Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 192
  1. #21

    Default

    At 18 on my second life I ended up dumping the SD tree altogether to get Greater Heroism and Improved Recovery III from the human tree, then spent the rest on a second +1 strength from Warpriest, the human THF line and +saves from inflame. I'm quite enjoying the heal effect from smite foe while solo, and positively loving it in groups. The only downside is if smite doesn't hit an enemy (like it dies before your swing lands) you get no heal effect.

    Divine Healing is certainly an option to consider if you decide to drop the SD tree. It's a bummer losing the 25 PRR and +3 saves, though, so I may switch back to that version once I get back to epics. Right now I just love getting my 36-minute GH clickie, 7 times per rest. Buff the whole party for free!

  2. #22
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    This probably kills the new player aspect of this but i would flavor of the month this and do 11/8/1 monk ditch dragon mark and extend for Master of from and run in earth stance.

    Could take some of the points you have in SD to get +15 prr from Shinto for a total of 30 from earth stance.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    This probably kills the new player aspect of this but i would flavor of the month this and do 11/8/1 monk ditch dragon mark and extend for Master of from and run in earth stance.
    That's a radical departure from this build. Switching to a juggernaut or a shirardi sorc would also be better.

  4. #24
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    That's a radical departure from this build. Switching to a juggernaut or a shirardi sorc would also be better.
    The only thing radical about it would be the change from Heavy Armor to Robes and calling that a radical change is a stretch. In every other way you would play it the same.

    An LR +1 can get you to this it would take much more to get to a Juggernaut or a Shiradi Sorc.

    Earthstance is grater then Fighter 12 but whatever you're clearly not open to discussion.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    An LR +1 can get you to this it would take much more to get to a Juggernaut or a Shiradi Sorc.
    I thought you meant 11 fighter/8 monk/1 cleric, which is why I considered it a radical change and off topic for this thread. Apologies for the confusion.

    I wouldn't drop the fighter level because that loses power surge. The 8th cleric level, OTOH, adds very little compared to 1 monk. 12/7/1 would work well; that last level can be anything you like, really. The key cleric number is 7 levels.

    Hmmm, how exactly does that 1 monk work? It autogrants the first stance feat and then I need to spend 2 more to get the stance all the way to master? Plus monk gives a bonus feat, meaning a net effect of dropping 1 feat to fit it in? If so, the obvious choice there is the "player's choice" epic feat. The THF line can be pushed into epic levels to take master of forms earlier.

    If I spend the AP to get my kensei weapon centered, can I use stunning fist with the weapon equipped?

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    Could take some of the points you have in SD to get +15 prr from Shinto for a total of 30 from earth stance.
    That requires 2 monk levels.

    Even with no AP spent in any monk tree, just grandmaster of forms earth stance alone would be pretty sweet: +1 crit multiplier on natural 19-20. It does require 3 feats, though, meaning 2 feats after using the monk bonus feat like you describe. That's a tougher choice; I'd probably lean toward dropping the THF line. Extend is too valuable for quality of life (and mana consumption) with only 7 cleric levels, and DDoor is really nice to have.

  6. #26
    Community Member Grailhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

    EDIT:That requires 2 monk levels.

    Even with no AP spent in any monk tree, just grandmaster of forms earth stance alone would be pretty sweet: +1 crit multiplier on natural 19-20. It does require 3 feats, though, meaning 2 feats after using the monk bonus feat like you describe. That's a tougher choice; I'd probably lean toward dropping the THF line. Extend is too valuable for quality of life (and mana consumption) with only 7 cleric levels, and DDoor is really nice to have.
    That's right my bad it does take 2 for the extra +15.

    You don't have to take Grandmaster of Form you can stop at Master of Forms (difference of +3 PRR, +1 Con, 5% AC, 15% Threat) the important component the +1 crit multiplier is there.

  7. #27
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    why 8 cleric? 4 cleric yeah I will buy. A newer player can run tangleroot for dward clickies. If you go with 14 fighter 4 cleric 2 paladin you get really high saves so probably do not need fom as a newer player anyway.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  8. #28
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grailhawk View Post
    This probably kills the new player aspect of this but i would flavor of the month this and do 11/8/1 monk ditch dragon mark and extend for Master of from and run in earth stance.

    Could take some of the points you have in SD to get +15 prr from Shinto for a total of 30 from earth stance.
    You have not tried ameliorating strike have you.? I would actually go with twf instead of thf because ameliorating strike double procs. My twf 12 barbarian 4 fvs 4 rogue heals everyone for 400 hit points every 15 seconds it rocks.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    why 8 cleric? 4 cleric yeah I will buy. A newer player can run tangleroot for dward clickies. If you go with 14 fighter 4 cleric 2 paladin you get really high saves so probably do not need fom as a newer player anyway.
    I don't see any reason that wouldn't work out nicely, but losing the level 4 spells and replacing potentially endless cures with 4/rest LoH doesn't appeal to me personally. 7 minute clickies annoy me, while 16:00 self-cast buffs makes me feel all warm and squishy inside.

    For a veteran version of the build I think I'd go helf instead of human for pally saves with dilletante, 12 fighter/7 cleric/1 monk for grandmaster of forms, drop blinding speed and the "player's choice" epic feat to make room for the form feats, (wear a speed item), and switch the THF line to TWF for double the smite foe procs. Drop the starting strength down from 18 to 16 to pump up dex and you'll be within easy tome range of qualifying for the TWF line.

    That would almost certainly be a stronger and more advanced build. I'm happy with the basic version outlined in the OP, but then again I don't run EE.

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    You have not tried ameliorating strike have you.? I would actually go with twf instead of thf because ameliorating strike double procs. My twf 12 barbarian 4 fvs 4 rogue heals everyone for 400 hit points every 15 seconds it rocks.
    Yeah, ameliorating strike is super fun. I just finally got it last week and am loving it. My only complaint is that I wish it had similar boosts to monk healing ki: spend 2 AP to have it also remove curses, 2 AP to also remove poison, etc...

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This build gets 14 minute deathward from 15-19, then 16 minute deathwards for epic levels. This is just lonog enough to be comfortable for me.
    Where are you getting your numbers from? You should be getting 1 min per caster level, so with 8 cleric levels at lv20+, you should only get 8 mins, not 16 mins. You can bump that up with servant, but you're only using warpriest from the cleric trees.

  11. #31
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whispurr View Post
    Where are you getting your numbers from? You should be getting 1 min per caster level, so with 8 cleric levels at lv20+, you should only get 8 mins, not 16 mins. You can bump that up with servant, but you're only using warpriest from the cleric trees.
    Ever heard about extend?
    Its in the build.

  12. #32
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    707

    Default

    While not Free to Play or a New Player I kinda like this build.

    Though I am interested in giving this a try as a Half-Orc. I have not played a half-orc yet and have been interested in playing one. I like the healing options with this build.

    Half-orc racial tree offers some nice synergy in THF with brutality and Great Weapon Appittude. Though brings the cost up to 19 AP in the racial tree.

    Means stalwart defender stance is out, so I would say the tree is out.

    Leaves me with 7 AP to throw around, just enough for a teir one of divine healing, but I doubt that is worth it at high levels.

    I have not built it yet, but through the planner it would seem the saves on this build though are larger trash. What kind of saves are you getting. I do know as far as epic elite if they aren't super high, well then it might not even been worth it to try and invest in them.

    The base seems so low though I am wondering if I should both much with the saves.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    While not Free to Play or a New Player I kinda like this build.
    I'm not sure I understand.


    I have not built it yet, but through the planner it would seem the saves on this build though are larger trash.
    Saves are terrible. I wouldn't enjoy running this build on EE. (Which I don't run.)

  14. #34
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,798

    Default

    Cleric 8 doesn't seem to get you much; I would add a splash of barb (+10% run speed, +3 Power Atk, 4 Rages), rog or bard (UMD), or wiz (+1 feat).

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Cleric 8 doesn't seem to get you much; I would add a splash of barb (+10% run speed, +3 Power Atk, 4 Rages), rog or bard (UMD), or wiz (+1 feat).
    Yep, those all work fine. I'd be nervous about barb, though; doesn't rage prevent spellcasting? This build casts a lot of spell all the time. (Cures + Divine Favor alone get cast frequently.)

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yep, those all work fine. I'd be nervous about barb, though; doesn't rage prevent spellcasting? This build casts a lot of spell all the time. (Cures + Divine Favor alone get cast frequently.)

    With 1 level of Barb you get a higher hit dice, run speed and access to the Sprint Boost (Not sure how the AP work for this however..)

    1 rage per shrine that will last about 45 seconds if i remember right?

    The rage is a tiny part of the splash

  17. #37
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand.
    I only meant that I am not a brand new player. But they is a great first life build.
    I think it would be an excellent build to try out a Half-Orc finally.

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Saves are terrible. I wouldn't enjoy running this build on EE. (Which I don't run.)
    Yea I am becoming less and less of a fan of EE. Too much work, and too many resources for too little gain. I generally only run with Guildies, IE people who I know have some skills and communicate and use tactics together. =)
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  18. #38
    Community Member Panzermeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Thelanis by way of Salt Lake City
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    With 1 level of Barb you get a higher hit dice, run speed and access to the Sprint Boost (Not sure how the AP work for this however..)
    You only get a higher hit die for the single level that you have barbarian. So that would only equate to about 4-5 more hit points. Rather insignificant at cap.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

    Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)


  19. #39
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I'd be nervous about barb, though; doesn't rage prevent spellcasting?
    Yes, so it would be an issue if you plan to heal w/CCW or renew short-term buffs like Divine Favor. OTOH, I'm pretty sure Rage would be shorter than your longer-term buffs, so if you drag a hireling around as much as I do, it becomes much less of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    1 rage per shrine that will last about 45 seconds if i remember right?
    Extra Rage bumps that up to 4 Rages per rest; Extend Rage will increase duration by 75%. Depending on CON, I would guesstimate you could get 8-12 mins. worth of Rage outta a barb splash if you have the APs for it.

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    OTOH, I'm pretty sure Rage would be shorter than your longer-term buffs, so if you drag a hireling around as much as I do, it becomes much less of an issue.
    I don't use hirelings except to pull levers in the few quests where that's needed. I do carry around 3 different DV hires but don't actually use them unless I need to get mana back while soloing.

    If bringing a hire for actual questing, may as well roll a pure 20 kensei. The purpose of the 8 cleric levels (or 7, which works fine too) is to not need a hire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I only meant that I am not a brand new player. But they is a great first life build.
    I think it would be an excellent build to try out a Half-Orc finally.
    Ah, gotcha. in retrospect, what you wrote clearly expresses that. My reading skills are iffy lately. heh.

    Yeah it's a fun easy build for heroic leveling, that's for sure. I see no issue rolling up a half-orc version. As I posted later on in the thread, I also abandoned the stalwart defender tree entirely in favor of the tier 4 warpriest ability that adds aoe heals to smite foe.

    I will say, though, that if it's possible to get a pale lavendar it helps out situationally quite a bit. Short of that, maybe 2 or 3 of those disposable scarabs with 50 absorption charges would suffice for a life. On the current life of this build I used the PLIS for the following:

    - Ghola Fan end fight
    - Ice flenser chest in threnal
    - The 2nd quest in the LoD chain, with all the reavers and drow casters

    I think that's it. Maybe a couple more, but those are the only times I remember equipping it offhand.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload