Hybrid View

Default I miss the old item prefixes and suffixes. Bring them back.

Yeah.

The Ghostbane suffix is interesting, and so is Rapid Strikes, but I'm kind of sick of seeing them...

Where's maiming, puncturing, wounding, virulent poison, fiery detonation, most of the other banes, metalline, pure good, righteousness...? The list could go on and on--

If this is a design choice, you guys are messed up, EVEN if this is temporary while you work out the new itemization tables.

If this is an oversight on someone's part, then someone in QA or coding is most likely incompetent.

If this is a mistake, it isn't a small one. It's HUGE. Something that should be red flagged. Fix it.

If this is WAI, let me know so I can quit playing.

This is something that will never happen.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

The new system of lootgen is a complete fail in my opinion. Bring back the old affixes. Keep some of the new if you must. Give me back my +4 tomes and +5 upgrade tomes on level 27+ loot (or at least tell me what I need for it now). Put +4 and higher tomes back in raids. Have a talk to the person or persons in charge of this whole fiasco and let them know that I personally am very disappointed in them for implementing a bad system that is only half done and has completely undocumented tome changes that only serve to frustrate and infuriate when communication is nil on the subject.

Right now I have no interest in anything loot gen and it's impacting my desire to want to play at all in an environment that has demolished any raiding endgame as well. You had it right with MotU lootgen. Why you decided to "fix" something that only needed minor tweaks at best is beyond my logical comprehension.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

There was plenty of chatter on this at release and Feather did chime in that at least *some* of those pre/suffixes would return Specifically mentioned were stat draining ones if I recall correctly.

I was not a fan when I saw the changes, and, even though I am generally very positive of what the devs do, I still don't care for the changes on the whole. I do like the cursed items and the diversification of enchantments to slots. Those are good. But the simplification of enchantments and the tiered system... I really dislike it.

Even if there is more overall power in the items now, there is very little diversity and the tiering mech makes them feel very generic. Yes, I am sure a Frost V of Hearteseeker V doohickey is a very nice weapon, but I'll be much more excited by my widget of the crusader or the thingamajig of the sun's fury. I REALLY hope we get back there. Although, I will say that on caster items, at least, it hasn't really been a problem. (Caster items were always bland.)

So I just find myself hoping that what we currently have is a new base on which much building will happen. And naming.... please bring back (revamp/ whatever) the naming.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Woot, stat draining, completely useless since ehard. Yes, bring it back. But not the others.

Fluffy pre- and suffixes like auroral and a thousand suns hurt this game and people leave, because they have to read descriptions now instead of *lame pre-/suffix name [insert roman number]*.

On the one hand they generate superb new areas with love for details and fantasy and on the other hand they mess with iconic fantasy traditions like cool names for your items.

FoS take your lame cappy off and return the cool stuff! Yes, I am angry. No, I won't ragequit. That made it too easy for you to mess again without people recognizing those bad decisions.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

I'd like them back as much as everyone else, but most of them probably won't came back again (I guess it will be just like what happened with mithril/adamantine/darkleaf loot: keep your old ones, because you'll never see them popping up again).

The loot changes in u19 where a complete fail imho (although I liked the other changes they did in u19, in general)

Definitely need more variety. Need something that will actually do damage to ghostly skeletons and IQs incorporeal monsters. Also, I'm lucky if I can make it through a quest without my Q-staffs breaking and taking permanent damage after every quest. This goes for named and random. Is it just the staffs or are there other non crafted weapons that this is happening too?

You know the ghostbane thing was added, according to the devs, because of newbies not being able to kill undead. I have to wonder though: Which undead? I mean, if it was the ones from Delaras, ghostbane solves nothing and the newbies that don't understand they need a good weapon to hurt them will still be just as turned off from the game. If it is margeruite in the catacombs wiping newbies out wholesale, again ghostbane won't help there. If it was the vampire boss in church and the cult or the necropolis 1 or 2, then ghostbane still wont help much as they need silver to break the DR. If it is mummies, thenghostebane really doesn't help the newbie as they are likely not killing them because they are paralyzed with fear and getting mummy rotted. In fact ghostbane will only help with the easiest of undead, so I can't even see it as being a solution to the problem.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-27-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by A3oN95 View Post
    The loot changes in u19 where a complete fail imho (although I liked the other changes they did in u19, in general)
    See... I think it is a bit early to call it a complete fail. If what we have now is the end product, then yes. But if what we are seeing is stage 1 of the revamp, then okay... let's just point out where our concerns are.. And I think pretty universally the complaints are A) lack of variety, and B) the tiered naming scheme is bland and feels fake.

On that second point, let me put it this way. Can you picture someone charging into battle yelling "I will strike you down with my Frost IV longsword!" ?
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

I had been hoarding random loot for some time(mostly anything -of the sun/sun's fury), so I am set for a while. That being said, the new loot system is terrible on just so many levels...

I get that ghosts were a problem for lower-level players, but they weren't for higher levels(especially not with all the ML 11/13 wearable items that gave you ghost touch. This may be a dumb question but why not just make more of those?

Where it really ****es me off though is just basic damage types. I had a couple of +1 Boreal weapons that were Ml8(yay!), thats 2-12 frost damage on an ML8 item. I dare you to show me a "Frost III" weapon that's ML8. They just don't generate under the new system. And yes I know Frost III actually does slightly more damage as its 3-12 instead of 2-12, but that's kind of my point: you have to go all the way to Frost III to get that potential 12 damage.

Night's Grasp, Coruscating, Boreal/Blazing/Caustic/Voltaic were all great, and here is the most important thing of all: you could search for them on the AH. If you want a cold damage weapon now, you have to search Frost and mouse over every single item until you find one thats more than Frost I or has a decent suffix - they don't appear to BE generating without suffixes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Yeah.

The Ghostbane suffix is interesting, and so is Rapid Strikes, but I'm kind of sick of seeing them...

Where's maiming, puncturing, wounding, virulent poison, fiery detonation, most of the other banes, metalline, pure good, righteousness...? The list could go on and on--

If this is a design choice, you guys are messed up, EVEN if this is temporary while you work out the new itemization tables.

If this is an oversight on someone's part, then someone in QA or coding is most likely incompetent.

If this is a mistake, it isn't a small one. It's HUGE. Something that should be red flagged. Fix it.

There was three threads I found about this after U19 release. FoS did make a comment on one of the three We are now at Patch 19.2 and nothing; Double . If they were trying to implement Pure Good (and every other pre/suffix they removed) into Roman Numerals they have had their chance. Not to mention the horrible distribution of said pre/suffix's, although it may be that their is so few of them it just makes them look uneven.

Then there is the ungodly rare chance to get smiting, disruption, vorpal, banishing, and ability tomes and it just drives players to get upset. Further complicating all of this is the silence of the developers, not just FoS. So I feel your pain because I am feeling it also but I won't quit. Probably play less though as I have already begun doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    Yeah.

Also sick of seeing ghostbane and rapid strike/shot. All my weapon loot gets sold its all useless but will they listen to us - NO. I now make all my weapons. Mybe that was the point of the rubbish weapon drops. All the other items are great but weapons SO SO SO borring.

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Also sick of seeing ghostbane and rapid strike/shot. All my weapon loot gets sold its all useless but will they listen to us - NO. I now make all my weapons. Mybe that was the point of the rubbish weapon drops. All the other items are great but weapons SO SO SO borring.
    My tinfoil hat thought the same thing too, but why wouldn't they improve crafting than?

In all honesty though, they really do need to do something about the variety of loot and durability and to fix ghostbane or bring back ghost touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    My tinfoil hat thought the same thing too, but why wouldn't they improve crafting than?

In all honesty though, they really do need to do something about the variety of loot and durability and to fix ghostbane or bring back ghost touch.
    I wish they would improve crafting. Yes please more loot variety. Rebal,Greater Good,Divine Light,Desert Sun and others i cant remember have all gone out of the loot table.