Default Searching for Logon Server...

I seem to be having this issue this morning. Launcher gets as far as confirming my username and password, but then hangs on 20 attempts to search for the logon server. I haven't seen any other posts on the issue from others so I'm wondering if I'm the only one. Is this something that can be an issue on my end? I'm not an extremely techy type of person so I don't see how I can access everything else on the internet but the logon server while it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone else. I haven't made any updates or changes since last night when I was able to log on fine. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

I have had the same issue. Trying to log in for nearly 2 hours with the same message, it fails to even find the login in server 1/2 the times. When it does manage to log me in with username/password after selecting orien it gives you an error after the 2oth attempt to find a log in server.

Funny enough it has 0 issues connection to other servers.

2nd time it has managed to get by the attempts to find a server and has now been stuck at "Patching done" for over 30 minutes after loading subscription/character data.

Forgot to mention that through out the whole day I've had "Chat server disconnects/connects" and "Chat server is unavailable".

I was wrong. I can connect to some servers with no issues and not others. Clearly if I can connect with no issues to some servers this has to be a turbine issue, and of course it always happens on my days off.
    Last edited by Shocolate; 09-27-2013 at 04:48 PM.

As an update, I uninstalled and reinstalled DDO and that was no help at all. My other laptop in the house can access just fine so it doesn't appear to be an ISP issue. I'm really lost as to what the problem could be. I changed nothing since last night and this morning when I tried to log in again, but something must have changed somewhere. I turned off my firewalls and other protection programs and still no go. Is it possible it's an IP ban of some sort? Would it look like this if it was? I'd hope I'd at least get an email if I had disciplinary action against me, but nothing there. It is the Mabar season so I don't want to rule that out. I will try some other servers that I don't normally play on to see if it's a server related issue somehow.

Edit: Now this is starting to get very strange. My home server is Argonessen so that's the one I've been trying all day with no success. I've tried 3 separate accounts throughout the day and no access. I just tried 2 of my accounts and was able to access Wayfinder immediately. Is there someone with more tech knowledge than me that can explain what that means? Other people, even others using my internet connection on other computers in my house can access Argonessen just fine, but I seem to be unable to access that server on 3 different accounts on my computer, which were able to access it just fine on that other computer.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Update #3

So I did some testing with my two computers at home and had the following results

Computer A
    Account 1 can access all servers except Sarlona and Argonessen.
    Account 2 can access all servers except Sarlona and Argonessen.
    Account 3 can access all servers except Sarlona and Argonessen.
    Computer B
    All tested accounts can access all servers.

So at this point I'm trying to narrow down where the problem lies, whether it's on my end or with Turbine or somewhere in the middle. I can't logically justify in my head how one computer can have access to 6 out of 8 servers no matter what account is accessed while the other one, on the same network running through the same router and ISP has access to all of them. If it were on my end, wouldn't I just not have any access with the troubled computer? If it's on Turbine's end, how come only two people are reporting this odd issue. Why only Sarlona and Argonessen? Are those two servers stored at a location different than the others, such that an issue with the connection could effect only those two servers? Argo is my home server, but I've done nothing but a few favor runs on Sarlona and have no toons above level 2 there. All I can think of is that I've been IP banned from two specific servers for some reason I can't quite figure out. I'd be upset, but I'm more interested in knowing how something like this even happens. The problem has been going on for about 15 hours at this point. If anyone else is having this issue, please post with your experiences. I'd love a Turbine response, but I'm not really expecting one. I may call customer support at some point, but I want to know that it's not on my end before I waste the long distance charges.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-27-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Community Member

Same issue here. Can't log in to the server I always play on, Cannith. Can log in to Ghallanda just fine as a test. Haven't tried others.

Community Member

Hi.

I have the exact same problem. Yesterday I tried to log to my main server (Argonnessen) and got the "searching for logon" thingy with an error after all 20 attempts.
    I tested several other servers and those work just fine however I play on Argonnessen so the game is unplayable right now for me.
    My guess is that if I can connect and play on other servers and not on my main server the problem isn't on my end but on Turbine's end but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by cinzano8472 View Post
    Hi.

I have the exact same problem. Yesterday I tried to log to my main server (Argonnessen) and got the "searching for logon" thingy with an error after all 20 attempts.
    I tested several other servers and those work just fine however I play on Argonnessen so the game is unplayable right now for me.
    My guess is that if I can connect and play on other servers and not on my main server the problem isn't on my end but on Turbine's end but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    As another update to my first post, I was able to log on just fine after about 24 hours. Right now, I have no idea what was causing the issue. All I can suggest is to keep trying and hopefully your issue will fix itself after some time. This one is still baffling me. I made no changes to my computer before the issues started and made no changes between it being fixed again. I went to sleep one night, woke up and had wonky access. I went to sleep that night, woke up again and had full access the next day. I'm probably going to do my best to try to forget about it and chalk it up to what is hopefully an isolated issue. If it is something on Turbine's end, it's in their best interest to fix it. I noticed that many other game servers were up and running just fine during this situation and had it been longer than 24 hours, I may have made it through my withdrawal phase and just moved on to something else that had my interest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    As another update to my first post, I was able to log on just fine after about 24 hours. Right now, I have no idea what was causing the issue. All I can suggest is to keep trying and hopefully your issue will fix itself after some time. This one is still baffling me. I made no changes to my computer before the issues started and made no changes between it being fixed again. I went to sleep one night, woke up and had wonky access. I went to sleep that night, woke up again and had full access the next day. I'm probably going to do my best to try to forget about it and chalk it up to what is hopefully an isolated issue. If it is something on Turbine's end, it's in their best interest to fix it. I noticed that many other game servers were up and running just fine during this situation and had it been longer than 24 hours, I may have made it through my withdrawal phase and just moved on to something else that had my interest.
    The game seems to work for me as well after today's downtime.

Sent in a support ticket, got a response with a solution that worked, and am reposting it here (with their permission.)

Greetings ,

Thank you for your reply. Please open the userpreferences.ini file found in your Documents > Dungeons and Dragons Online folder, and within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

Exit the file and choose yes when prompted to save changes prior to launching the game to test these settings.

Note that if there is no change using 9000 in the above steps also try using the remaining ports in the 9000 to 9010 range sequentially, as doing so potentially might narrow down if a specific port addresses the issue encountered. Detail any results or
    whether the issue persists in your reply.

Thank you,

The Turbine Technical Support Team

Logged in fine a few hours ago. Came back to this same issue.

Thanks for posting your support ticket info. Changed it to 9000 and got in. No idea what's going on there.

Community Member

The problem came back today, solution from the support ticket worked.
    Thanks