Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Yes, another "chest re-roll" thread -

No what you think. I just have a simple question:

Does ANYONE even know ANYONE who ever INTENTIONALLY re-rolled a chest? As in did this on purpose clicking with the intention of re-rolling the chest?

I haven't seen a single person yet who didn't think this was a stupid feature and want it gone, or countless threads about people accidently clicking it.

So the question remains: did anyone ever intentionally use this stupid, stupid, awful, dumb feature?

Only time I have ever intentionally hit the button was to test the confirmation box with the last patch.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post

Does ANYONE even know ANYONE who ever INTENTIONALLY re-rolled a chest? As in did this on purpose clicking with the intention of re-rolling the chest?

I haven't seen a single person yet who didn't think this was a stupid feature and want it gone, or countless threads about people accidently clicking it.

So the question remains: did anyone ever intentionally use this stupid, stupid, awful, dumb feature?

I did it once to get a friend who was just starting out a Muck Bane. It was only 1 AS and I luckily got it on my first roll.

Yes, I have, just to see. Had some shards I would never use, figured, what the heck!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I'm gonna go out on a couple limbs here, and guess that:

•Given the size of DDOs' population, there must be some people that like, use and enjoy this option.

•I'm fairly certain that few if any of them frequent the forums.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    I did it once to get a friend who was just starting out a Muck Bane. It was only 1 AS and I luckily got it on my first roll.
    huh, I didn't realize it worked as a way to get named items, that does make it more attractive. Does it work on raid chests? I could see rerolling say the ADQ chest if I wanted another torc (thankfully I have all that I need, but the thought of grinding antoher gives me the sweats).

Can't really think of any other low-ish level chests that would be worth re-rolling for named though.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

I have re rolled a few times,but didnt get anything special.But I'm not hung up on AS,just sell something i dont need at the Shard exchange and i get more.

A guildy used it to successfully reroll some named loot on an EE Tor run at a dragon chest - pulled the Globe of True Blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I don't know how the hell people even come near the shard reroll button. Unless you were quick clicking on the loot all button and packing an already short6 inventory with pieces of **** not even worth dragging to a vender to cash.

I skim through; spot the valuables, and double down on em. 3 seconds maybe tops.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

I've clicked it on purpose once just to see. Will probably never click it again on purpose.

Community Member

There are some uses for it if you have the shards and seeking something specific.
    TOR dragon chests with loot gem and +2 loot weekend are reasonable targets.
    Chance of helms, tomes and other in demand items.

SerPounce - not active in Raid chests sorry. :-/

they should move it to the very top.. so it will will never cause confusion or overlap existing icon...

I re-rolled a chest just because of this thread.

its not enough the Devs added a confirmation button (they didn't have too) or moved the re-roll button as many asked for (also didn't have too)

You don't like the feature don't use it its as easy as that (especially with confirmation button) there are legit reasons to use re-roll as stated in the thread already.

Yes, I did.

Community Member

I used it to pull the rune arm from 3BC.

I also use it on chests where there's an item that I can sell for a lot more Astral Shards than the roll. Spending 30 astral shards for an item that can sell for a couple hundred shards just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I used it to pull the rune arm from 3BC.

I also use it on chests where there's an item that I can sell for a lot more Astral Shards than the roll. Spending 30 astral shards for an item that can sell for a couple hundred shards just makes sense.
    Spending 30 shards for a chance at finding something you can sell for 100's is a losing gamble. You might get lucky and get it on the first reroll, but then again, you could have just rerun the quest and got it for free. It might take you 30 rerolls to find that item that you can sell for 300, putting you 150 shards in the hole.

I'll admit I've used it a few times in the past, more to see the results than anything else. I tried it. I didn't like it. I'd love an option to just remove the button completely so I'm not reminded of Turbine's new policy of preying on weak people with poor math skills and little knowledge of how loot mechanics work. There are maybe 4 or 5 chests in the entire game that you might have a mathematical chance at coming out ahead if you reroll, yet we have this option on nearly every chest in the game, even those with no named loot at all. I can't see how they feel justified on adding this to chests with no named loot. Why would I reroll something that I can just find again in less than 3 minutes of play time?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Spending 30 shards for a chance at finding something you can sell for 100's is a losing gamble. You might get lucky and get it on the first reroll, but then again, you could have just rerun the quest and got it for free. It might take you 30 rerolls to find that item that you can sell for 300, putting you 150 shards in the hole.

I'll admit I've used it a few times in the past, more to see the results than anything else. I tried it. I didn't like it. I'd love an option to just remove the button completely so I'm not reminded of Turbine's new policy of preying on weak people with poor math skills and little knowledge of how loot mechanics work. There are maybe 4 or 5 chests in the entire game that you might have a mathematical chance at coming out ahead if you reroll, yet we have this option on nearly every chest in the game, even those with no named loot at all. I can't see how they feel justified on adding this to chests with no named loot. Why would I reroll something that I can just find again in less than 3 minutes of play time?
    A high knowledge of drop rates helps. I assure you, I come out ahead.

Community Member

Its utterly absurd that is is even an option of chests with no named loot.
    Wherever you went - here you are.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post

It's like the lotto, a tax on those bad at math.

I briefly farmed the icy raiment after the dodge change and re-rolled twice before I got it. I then sold it for around 350 shards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast