Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

There's quite a bit of content in the 1-5 range that has you fighting non-coporial enemies. I personally found this extremely annoying when I was a newb. Ghosttouch was all well and good(took me all of 2 seconds to figure out that it existed and what it did), but as a prefix it was very annoying as it meant I couldn't have a nice damage prefix.

So moving ghost touch into a suffix was a very useful improvement... for the first 5 levels or so. By then you're past easily 80% of the ghosts and its really no longer a problem.

I agree with bringing the others back, but I don't think the new ones are a fail. Ghostbane is way better than Ghost Touch. Riposte is way better than parrying. Deadly is nice (accuracy if you really need it I guess, but I'm a monk currently so can't really say lol). Dodge and fortification are much more accessible now. Now that they are fixed, it is easier to get elemental resistance. Deathblock got nerfed, but the old Deathblock is still accessible on named items and through crafting.

I do hope these get added to Cannith crafting, the old stats come back to lootgen. I also hope they bring back non-upgrade tomes because upgrades are nice but annoying if you get one you want only too need the several steps in-between. I'd be mad if I got a +4 upgrade tome of jump and having to get +1, +2, and +3 to get there :P.

I'd like to see Lacerating back :/ Pre U19 I got a qstaff ML12 with it.. I was looking at AH to see if there was something like it but with higher ML.. Yes, there were some.. The lowest price was about 500k o.O I'll probably keep that qstaff till level 20..

Yeah new manager is what I think. New manager who never played DDO before more like it and never played D&D either. But it's not his fault, it's the fault of the person/board who PUT that manager there in the first place.

And I don't miss lacerating as much as riptide, riptide was cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    I agree with bringing the others back, but I don't think the new ones are a fail. Ghostbane is way better than Ghost Touch. Riposte is way better than parrying. Deadly is nice (accuracy if you really need it I guess, but I'm a monk currently so can't really say lol). Dodge and fortification are much more accessible now. Now that they are fixed, it is easier to get elemental resistance. Deathblock got nerfed, but the old Deathblock is still accessible on named items and through crafting.

I do hope these get added to Cannith crafting, the old stats come back to lootgen. I also hope they bring back non-upgrade tomes because upgrades are nice but annoying if you get one you want only too need the several steps in-between. I'd be mad if I got a +4 upgrade tome of jump and having to get +1, +2, and +3 to get there :P.
    Ghostbane is better than ghost touch, but ghost touch is a +1 prefix while ghost bane scales up, but never gets to the power to enhancement ratio that undead bane used to. Yes it's great on low level items, but it's utter trash on higher level items. It doesn't scale well. From my understanding the entire point of this new system was to add scalable abilities, but they failed if they don't understand the proper ratio needed in order to make loot useful in higher levels. Also Riposte suffers from the same problem. You could have superior parrying on weapons starting around level 21 and on bracers around the same level. You can't get the same +4/+4 bonus out of Riposte until level 28 with masterful craftsmanship (if that) and even then, it's only on weapons where it's nearly as useless as it was before. I also don't see how deathblock got nerfed unless you play only pale masters. It's available at the same level as it was previously and also comes with some extra negative absorption as well. I will agree that both dodge and fortification seem to show improvements, but for your other points, I'm just not seeing what you're seeing.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    And I don't miss lacerating as much as riptide, riptide was cool as hell.
    +1 riptide handwraps of stunning +6. I assure you - good times were had with it.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Ghostbane is better than ghost touch, but ghost touch is a +1 prefix while ghost bane scales up, but never gets to the power to enhancement ratio that undead bane used to. Yes it's great on low level items, but it's utter trash on higher level items. It doesn't scale well. From my understanding the entire point of this new system was to add scalable abilities, but they failed if they don't understand the proper ratio needed in order to make loot useful in higher levels. Also Riposte suffers from the same problem. You could have superior parrying on weapons starting around level 21 and on bracers around the same level. You can't get the same +4/+4 bonus out of Riposte until level 28 with masterful craftsmanship (if that) and even then, it's only on weapons where it's nearly as useless as it was before. I also don't see how deathblock got nerfed unless you play only pale masters. It's available at the same level as it was previously and also comes with some extra negative absorption as well. I will agree that both dodge and fortification seem to show improvements, but for your other points, I'm just not seeing what you're seeing.
    I'd much rather have the damage from misses with some of the effects of parrying, at least as long as AC is effective (otherwise yeah, late-game Elites I'd rather have +4 parrying). I know what you are saying though. That's why I said bring the old prefixes/suffixes back too.

Deathblock looks nerfed, and I'm not the only one that thinks that (have heard discussions about it). Maybe I'm reading and understanding it wrong. New DB says Negative energy absorption yes, but says you are immune to magical instant death. Old DB says you are immune to all death spells and magical death effects. So you could be right. It'd be nice if it wasn't so ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Yeah.

The Ghostbane suffix is interesting, and so is Rapid Strikes, but I'm kind of sick of seeing them...

Where's maiming, puncturing, wounding, virulent poison, fiery detonation, most of the other banes, metalline, pure good, righteousness...? The list could go on and on--

If this is a design choice, you guys are messed up, EVEN if this is temporary while you work out the new itemization tables.

If this is an oversight on someone's part, then someone in QA or coding is most likely incompetent.

If this is a mistake, it isn't a small one. It's HUGE. Something that should be red flagged. Fix it.

If this is WAI, let me know so I can quit playing.
    Also sick of seeing ghostbane and rapid strike/shot. All my weapon loot gets sold its all useless but will they listen to us - NO. I now make all my weapons. Mybe that was the point of the rubbish weapon drops. All the other items are great but weapons SO SO SO borring.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Also sick of seeing ghostbane and rapid strike/shot. All my weapon loot gets sold its all useless but will they listen to us - NO. I now make all my weapons. Mybe that was the point of the rubbish weapon drops. All the other items are great but weapons SO SO SO borring.
    My tinfoil hat thought the same thing too, but why wouldn't they improve crafting than?

In all honesty though, they really do need to do something about the variety of loot and durability and to fix ghostbane or bring back ghost touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    My tinfoil hat thought the same thing too, but why wouldn't they improve crafting than?

In all honesty though, they really do need to do something about the variety of loot and durability and to fix ghostbane or bring back ghost touch.
    I wish they would improve crafting. Yes please more loot variety. Rebal,Greater Good,Divine Light,Desert Sun and others i cant remember have all gone out of the loot table.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12