Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    My work around was, on my FvS, to file tickets and call support until I finally got a GM to push me to 20 so I could TR out of it.
    oh sweet I'm going to TR FVS next and have a GM push me to 20 so I can TR out of it too...Thanks

Community Member

Created a ticket last night to get a GM to address my enhancement reset cost or at least give me some info.

When I asked what my enhancement reset cost SHOULD be he said, "I have no idea."
    When I asked how long I'll have to wait before my cost gets back down to normal (i.e. what the decay rate is) he said, "The word around here is 3 days, but I really don't know."

He then asked if there was anything else he could help me with and before I could finish typing my response he closed the ticket. I hope the guys acting as GMs are paid to do something else and GM responsibilities are just an afterthought, because otherwise that is a complete waste of money. I've had good luck with support in the past but this was just awful.

If anyone has some concrete data on what the costs and times surrounding enhancement resets are SUPPOSED to be, that would be very helpful information. Needless to say I'm out another 200k plat. Definitely can't keep that up for long.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And that is the point. There used to be a 3 day timer...now there's not, but the cost is whats limiting. You're still not "supposed" to just be resetting your enhancements willy-nilly. Its possible, now, unlike before - just prohibitively expensive. Even moreso on high-level characters, where ostensibly you have enough AP to flesh out something close to your "final" build and dont have to take something that works "in the meantime" like you might before you can access/afford the top-tier skills.

No one ever promised that the EP would change enhancements to a sandbox. Besides, the game needs more plat sinks anyway....

That being the one exception, but I'd rather see them fix the broken trees than just make it cheap enough to reset as a workaround.
    Preventing someone from playing by "Jacking Up" the price to test an online product is **** poor logic. So what if the guy wants to reset his enhancements when he wants to? Why should he be frickin' penalize through cost to do? If that continues a company WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS (i.e. Turbine)!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    With the enhancement system so new, I like to experiment with different enhancements to see how they work in game. However, IMHO, resetting your enhancements is way too expensive at higher levels! If you try out an enhancement and realize you didn't really like it, you're faced with a fairly high cost to pick something else. Also, if there is decay in the cost, I'm not sure I've noticed it. It seems like my cost goes up every time I try to reset.

Shouldn't the developers want us to experiment with all of the new enhancements they put a lot of time and effort into? If so, then why make it difficult / painful to do so? I just don't get it.
    because they want you to spend the buy and spend shards to do it by making the plat price insane... duh...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    There is always Lamma land. Where better to test?

Free TP.
    Free plat.
    Free XP.

Copy your character, run your tests, then adjust your real one accordingly.
    Brilliant! IF the character copy tool is working, and IF Lamm is actually available and IF these are happening at the same time.

I'm sorry, did I say "brilliant"? I meant "useless, ill-considered suggestion".

Enhancement reset should cost a total of Number of Points Reset * 5 GOLD pieces. Every reset in a 7-day period increases the cost by 10%. Going 7 days without reset kicks the price back down to base.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilar View Post
    Preventing someone from playing by "Jacking Up" the price to test an online product is **** poor logic. So what if the guy wants to reset his enhancements when he wants to? Why should he be frickin' penalize through cost to do? If that continues a company WILL LOSE CUSTOMERS (i.e. Turbine)!!
    I hate to break this to you, well, really, I really don't, but there was always a plat cost to reset enhancements, since as far back as I can remember, and nobody I know rage quit because of it. I don't recall seeing any rage quit threads about it either.

I deleted most of my low level drow characters, and got a point refund for purchasing it on my alt account because my altaholism was kicking in, and I wanted to try my idea right now. Why? Because in order for the build to play out the way I wanted it to, I was going to have to reset my enhancements every time I logged in to play it. So I'm all for fixing the enhancement trees to work properly, and don't really care if a game mechanic that's been in place for as long as I remember stays WAI. You want to reset your enhancements before every quest, that's cool with me, just fork over the plat to do so.

Community Member

It's called a "plat-sink".

Welcome to MMO's.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ice584 View Post
    If anyone has some concrete data on what the costs and times surrounding enhancement resets are SUPPOSED to be, that would be very helpful information. Needless to say I'm out another 200k plat. Definitely can't keep that up for long.
    This is the most recent thread or info I've found on this. I assume no one knows the above or has a good idea of what the appropriate decay rate should be? I have one tree (with 33AP spent) that was at 204k nearly two weeks ago and is now still at 198k (all other trees are similarly decaying not very much at all). (Fyi half-orc rog/monk/dr).

Normally, I would agree that the fees are expensive... but I don't believe they are anymore for the following reasons.
    A) Every cost requirement storywise is in gold not plat. So if you need to bribe the assassin for Return to Delera's or buy another bank slot or whatever it is you are spending cash on, it uses gold wheareas the economy runs on plat. This is like dollars existing but everyone in the world buys and sells in cents.
    B) You can log on roll a dice and get 1000 plat for doing absolutely nothing. Ridiculous, I'd say. But its the world we live in.

These two things alone make copper and silver a completely outdated concept by sheer means of the engine itself... just the left over remnants of a time when you had to quest or trade or at bare minimal provide some useful service to someone to be paid or rewarded.

Some things are so far out of proportion that the outcome is laughable. My weight bar says I can carry 8 tons on my person. 8500+ pounds.
    Utter nonsense.
    ...But, I digress.

I don't think the costs are too high. I think it seems high because its in plat when 99% of things using plat currently should be in gold. Plat is traditionally reserved for buying castles and estates, not everyday purchases. There is your real problem. In a balanced world rolling your daily dice and getting 1pp should result in a jaw drop like "Whoa... thats a lot of cash!" The system is out of whack and has been for too long.

End the Fed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123