Question Developers please take the time to read this.

Hi my name is Aaron I play potpurri on the server Cannith. I have been trying to farm for the greatbow of the scrag. I am on my 4th character and day number 6 of solid 8 hours a day trying to farm for this bow. Seriously what working adult with kids has the time to do this kind of grinding??? What if you gave named loot a 50/50 chance to drop by rolling a d100. I mean you put the reroll loot button in the chest for shards anyways right. Or put these kinds of items in the ddo store so we can buy them and not waste time trying to grind for them. I think if you own the pack or if your paying for it via vip then it should drop on the 2nd or 3rd run in. This kind of grind almost makes me want to just give up on this game and stop playing, but I own all the packs except the newest one so then that would be a waste of money on my part. Seriously though think about the working adults with kids and obligations. We dont have the time to sit hours on end grinding for items like this....Aaron (aka Potpurri) Cannith server.

Quote Originally Posted by potpurri View Post
    Hi my name is Aaron I play potpurri on the server Cannith. I have been trying to farm for the greatbow of the scrag. I am on my 4th character and day number 6 of solid 8 hours a day trying to farm for this bow. Seriously what working adult with kids has the time to do this kind of grinding??? What if you gave named loot a 50/50 chance to drop by rolling a d100. I mean you put the reroll loot button in the chest for shards anyways right. Or put these kinds of items in the ddo store so we can buy them and not waste time trying to grind for them. I think if you own the pack or if your paying for it via vip then it should drop on the 2nd or 3rd run in. This kind of grind almost makes me want to just give up on this game and stop playing, but I own all the packs except the newest one so then that would be a waste of money on my part. Seriously though think about the working adults with kids and obligations. We dont have the time to sit hours on end grinding for items like this....Aaron (aka Potpurri) Cannith server.
    It should be higher but not as high as 2 or 3 runs, 20 to 30 maybe. I've given up on farming that item after about 100 runs, don't really need it now though fortunately with morphic arrows.

Community Member

Can you describe how you're grinding for it? Maybe you're doing something wrong....this is a drop from an adventure zone rare encounter, it should not take that long to do each run and it should not be that rare a chance to drop...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Can you describe how you're grinding for it? Maybe you're doing something wrong....this is a drop from an adventure zone rare encounter, it should not take that long to do each run and it should not be that rare a chance to drop...
    It is that rare of a drop. It took ransacking 6 characters for 2 weeks for me to get one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    It's a wilderness area drop, takes about 2 mins a run, I ransacked it on two toons each week for a couple months and got nothing.
    Dulse's chest

http://ddowiki.com/page/Greatbow_of_the_Scrag

If only that bow were BtA or BtAoE or Unbound.

Since it's BtCoE then I see no point in farming it (for a temporal use).
    And that means: yes, the drop rate should be higher

drop rates across the board need improvement, but we do need some grind. player entitlement based on sub or how long a person is able to play a game or it should take X runs for item I want to drop should not be entered into any drop rate equation. as long as there is a P2WAH, there is no need to put items in the DDO store, not that you need to put items in the store anyways if drop rates were better improved.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    It is that rare of a drop. It took ransacking 6 characters for 2 weeks for me to get one of them.
    Huh...ok well /signed then, I guess....no item should be so rare that you'll likely out-level it before you get one, just from repeatedly killing the mob that drops it

they really should increase drop rate.. especially old epic part... i mean these aren't much good nowsdays.. so instead of letting them rot in the database, why not let player have them..

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    they really should increase drop rate.. especially old epic part... i mean these aren't much good nowsdays.. so instead of letting them rot in the database, why not let player have them..
    Sadly this is a low level item that came out with motu.

Thumbs up Greatbow of the Scrag

This is a ml 4 bow that has a awesome base damage and blunted ammunition with a red augment slot. I helped Potpurri farm for this bow and I myself ransacked 4 characters in a weeks time and only had 1 to drop for me. THIS IS PROBABLY THE RAREST BOW IN THE GAME. I agree on the drop rate of things being beefed up because I too have a full time career, family and other things going on so my time on here is very restricted as well.

I've never seen the point in having such low drop rates for leveling items, especially things in the sub level 10 category. I don't mind 4%ish drop rates on end game btcoe gear as grinding is supposed to keep us busy at "endgame". I shouldn't have the time to recap a toon 7 times before I pull a level 4 item. I'd guess the drop rate at 2% max and that's probably being generous. Just my opinion, but I think the drop rates on the rare 3bc items are about 5 to 10 times lower than they should be for what they are.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    This is a ml 4 bow that has a awesome base damage and blunted ammunition with a red augment slot. I helped Potpurri farm for this bow and I myself ransacked 4 characters in a weeks time and only had 1 to drop for me. THIS IS PROBABLY THE RAREST BOW IN THE GAME. I agree on the drop rate of things being beefed up because I too have a full time career, family and other things going on so my time on here is very restricted as well.
    In the same time you put into farming, you could've leveled past the point of it being useful.

Sounds like it's got the same abysmal droprate as the tiefling dagger. The least they could do is make that gear unbound, or at least BtA; I've vendored both of those weapons before.

Default Join the club...

Op: Think of how good you will feel when it finally drops for you I spent about a week grinding it myself then it it was just there in the chest waiting for me and it was exhilarating. Gotta say imo that the rarest bow drop in the game is currently Thornlord from the desert. You should really take some consolation in the fact you're not alone in these gotta-have-it loot grinds, and realize that when you finally pull it...there will be something else you want next. I for one have been looking for Kronzeks Cruelty for months...grrr.
    " When there is nothing left to burn, you must set yourself on fire " - Stars

- Ghallanda - Gorgona - Malfeaze - Shadyone

Quote Originally Posted by Sam1313 View Post
    Rarer than a Ethornlord............dayyyyuuummm thats rare!!!

The new stuff in 3 barrel cove was interesting until I saw it was BTCoE combined with a low drop rate.

It makes all the loot there pretty much worthless to even bother to try to get unless you have many TR's planned.
    I don't even bother going out there during any TR lives anymore, just a waste of effort...Will only now do it once on a endlfe toon for favor.

BTA would have made sense and perked some interest in continued running out there..

Too bad.. it is a great visual and fun zone.. just a fail on Loot presentation.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-30-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    The new stuff in 3 barrel cove was interesting until I saw it was BTCoE combined with a low drop rate.

It makes all the loot there pretty much worthless to even bother to try to get unless you have many TR's planned.
    I don't even bother going out there during any TR lives anymore, just a waste of effort...Will only now do it once on a endlfe toon for favor.

BTAoE would have made sense and perked some interest in continued running out there..

Too bad.. it is a great visual and fun zone.. just a fail on Loot presentation.
    even just plain bta on pickup would be a major improvement.

low level named gear like the 3BC stuff should be BTA. its not like level cap is 10 anymore. a lot of the low level named loot, if its not trumped by random loot but even before that happened, isn't usually enjoyed by your character for very long in those levels and just not worth the time at level or above level to farm for it. anything low level i refuse to bind to my character when its just used for leveling purposes.