move, and raising it again next year to 30 will not bring any advantage for the players (basically we will grind two more levels for one feat). Waiting until there to start building a healthy epic level endgame?

If, IF they use the new cap and rebuild the old epic raids (von, DQ, Chrono, LoB, MA) to be closer to level 30 instead of 20-23, I might see how they can quickly fix the endgame problem. Otherwise, Citw will be 6 levels under cap, FoT will be five levels under cap, we will get a new raid that is also level 27 or so, and nothing level 30 to do at level 30.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

OP I feel a bit like that on Khyber. If there are many user channels I don't know about them. While my guild on Khyber is adorable a lot of peeps are afk travelling or school or real life or burnt out.

Thelanis is much better and more active. Not only private channels but also the Adepts channel (/joinchannel adepts teachme) Sarlona also has a mentoring raiding channel. There is definitely more of a feel of stuff going on

What bugs me is raid debarcle. It still doesn't feel safe to raid with the mess with counters. Also we don't have a new raid AND we've been told we're going to 30 so that's a whole new loot revision of what's best. I like having firm goals to aim for instead of wibbly wobbly maybes. And if I don't have them then what's the point except idle amusement? If I'm not building towards something I may as well play a different game.

For me personally I haven't done all I want to do yet and I'm still immensely enjoying stuff and am taking this down time as a time to TR some characters to 36 point builds. Also learning about and trying out all the new enhancements takes some time. But for someone who has already done this and is more interested in content, fair enough if you're over it.

It's seriously no skin off anyone's nose if they need a break.

I am sad about DDO as being perceived as unworthy as its so old. It's very different and I love a lot of the mechanics and see that it has a lot to offer. But seriously just the name Dungeons and Dragons sounds so geeky weird basement no-friends that it's hard to market in some ways. And yes there is still a lot more that could be done to ingratiate new players who do get over that hurdle and try the game out.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

I think the resounding DUD that was Shadowfail has much to do with the current state of the game.

Even though MOTU was slightly below many peoples' expectations, it still had a great amount of replay value. Fun, varying quests that yielded cool items and GREAT exp. It had a raid with the best weapons in the game in it.

Shadowfail has no replay value. Many quests that are very similar-- kill wave after wave of trash, kill a boss, end. The atmosphere is mostly the same with each quest too, too. WGU is pretty neat, but the rest of them are mediocre. And the loot is inferior to random-gen loot, which really defeats the purpose of running any of the quests. And the exp is garbage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I think the resounding DUD that was Shadowfail has much to do with the current state of the game.

Even though MOTU was slightly below many peoples' expectations, it still had a great amount of replay value. Fun, varying quests that yielded cool items and GREAT exp. It had a raid with the best weapons in the game in it.

Shadowfail has no replay value. Many quests that are very similar-- kill wave after wave of trash, kill a boss, end. The atmosphere is mostly the same with each quest too, too. WGU is pretty neat, but the rest of them are mediocre. And the loot is inferior to random-gen loot, which really defeats the purpose of running any of the quests. And the exp is garbage.

I have 4 legend characters (around 30 lives on them) on constant TRing, but saturday I took my time and went to the Storm Horns... I was wandering there for like 2 hours, it was stunning, just to explore the mountains was a blast for me, I really enjoyed it. Some plays for loot, I play for fun!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yalinaa View Post
    I have 4 legend characters (around 30 lives on them) on constant TRing, but saturday I took my time and went to the Storm Horns... I was wandering there for like 2 hours, it was stunning, just to explore the mountains was a blast for me, I really enjoyed it. Some plays for loot, I play for fun!
    i play for fun as well, but after youve run something a few times,or seen those mountains a few times. loot grinding is the only place where maybe theres still some fun in that content. if we got more content more often,we wouldnt have to rely on loot grinding quest chains,but thats just not how ddo does it. you should know this,30 lives... now thats grinding.. ill be done with this game long before i take any toons past 4th life,lol. completionist over rated and not necessary....

Quote Originally Posted by EnziteBob View Post
    With an engine this old alpha and beta testing takes time. In the past year we have gotten 5 updates and and 9 patches that's not counting hotfixes. Even some of the big games don't get that many.
    In the last year (a year is 365.242 days, so I am going back to 9/29/2012) it has been 3 updates and 1 expansion.

Update 16: 6 new quests
    Update 17: 1 new quest
    update 18: 3 new quests
    Expansion: 10 new quests

Not 5 updates, and not 34 quests.

Motu has 17 quests and 6 challenges, more questing content in that one expansion then we have had in the last year.

Like the OP, I login, check for guildies (less and less log in now), check the LFM's and logout. Nothing to do right now, and oh yeah, the next update has 2 quests, that will keep people around.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

This seems to just boil down to - More content please!
    I can get behind that.
    I have no problem paying for more content.
    The more, the better.
    Although I'm burned out on WoW (which is why I'm here now), they do have a TON of content.
    You can level from 1 to max in completely different areas over many toons.
    It's not really possible to do that in DDO, as far as I can tell.
    While I think the game is WAY better than it was at release, there is still TONS of D&D content to draw from and nearly endless potential to add more quests, raids, zones, etc.
    As long as they keep adding content, I'll keep playing.

P.S. Update Cannith crafting to match newer random loot please!

Wall of text aside, I think most people feel this way.

There is no end-game, so why bother TRing for tiny benefits you don't need. Why bother trying to grind out a pair of Shadowsight Goggles on EE when you already have a QP DC high enough to instakill every mob in the game with a good success rate? Why run anything, really?

There's nothing to aspire to, anymore. No uber challenging raid, no difficult quests to try to complete.
    I tr because I like playing those quests, they are fun.

Wall of text aside, I think most people feel this way.

There is no end-game, so why bother TRing for tiny benefits you don't need. Why bother trying to grind out a pair of Shadowsight Goggles on EE when you already have a QP DC high enough to instakill every mob in the game with a good success rate? Why run anything, really?

There's nothing to aspire to, anymore. No uber challenging raid, no difficult quests to try to complete.
    I don't think most feel that way and you have zero to base that on as I see lots of groups running a wide level of quest on both my main servers. Not everyone plays games for the end game I don't I have never even finished flagging for citw nor ran any of the newest content I like low to mid level stuff and wish I could tr more often as I do,have favorite quests and characters so to keep in the range I enjoy more I make a lot of alts and never have trouble finding a group any time of day. So no I don't see the game losing steam!

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Well, the traffic says we are pretty much where we were 90 days ago.

http://ddoracle.com/Traffic.html

It does feel like we have been in a bit of a "revamp" thing since U14. The last big raid was the finish on an old quest chain. The major changes have been system updates. Maybe we are coming down off of the high we were on when U14 rolled out. Withdrawal sucks, man.
    DDOracle Traffic doesn't mean much.

Especially when considering...

http://ddoracle.com/Cannith.html - Report Run at April 21st 2013! - Cannith is spelled with 3 Ns along the Server Row!

Frankly it would be nice if the people behind DDOracle could update it - chances are they can't however because of Turbine's wiping of MyDDO!

So trusting the Traffic Report - Which after all is Just a Graph - is a bit naive in my view.

Also...DDOracle's version of Active leaves a lot to be desired - Take a look at their FAQ to see what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by bollwerk View Post
    This seems to just boil down to - More content please!
    I can get behind that.
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I would love more content. That would be fantastic. However, what I want even more than that. The thing that makes a small ball of rage in my gut into a larger ball of rage slowly and surely. I just want them to stop fixing things that aren't broken. Stop new systems that set the game backward in development. Things like the loot gen pass which could have been left completely out of the update with nobody even caring. It's an unfinished addition to the game that is actually negative development. They waste time on something that isn't needed or wanted, only to release it unfinished, forcing more time to be put into it later to finish it. Sometimes they never get back to finishing it at all. We're left with a new system, worse than the old and completely unfinished. So much wasted time. It just makes no logical sense. It's quite clear that they don't have enough resources to fix all the bugs in the game, yet they insist on adding new unfinished bug filled systems to replace completely functional systems. It just makes no sense.

Short version - Give me more content and stop the pet projects and new systems that you don't have enough time to finish or make bug free.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Losing steam? How about LOST steam/ compression/ drive...

I have been playing ESO Beta, and the developers at Turbine should take notice. That game will be the death of DDO if dramatic and far reaching steps aren't taken to keep up with Bethesda.

I invited a few players from ESO that never played DDO to watch as I logged into 3 of my main toons. When I got to me Human S&B and they saw the broken animation, and asked about the status of a fix, I told them the truth, "it's been this way all year, and not one word on the forums about a fix". They also commented on why would they want to play a game that has major flaws that aren't being addressed. I was embarrassed and had no answer.

As nice as the graphics are in Faerun, the lack of the creativeness in almost all of the quests leaves most players staying in Eberron content.
    The new enhancement pass made "true builds" obsolete.

I was excited about epic GH and finally taking on "The Truthful One" for all of one night. Another 1 or 2 room raid that is full of exploits and glitches and hearing about people being able to solo most of that content made the whole epic revisit ho-hum and boring. (I HOPE they don't do that to the Vale.)

I was a yearly subscriber, now? Not going to happen.

Real shame when the best sword & sorcery mmo rpg shoots itself in the foot, just as WotC did with D&D.

IMO the only thing that can save this game is DDO V2.0 with a new "engine".

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

Community Member

you know,just another random thought here,for the people who were saying that turbine does come out with new quests quite often. i think maybe due to the nature of the game they need to come out with more content at least twice as much as other games,ddo being basically a very small public area with nothing to do except get supplies and maybe the(not really comparable to most games) crafting if your in to that,that is so heavily instanced people tend to do quests at a very fast rate,its not uncommon for a static group to do over 10 quests in one sitting.

this is not usually the case in other games that have actual open worlds(i.e. WOW and turbines own LOTRO). players spend alot of time doing other things,like dancing,roleplaying,travelling,exploring(ddo explorer areas are a joke in comparison),gathering resources for crafting,and fishing etc. instanced questing is a pretty small part of these games as a whole,while ddo relies on it almost exclusively,even the gathering of crafting ingridients is tied grinding quests.instanced questing being the ONLY thing ddo does,there needs to be A LOT of it,and there just isnt.

it need moar cow-bell you know? moar cow-bell.
    Last edited by gripshift22; 09-29-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    Losing steam? How about LOST steam/ compression/ drive...

I have been playing ESO Beta, and the developers at Turbine should take notice. That game will be the death of DDO if dramatic and far reaching steps aren't taken to keep up with Bethesda.

I invited a few players from ESO that never played DDO to watch as I logged into 3 of my main toons. When I got to me Human S&B and they saw the broken animation, and asked about the status of a fix, I told them the truth, "it's been this way all year, and not one word on the forums about a fix". They also commented on why would they want to play a game that has major flaws that aren't being addressed. I was embarrassed and had no answer.

As nice as the graphics are in Faerun, the lack of the creativeness in almost all of the quests leaves most players staying in Eberron content.
    The new enhancement pass made "true builds" obsolete.

I was excited about epic GH and finally taking on "The Truthful One" for all of one night. Another 1 or 2 room raid that is full of exploits and glitches and hearing about people being able to solo most of that content made the whole epic revisit ho-hum and boring. (I HOPE they don't do that to the Vale.)

I was a yearly subscriber, now? Not going to happen.

Real shame when the best sword & sorcery mmo rpg shoots itself in the foot, just as WotC did with D&D.

IMO the only thing that can save this game is DDO V2.0 with a new "engine".
    ^^ this just made me go check my email to see if iv been selected for closed beta yet.... still no..... /tears. any word on when open beta starting?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast