Default Some thoughts for the Devs

1. Please bring Sagas back as Soon as Possible and without wiping our progress so far {I personally ran all the GH Walkups {Cabal NOT Cruci} on Heroic Elite The other Night and don't want to lose these.

Punish the Guild{s} that took advantage of the Highly Probable Exploit - Should be easy enough to notice any guild that gained 10+ Levels in a Single Day and Simply remove Double those Levels from them!

Specify the Exact Exploit - There seems to be a Lot of Speculation that is confusing in the extreme and pushing people to make suggestions that could be very bad for the game.

e.g. I DON'T want to FINALLY get to my Saga End Reward only to see it Nerfed into Oblivion - Making These Renown Rewards Immune to Renown Boosts is in my view TERRIBLE!

If the issue is about people grabbing MULTIPLE End Rewards then this should NOT even be considered as it's NOT the problem in the First Place!
    If the Issue is that certain Very Small Guilds had 6 players on at the same time - all with boosts - and earned a Super High amount of Renown - I say One: Well Done!
    Two: No way did they Earn enough to get from 70-80 in the time shown just from that!

TBH it's really getting to the point now that ALL True Exploits should be Closed Dev Threaded onto these Forums with Severe Warnings above and below of the penalties associated with using these Exploits in Future!

Also: Any Known Exploits SHOULD most definitely be heavily Tested For long before an Update goes Live!

2. Quests and Packs I'd like to see given the Epic Treatment:

-Shroud - This has been available on Lamannia from time to time - Just do a Pass on it and set it at Lvl 27 {17-20 with Lvl Cap 20 = 27-30 when we get Lvl Cap 30!}.
    For Loot Rewards - Simply Make Ingredients Drop in Much Greater Numbers from Epic Shrouds
    LEAVE SHARDS in Heroic However so that Heroic still gets played and so that those of us who wish to TR early don't have to wait till we've done Epic Shrouds!

-Tempest Spine - Set it at Lvl 24

-Reaver's Refuge + SoS - Set it at Lvl 27-28

-Epic Classics Pack - Stormcleave Outpost, Redwillow's Ruins, Gwylan's Stand and Caverns of Korromar! - Set them at Lvl 22

3. Hirelings:

I'm pretty sure you'll have read my many views on Hirelings on these forums - I feel that I've been moderate and concise on my wishes BUT specifically I simply want more choice!

A) I was extremely irritated when instead of making each hireling more different you chose to homogenize their Weapons and Armour {Now you've gone and put them in kits - some of which look ridiculous: especially that Bikini on Flower!}

B) When you added in FavSouls {and to some extent Bards} you forgot that at a number of Levels we already have Two Clerics available to choose from - At some Levels it came down to the Cleric with DV vs the Cleric without {adding the FavSoul gave nothing extra and in many cases the FS was significantly worse than either Cleric!}
    Looks like More choice but in fact ISN'T!

At other Levels we have very little choice on Hirelings indeed!

Let's look at Lvl 1 alone for now:

Melees - Fighter/Paladin/Barb + Rogue

2 Barbs -
    Byron Scoutsword {WF} - Much better now - Absolutely adore the Falchion!
    Grommisk Axehead {Dwarf}
    Both have exactly the same Enhancements on their Bars!

2 Fighters -
    Steel {WF}
    Virgil Anvilhands {Human}
    Virgil is Significantly superior but neither equal the usefulness of the Barbs which pale in Comparison to Clerics and Rogues {more of which later}.

1 Rogue -
    Riana Montague {Halfling} - Superb Trapper - Not bad in a fight either - Gold Seal Only of course.

Now - Byron and Virgil are available in Korthos, Grommet and Steel aren't!

Again lack of Choice!

Divines incl Bards:

1 Bard -
    Alphar Fairwood {Elf} - Inspire Courage, Cure Light, Fascinate and the Pointless Diplo!

Not bad tbh - Might want to swap in Weapon Swap Option instead of Diplo though - Something Like Long Sword/Shortbow in the vein of the Hireling Stay/Follow command

3 Clerics -
    Dryad Willowisp {Elf} - Who Doesn't Love Willowisp?
    Breven Boulderfist {Dwarf} - Pretty good in my experience BUT NOT AVAILABLE IN KORTHOS!
    Chalice {WF} - USELESS!

1 FvS -
    Clara Eidhart {Human} - Really no point - The Bard's just as good a choice if you really don't want a Cleric Hire!

Biggest issue is again the fact that of these ONLY ONE is available in Korthos {Dryad Willowisp} - By the time the majority of Newbies hit Stormreach they're looking at Lvl 2 or even 3 Hirelings!

Casters:

2 Sorcs -
    Kurgal Powermonger {Dwarf} - Bluff, Niac's, Magic Missile, Diplo
    Wow - Does he really need both Bluff and Diplo? Pick One!
    Swap the other for Weapon Swap {Quarterstaff/Light X-Bow}
    Change Niac's to Nightshield to give him some survivability
    Change MM to Acid Spray.

Elizabeth Cinder {Human} - Magic Missile, Burning Hands, Diplo, Summon Monster I
    We'll assume for now that she's using Scrolls of Summon Monster I

1 Wizard -
    Rillyn the Bold {Halfling} - Acid Spray, Magic Missile, Shield, Diplo
    Seems to be rather a lot of Halfling Wizards on the Hireling List.

Yet again Only ONE of these Hires is available in Korthos - Elizabeth!

Now you could simply add all the Lvl 1 Hires to the Korthos list but frankly that would just lead to confusion amongst newbies {especially as a lot of the choices are ephemeral in the extreme!}.

Elizabeth as things stand is clearly superior to Kurgal and Inferior to Rillyn.
    No-one in their right mind would choose a Lvl 1 WF Cleric Hireling with absolutely no amp whatsoever!
    And the FvS is simply one healer too many!

So this gives you a simple way to fix the higher levels where Hirelings are rare.
    All you have to do is Level up certain hirelings at each level and suddenly things are much better for everyone.

My Suggestions:

Fighters/Barbs/Paladins

Keep Steel and Byron at Lvl 1 {one Fighter, 1 Barb} - Put them Both in Korthos AND in the Harbour.

Move Virgil and Grommet to Lvl 2 - Put them Both in Korthos as well as in the Harbour.

Move the Lvl 2 Paladin - Venrick to Lvl 3

Move the Lvl 3 Barbarian - Frenzy to Lvl 4

Now Move each Fighter from Lvl 4 - Kurik to Lvl 10 - Anvil up one Level!

Leave Lvl 9 Paladin - Calleigh Hale where she is as she'd be a good alternative to the upgraded Fighter - Tower!

At Lvl 11 we have 2 Fighters:
    Castle {basically a not quite so good version of Anvil} and Mikayl {everybody's favourite DDoor Clickie}

Leave Mikayl where he is as a foil to Anvil and Upgrade Castle to Lvl 12

Hesha the Stern can remain at 12 to provide a fleshy choice.

Leave Dwarf Paladin - Riswald the Pure at Lvl 13

Move Human Fighter - Murphy Athenry up to Lvl 14

Leave the WF Barbarian - Rage at Lvl 14

Move the Dwarf Fighter - Norax Silversmith up to Lvl 15

Move the Dwarf Barbarian - Gorgal Orc-Hewer up to Lvl 16

Move Elf Fighter - Quintesia Velassa and WF Barbarian - Kern: Killer of All up to Lvl 17

Move Halfling Paladin - Tini Brightlight, Human Fighter - Herta and Dwarf Barbarian - Arnal Swartz {you're so funny Turbine} up to 18

Move Human Barbarian - Helga Talltower, Elf Fighter - Lanalos Oakwood and WF Paladin - Full Metal up to 19

Move WF Barbarian - Club, WF Fighter - Slash and Dwarf Paladin Uma-Stone-Fist up to Lvl 20 {Give them EDs}

Move Lvl 20 Halfling Paladin - Vilgo Ghostbreaker up to Lvl 21 {with ED}

Move Lvl 21 Dwarf Fighter - Rovegar Half-Axe to Lvl 22

Move Lvl 22 WF Barbarian - Sledge to Lvl 23 {Btw why so many WF Barbs?}

Move Lvl 23 Elf Fighter - Sadielle to lvl 24

Move Lvl 24 Human Ranger - Tarlov Snowtrack to Lvl 25 and Fix his Enhancements please!

Once you've done this you can go back and add in more Barbs, Paladins and Rangers at the Lower Levels where they could come in handy as choices.
    AND
    You could wait a few weeks while people test the hirelings before upgrading certain of those Lvl 18-20 Hirelings a second time - No real need for 3 Melee Hirelings at each of those levels and there's a distinct lack of Epic Hirelings as things stand!

