Default So when is this U20 thing gonna hit us?

I can't be the only player who's in a complete holding pattern. Got the toons I care about up to 28, not going to TR anything until the ETR thing comes out because flushing away an EPL is just dumb (unless they truely are as bad as +1 AC, but we'll see).

Has there been an ETA posted yet so we know how long we'll have to wait?

There's no end-game, nothing to do at cap. TRing is pretty much all that's left other than not playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I can't be the only player who's in a complete holding pattern. Got the toons I care about up to 28, not going to TR anything until the ETR thing comes out because flushing away an EPL is just dumb (unless they truely are as bad as +1 AC, but we'll see).

Has there been an ETA posted yet so we know how long we'll have to wait?

There's no end-game, nothing to do at cap. TRing is pretty much all that's left other than not playing.
    Which is why so many people have quit.

Nothing to do at end-game, and TRing quickly loses its charm after doing two or three lives, especially when you were already capable of clearing any EE quest prior to doing any past lives. It's like... why should I bother? I don't need these rather miniscule boosts, and there is nothing to work towards at the end anyway.

They will have to make Epic Past Life feats as powerful as the Destinies themselves, or nobody will really give a damn and the game will not only remain as dead as it is right now but the attrition will also increase. If they are just new versions of the normal mediocre past life feats, i.e. +1 damage or +1 dc, people won't bother with them because the bonuses will not justify the time. But, if the bonuses are significant, such as auto-granting you things that normally require feat slots like Mental Toughness or Two Handed Fighting, then it will revolutionize builds and therefore encourage people to participate as they would be missing out if they didn't.

Bottom line is that the Epic Feats need to be borderline game-breaking in the way that EDs were, or people simply aren't going to bother. They are able to manage EE content without them right now, so the feats need to be great in order to make people want to come back to the game, want to keep playing the game, in order to acquire them.
    Last edited by djl; 10-14-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Hero

Probably right after then next Otto's box sale. I'm sure the changes will decrease their usage, so might as well try to sell as many beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Probably right after then next Otto's box sale. I'm sure the changes will decrease their usage, so might as well try to sell as many beforehand.
    I'd rather Otto's box be 1-8 after U20 heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless Turbine plans to change the Otto's stones to no longer work with XP boosting, which I haven't seen yet.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless Turbine plans to change the Otto's stones to no longer work with XP boosting, which I haven't seen yet.
    Considering the Bigby's stones were slightly less popular than congress I don't see that happening.

Turbine knows what people want to buy, people will not buy the nerfed stones.

They question is . . . will there be an "Epic" XP stone coming out since that's the whole focus now. Personally I think that's a terrible idea but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Considering the Bigby's stones were slightly less popular than congress I don't see that happening.

Turbine knows what people want to buy, people will not buy the nerfed stones.

They question is . . . will there be an "Epic" XP stone coming out since that's the whole focus now. Personally I think that's a terrible idea but who knows.
    I think slightly less popular is being kind, there are a few people happy with congress, I don't think anyone was happy with bigby's.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Which is why so many people have quit.

Nothing to do at end-game, and TRing quickly loses its charm after doing two or three lives, especially when you were already capable of clearing any EE quest prior to doing any past lives. It's like... why should I bother? I don't need these rather miniscule boosts, and there is nothing to work towards at the end anyway.
    I know I've pretty much stopped playing, what's the point? If I wanna mess around with the builder I can just use the character planner. Playing the game just isn't worth the hassle until they figure out what the hell the point of their game is and give players something to do other than re-play the game over and over infinitely, because that's not gonna cut it.

Community Member

i think the EPLs are gonna be well worth the wait.

i heard the martial past life will add to unarmed attack damage, the primal past life will add to unarmed attack speed, the divine will add PRR when centred and the arcane will add to ki regeneration

so yeah, well worth holding all your decent characters for now until that hits. might as well carry on and TR your gimps though, doesn't seem they will be getting any loving this update
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Well I got 6 characters capped and working on 7 and 8. Maybe 1-2 after that then not much to do. This epic tr thing does not really appeal to me unless they give me some end game to play so that there is reason to do an epic tr. Sagas have helped me a lot because now I can fill ee lfms. I also saw some ee lfms that were not saga related in anticipation of the 5k favor for +5 tomes I am guessing. Trying a crazy 12 barb 4 rogue 4 fvs build at the moment not sure about it because it can not quite heal it just has ameliorating smite and silver flame pots and have not run with a healer really so what have you.

Edit: I do like the smite a lot I wonder if someone could do some sort of healing ki/smite build - you know some sort of monk/fvs combination - that might be sick or something.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 10-14-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Well, considering U20 just hit Llama - I'd say it'll be near the end of November, first part of December, that we see U20 go live.
    I mean, they have a lot of feedback to ignore before it's ready for prime-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Well, considering U20 just hit Llama - I'd say it'll be near the end of November, first part of December, that we see U20 go live.
    I mean, they have a lot of feedback to ignore before it's ready for prime-time.
    Maybe after we can make stuff that *can't* go into bags appear out of thin air?

Around this same time this thing is capped.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Around this same time this thing is capped.
    Haha...-1 reflex save

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Haha...-1 reflex save
    Meh. It'll have >60 at endgame, even though I won't really use it. (This is just 1/5 toons that exist to give me moar loots - they're all pretty much raise/buff bots incase something goes wrong. :3)