Default Artifacts in the Crafting System

The new items in the game, even the low level items, are more powerful than what was available for loot just a few years ago. This development has led players to discuss revamping the Cannith Crafting system to make it more competitive with what can be acquired from quests only.

If more levels are added to crafting and/or crafting is introduced in the Forgotten Realms environment, the devs may consider allowing very high level crafters to create artifacts as they existed in the pencil and paper game. These would be unique, named items like the Wand of Orcus, Sword of Kas, or Hand of Vecna from the Greyhawk campaign setting. The items would be unbound so that other characters may take possession of them but with major level, class, race, and/or alignment restrictions, for example. Creating an artifact would be a massive undertaking involving many different levels of ingredients, destroying very high level items that are not unique in the crafting process, and even completing related quests to finish the artifact. I think this addition to the crafting system would be a good end game enhancement for the lvl 30 toons which will be available next year and provide a greater incentive to develop crafting levels.

If anyone thinks this is a interesting idea and would like the devs to consider this, please reply to this thread and give your comments on the subject.

As seen in so many other games, player crafting has enormous potential. Unfortunately, I haven't been impressed by the level of creativity in DDO's gear since House C Alchemical, and barely then. Unless Turbine's dev team can sort out the flood of new bugs, acquire a top notch creative gear designer who's VERY well versed in D&D (specifically Eberron Lore), and implement a water tight closed loop documentation system, I would be very hesitant to approve of any new systems.

Your idea sounds awesome, but I don't have confidence that it could be folded into the current state of the game. DDO's structural integrity is being maintained by Duct Tape and Bailing Wire right now. It can't handle going to Warp with and expanded crafting system, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    The new items in the game, even the low level items, are more powerful than what was available for loot just a few years ago. This development has led players to discuss revamping the Cannith Crafting system to make it more competitive with what can be acquired from quests only.

If more levels are added to crafting and/or crafting is introduced in the Forgotten Realms environment, the devs may consider allowing very high level crafters to create artifacts as they existed in the pencil and paper game. These would be unique, named items like the Wand of Orcus, Sword of Kas, or Hand of Vecna from the Greyhawk campaign setting. The items would be unbound so that other characters may take possession of them but with major level, class, race, and/or alignment restrictions, for example. Creating an artifact would be a massive undertaking involving many different levels of ingredients, destroying very high level items that are not unique in the crafting process, and even completing related quests to finish the artifact. I think this addition to the crafting system would be a good end game enhancement for the lvl 30 toons which will be available next year and provide a greater incentive to develop crafting levels.

If anyone thinks this is a interesting idea and would like the devs to consider this, please reply to this thread and give your comments on the subject.
    to make cannith crafting useful only need to be able to craft current random gen stuff, nothing more (with the difference you choose how it will be)

sadly turbine abandoned the "add new random stuff to cannith crafting" a loooooooooooooooooon time ago, so now u have 150 lvls of useless crafting

oh wait i can craft +6 flexible shards and heavy fort shards!!! who cares when i get +8 items at ml15?XDDDD

or keen1, the only keen we can craft, and ofc, forget about vorpal,banish, smiting because they are strong!! (maybe they were, hardly doubt it when mob needs to have less than 1k hp and nowadayas that means lvl 14 or so)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

/clap

Yep Cannith Crafting is only really useful for make nitche weapons

I have:

Anarchic Burst Heavy Repeater of Greater Aberration Bane for Cholthulzz

Anarchic Burst Heavy Repeater of Greater Construct Bane for Inevitable

I also Craft all my gear from level 1 to level 11ish and build items to fill in the gaps on the way to 20

But, I agree Cannith Crafting needs an update.

Default some usefull stuff

I like being able to make +X stat items as needed and have some med guild slot items that get recycled almost every life. My personal favorites are body feeder of lesser vampyrism that i think kick but on a tempest build., and of course invulnerability for those initial levels of TR.

Anarchic Burst Heavy Repeater of Greater Aberration Bane for Cholthulzz
    You'll have much better luck with that as Undead Bane or Incorporeal Bane, since Cholthulzz is not an Aberration.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Feather has said that one of the dev teams next priority is addressing the randomly generated loot - Basically adding in more suffixes / affixes - Before the next level cap increase.

So there probably won't be any change to cannith crafting until then.

That being said, being able to create legendary artifacts through crafting kind of kills the whole cannon behind those artifacts.

I'd much prefer being able to craft your own unique items with more than two properties, and then being able to name them whatever you want.