Default Really, fix the prefixes and suffixes already. A simple Example.

Dear Developers,

I don't want to see Frost IV. This is bad. It takes me out of the game.

My suggestion:

Flame Dragon(s)
    Force----------Mage(s)
    Shock----------Storm(s)
    Acid-----------Torrent(s)
    Cold-----------Blizzard(s)
    Good-----------Bless(ed)(ings)
    Evil-----------Hex(ed)(es)
    Untyped--------Void(s)
    Negative-------Shadow(s)
    Light----------Archon(s)
    Law------------Circle(s)
    Chaos----------Etropy(ies)

Keep in mind these are off the top of my head. A dev could probably work with her team to implement better names...
    These would work as prefixes or suffixes.

Working Example:

A +4 khopesh is found and generated with a suffix of 2d4 Law Damage.

It would be a +4 Khopesh of the Second Circle or a +4 Second Circle Khopesh.

+1 / signed

Devs were really unimaginative withe the naming of items.

Also I want my old stuff back like Obsenity!
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Does this tie into your other thread from today about prefixes and suffixes?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Does this tie into your other thread from today about prefixes and suffixes?
    It would, but that thread was not a suggestion or idea on how to fix it. I would not dare say such a thing in General DDO Discussion.

The MotU names were great.

A 'Conflagrating of Phlebotomizing' weapon sounds like it will do REALLY, REALLY bad things to you. A 'Fire 4 of Bleed 5' weapon just doesn't have the same evocative naming.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

If that weapon does exist it would read: Fire of Bleed regardless of the numbers. (Even if we hold our mouse over it, it shows the actual roman numerals), we do not like the fact they got lazy about it. So they borked that as well. They make us sift through it rather than they just put in there in the first place. Very annoying indeed.

When trying to sell these weapons it is not user friendly!
    Last edited by zDragonz; 09-30-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The MotU names were great.

A 'Conflagrating of Phlebotomizing' weapon sounds like it will do REALLY, REALLY bad things to you. A 'Fire 4 of Bleed 5' weapon just doesn't have the same evocative naming.
    ^ this was interesting..

These effects made me want to see more of them and what combinations could be had...

Frost IV... is like dumbing it down for 6 year olds...boring....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I don't really like big and terrible names of random loot... leave it it named gear.
    But I have that force VII BS.

Simple force 7d4 would be much better.

And I also cry daily at loss of bursts, and replacements of d6s with d4s.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    the motu names were great.

A 'conflagrating of phlebotomizing' weapon sounds like it will do really, really bad things to you. A 'fire iv of bleed v' weapon just doesn't have the same evocative naming.
    ftfy.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

I really don't understand the big change made to the loot mechanics and tables recently. It appeared to me that nearly everyone liked the MotU loot additions--their names were flavorful, and they added some interesting effects. I thought the compound abilities were a big plus in that system, particularly the non-weapon ones, like Sheltering, making random loot more interesting by permitting more than a single prefix and suffix.

Now, we have a bunch of poorly named, boring loot upgrade progressions, and with a puzzling change to the dice used for weapon effects from d6s to d4s. The entire system falls under the heading of "head scratcher,"
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    I really don't understand the big change made to the loot mechanics and tables recently. It appeared to me that nearly everyone liked the MotU loot additions--their names were flavorful, and they added some interesting effects. I thought the compound abilities were a big plus in that system, particularly the non-weapon ones, like Sheltering, making random loot more interesting by permitting more than a single prefix and suffix.

Now, we have a bunch of poorly named, boring loot upgrade progressions, and with a puzzling change to the dice used for weapon effects from d6s to d4s. The entire system falls under the heading of "head scratcher,"
    Very much this!

The MotU loot was well done, flavorful, interesting and useful.

The new version is not even half way done, it's unimaginative, boring and puts up barriers against search (for one thing).
    It's definitely an N-word.

I think they should get rid of prefixes and suffixes. This is just confusing to the masses. All gear should be replaced with something easier to understand.

Let’s consider weapons – here’s an example:

Sword – Level 1 – does 7-42 damage.
    Sword – Level 2 – does 8-43 damage.
    Sword – Level 3 – does 9-44 damage.
    Etc. until level 28.

This would give players the ability to effectively select the proper weapon for their level. To mix it up, you can have different types of weapons – for example:

Axe – Level 1 – does 7-42 damage.
    Axe – Level 2 – does 8-43 damage.
    Axe – Level 3 – does 9-44 damage.
    Etc. until level 28.

This would provide character customization so they can feel unique. Thus, one character might use a sword while another, being a completely distinct individual, would be using an axe.

There are two main benefits to this system:

1. It allows all weapons to equally hurt all monsters, thus avoiding any confusion as to what weapon might hurt a specific monster.

2. The dumbest idiot in the world might have a chance of understanding the system. If they can match the “weapon level” to their character level, they would be as powerful as any other person of the same level utilizing a weapon of their level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    excellent suggestion
    Though why not go further? Why bother with loot at all? Simply upgrade the weapon automatically on level up. And don't forget to add weapon level boosters to the DDO Store!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Though why not go further? Why bother with loot at all? Simply upgrade the weapon automatically on level up. And don't forget to add weapon level boosters to the DDO Store!
    And get rid of those confusing random intervals of damage. Make them a set amount instead.
    It's definitely an N-word.

They could just rebalance the game: nothing adds to damage, all weapons deal 1d2, and all regular monster have 2 HP. Orange named might have 10, and red named could have 50.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoglum View Post
    I think they should get rid of prefixes and suffixes. This is just confusing to the masses. All gear should be replaced with something easier to understand.

Let’s consider weapons – here’s an example:

Sword – Level 1 – does 7-42 damage.
    Sword – Level 2 – does 8-43 damage.
    Sword – Level 3 – does 9-44 damage.
    Etc. until level 28.

This would give players the ability to effectively select the proper weapon for their level. To mix it up, you can have different types of weapons – for example:

Axe – Level 1 – does 7-42 damage.
    Axe – Level 2 – does 8-43 damage.
    Axe – Level 3 – does 9-44 damage.
    Etc. until level 28.

This would provide character customization so they can feel unique. Thus, one character might use a sword while another, being a completely distinct individual, would be using an axe.

There are two main benefits to this system:

1. It allows all weapons to equally hurt all monsters, thus avoiding any confusion as to what weapon might hurt a specific monster.

2. The dumbest idiot in the world might have a chance of understanding the system. If they can match the “weapon level” to their character level, they would be as powerful as any other person of the same level utilizing a weapon of their level.
    I can't tell if this mocking DDO or mocking NeverWinter...