Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default Because Sometimes it's Not All Bad

    I just wanted to share a great Customer Service experience I recently had.

    Of course there's tons of stuff that can go wrong with a game such as DDO, but sometimes Turbine gets it right. And because there is no shortage of folks calling them on it when it goes pear shaped (often rightfully, and occasionally not so much so), it's always nice to show the positive sometimes.

    The other week after rolling-up a Purple Dragon Knight, and not being too keen on her hairstyle, I decided to go to my standby female hair style from the DDO Store: the Spunky Bun. I don't know what it is about it, but I think it's the best looking from the back and seems to frame the face so well...but enough about my sense of fashion.

    So I open the store and click on the Spunky Bun, open my inventory, and prepare myself to see if it holds up to the PDK's enormous head. A few seconds of sparkles and popping sounds, and my jaw drops! I've never seen this hair style...and I never want to again...definitely not the Spunky Bun! So I go back to the store, thinking I must have clicked on the worse hair style button instead and slowly put the Spunky Bun into my cart. More colorful sparkles ensue, and the same thing happens again. Curses!

    Not content to just wear a helmet, I once again open the store and get a hair style reversal potion. So I'm 160 TP down, disappointed, and wondering why we can't just have preview hair colors and hair styles, like we do for armor now. At first I thought that I'd just let it go, but then I figured I would give some feedback and hopefully get my points back. So I submitted a bug report and here's the result...

    Greetings ,

    Thank you for your inquiry. I have reviewed your account and I am happy to assist you with a refund. I have processed a refund of 160 Turbine Points to your account for the hairstyles that you purchased. Also, I will be glad to forward your feedback along
    to the appropriate team.

    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email and I will be happy to assist you.

    Thank you,

    Customer Service Agent

    SpectreVortex
    Sometimes...they get it right
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  2. #2
    Community Member Sleepsalot-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I just wanted to share a great Customer Service experience I recently had.

    Of course there's tons of stuff that can go wrong with a game such as DDO, but sometimes Turbine gets it right. And because there is no shortage of folks calling them on it when it goes pear shaped (often rightfully, and occasionally not so much so), it's always nice to show the positive sometimes.

    The other week after rolling-up a Purple Dragon Knight, and not being too keen on her hairstyle, I decided to go to my standby female hair style from the DDO Store: the Spunky Bun. I don't know what it is about it, but I think it's the best looking from the back and seems to frame the face so well...but enough about my sense of fashion.

    So I open the store and click on the Spunky Bun, open my inventory, and prepare myself to see if it holds up to the PDK's enormous head. A few seconds of sparkles and popping sounds, and my jaw drops! I've never seen this hair style...and I never want to again...definitely not the Spunky Bun! So I go back to the store, thinking I must have clicked on the worse hair style button instead and slowly put the Spunky Bun into my cart. More colorful sparkles ensue, and the same thing happens again. Curses!

    Not content to just wear a helmet, I once again open the store and get a hair style reversal potion. So I'm 160 TP down, disappointed, and wondering why we can't just have preview hair colors and hair styles, like we do for armor now. At first I thought that I'd just let it go, but then I figured I would give some feedback and hopefully get my points back. So I submitted a bug report and here's the result...



    Sometimes...they get it right
    I have had good results when I called CS Always got helped.. Putting a Ticket has been 50/50 but over all most things have worked out..

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,762

    Default wow

    Wow, grats. Ill freely admit that i wouldve called you crazy for thinking you could get your points back.

    Im impressed with how this was handled, i hope noone sees this thread that might fire him for it, lol.

  4. #4
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada / G-Land
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Pics, or it didn't happen.

  5. #5
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Wow, grats. Ill freely admit that i wouldve called you crazy for thinking you could get your points back.

    Im impressed with how this was handled, i hope noone sees this thread that might fire him for it, lol.
    I was surprised as well! It took about a week, and I was ready to give up when I checked my purchase history yesterday and didn't see the refund. Then I received the email last night...pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

  6. #6
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    Yay! I'm happy you got the service!

    I wonder if it is the very enormity of the head that caused the problem. LOL It possibly deformed the mesh in weird ways. Many many years of weird things going on with sims I have noticed meshes go crazy with a little provocation, and that enormous head is a lot of provocation.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    23,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    ...<snip>



    Sometimes...they get it right

    Very cool, Myrddinspunkybunman.


    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    So I open the store and click on the Spunky Bun, open my inventory, and prepare myself to see if it holds up to the PDK's enormous head. A few seconds of sparkles and popping sounds, and my jaw drops! I've never seen this hair style...and I never want to again...definitely not the Spunky Bun! So I go back to the store, thinking I must have clicked on the worse hair style button instead and slowly put the Spunky Bun into my cart. More colorful sparkles ensue, and the same thing happens again. Curses!

    Not content to just wear a helmet, I once again open the store and get a hair style reversal potion. So I'm 160 TP down, disappointed, and wondering why we can't just have preview hair colors and hair styles, like we do for armor now. At first I thought that I'd just let it go, but then I figured I would give some feedback and hopefully get my points back.
    After the first didn't do what you wanted you should have checked your store purchase history rather than buying a second. Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing repeatedly expecting different results? Well anyway, glad they got your points back, and i hope your character is now wearing a helmet..

  9. #9
    Community Member Myrddinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Wow! I even got a "you're welcome" and "please let me know if I can help any more" email back after my thanks response.

    Again, sometimes they get it right
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload