Default A Question about Cholthuzz

Good afternoon DDO mates. I was searching in the forums and googling for info about Cholthuzz but I didn't find anything solid.
    As this is the closest sub-forum related to lore, story, etc. I came here to make a simple quest.

Why the hell is Cholthuzz Lawful Good? Does that even make sense? An undead beholder Lawful Good.

I know some D&D scenarios have good liches and stuff, but an undead beholder? -_-
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Kyshara View Post
    Good afternoon DDO mates. I was searching in the forums and googling for info about Cholthuzz but I didn't find anything solid.
    As this is the closest sub-forum related to lore, story, etc. I came here to make a simple quest.

Why the hell is Cholthuzz Lawful Good? Does that even make sense? An undead beholder Lawful Good.

I know some D&D scenarios have good liches and stuff, but an undead beholder? -_-
    Simple. Welcome to Eberron. Nothing is black and white.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

It (can) make(s) sense in the Eberron setting since Eberron (as setting) does not really support alignment based on race, but race and alignment are completely unrelated to each other. That's to, say, Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance were (some) races almost always have a specific alignment.

So, for instance, while in Forgotten Realms the color red indicates a dragon to be neutral or chaotic evil, in Eberron only because a dragon is red does not mean it is evil at all.
    Characters on Sarlona: Ungnad (Morninglord, Wizard 17 / Favored Soul 2 / Fighter 1) -- Baerktghar (Dwarf, Paladin 18 / Fighter 2) -- Simulacruhm (Bladeforged, Artificer 16 / Paladin 3 / Wizard 1)

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other.
    -- Jascha Heifetz

Smile

Thanks for the answers

I really would like to read something deeper about Cholthuzz though.
    As my mind is totally Forgotten Realms+Ravenloft centered I can't really understand how a beholder can be Lawful Good >.<

Generally, your community indicates your alignment (it's about your culture). of course there are good drows in Toril, but meh.
    It's frustrating, I just can't explain how it's so "unacceptable" to my mind =/

Thanks though, mates
    --Cannith Player--

Main toon: Kyshara of All Trades (current 25th life - completionist/epic completionist) - Shadar-kai Wizard 15 FvS 3 Monk 2 (Getting SK PLs -_-)

FvS, I will be back soon

My EE FvS build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...S-Caster-Build

Thanks for the answers

I really would like to read something deeper about Cholthuzz though.
    As my mind is totally Forgotten Realms+Ravenloft centered I can't really understand how a beholder can be Lawful Good >.<

Generally, your community indicates your alignment (it's about your culture). of course there are good drows in Toril, but meh.
    It's frustrating, I just can't explain how it's so "unacceptable" to my mind =/

Thanks though, mates

i'll explain it this way:

- means that evey enemy we kill must be chaotic? are players the representation of holy,pure,and true rightness? (that goes for the lawful part, how do u react with "general law")

- and the good part, only indicates the own interpretation/application of law,order, etc

or in the shorter version: read more about cholthuzz, maybe devs left some clues about his real personality

btw, hope if u rp, at least respect others alignment, attacking a LG enemy being LG, only because ddo says so, should mean an alignment change (and in pnp lost of faith if being clr lol, or losing ur paladin skills, etc XDDDD)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

hmmm, i always hated the party mentality in P&P,
    Kill it! it doesn't have shinny scales! (Dragons)
    In Eberon, a person (humanoid or otherwise ) is judged differently.
    An Evil inkeeper might charge you 5% extra for the room to line his own pockets, a good aligned gold dragon might swoop in to eat your horse because he is that hungry, A vampire is king of a country and in general a good man (hidding his vampire features and posing as his own grandson), in stormreach a minataur is collecting romantic sonnets in his of time, do you have any idea how many evil humans i have killed so far?

Race and alignement aren't linked in here and even when they are they can still help/hinder you