You already know my thoughts on Divines BUT frankly it boils down to something very similar to my Melee list above.
    The Same goes for Casters!

Sufiice to say that in my Opinion - Chalice {Currently useless at Lvl 1} should be upgraded to Lvl 2 ASAP!
    Also:

Erythyn Veridyn to Lvl 4
    Maloren to Lvl 5
    Kendra to Lvl 6
    Mareth to Lvl 7
    Laerathor to Lvl 8
    Marissa to Lvl 10
    Fayden to Lvl 11
    Arkyn to Lvl 12
    Miranda to Lvl 14
    Tempys to Lvl 15
    Jatrina to Lvl 16
    Isadora to Lvl 17
    Natasha to Lvl 18
    Ayron to Lvl 19
    Heystack to Lvl 20 {with ED}
    Klin to Lvl 21 {with ED}
    Wyoh to Lvl 22 {with ED}

And that's just a Start!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 09-26-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Community Member

In before the lock. Fairly sure that even hinting at what the exploit was will get this thread deleted. Hope you copied the rest of your thoughts elsewhere so you can re-post. Thanks for the info about the exploit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    In before the lock. Fairly sure that even hinting at what the exploit was will get this thread deleted. Hope you copied the rest of your thoughts elsewhere so you can re-post. Thanks for the info about the exploit though.
    The DEAD Exploit you mean?

And actually - Just like everyone else I'm theorising from what I've read on these forums - All I'm asking for is that the Devs specify these exploits once they're fixed/taken down and the repercussions for using them if they return in the future.

In fact all that the current Turbine Policy on Exploits does is provide people with the Ignorance Defence i.e. I didn't realise it was an Exploit Guv...Really.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The DEAD Exploit you mean?

And actually - Just like everyone else I'm theorising from what I've read on these forums - All I'm asking for is that the Devs specify these exploits once they're fixed/taken down and the repercussions for using them if they return in the future.
    oh, I agree with you. covering up dead exploits seems something sleezy politicians do. I see no reason dead exploits shouldnt be discussed here. Just saying i think turbine frowns on talking about exploits. If we pretend they dont exist, then they dont and never did... A search on google or on "the alternative ddo forums" turns up good information about exploits anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    oh, I agree with you. covering up dead exploits seems something sleezy politicians do. I see no reason dead exploits shouldnt be discussed here. Just saying i think turbine frowns on talking about exploits. If we pretend they dont exist, then they dont and never did... A search on google or on "the alternative ddo forums" turns up good information about exploits anyway.
    Most players in-game Never even hear that there's been an exploit until it's already been fixed and even then they don't get more than a basic idea of what people were doing.

Meaning that the next time that exploit comes round they get to use the Ignorance Excuse and the next time and the next ad infinitum!

Most people in-game don't even come to THESE Forums and frankly if they're unwilling to take the flak THESE Forums give out then they're gonna take one look at the so called "Alternative" and run away screaming!

You can Google most things but again this just leaves Turbine open to the Ignorance Defense - Only the most dyed in the wool cheats and Turbine Employees should be trawling Google looking for DDO Exploits!

Frankly it's simply time for Turbine to man up and Set up a Stickied {Closed} thread just like the Known Issues {Only BETTER!} thread that lists EVERY Known Exploit that has been fixed or taken down a quest/saga whathaveya.

At the Top of this Stickied Thread AND at the Bottom they can State the repecussions for using any of these exploits if they were to reappear in-game and many more people would know to let Turbine Know that one of these Exploits had Turned up yet again so that Turbine could fix it quicker!

Even when Cordovan, Tolero or another Dev notes that something isn't WAI on these forums they rarely if ever state that it would in fact be considered an Exploit - Why is this?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post

Even when Cordovan, Tolero or another Dev notes that something isn't WAI on these forums they rarely if ever state that it would in fact be considered an Exploit - Why is this?
    While I won't get into why X might be considered an exploit, when Y isn't (Incidentally, this thread has rapidly turned into a discussion on exploits and sadly will likely be closed), whet gets to me is that when we finally do get a dev response on whether X is working or bugged etc. they give almost no information.

"X is not WAI"

Is bloody useless to players.

"X is not WAI, what it should be doing is A, B, C and D, what it appears to be doing is F,G and T, this will be fixed in the future yadda yadda"

Tell us how it's supposed to work, so that we can actually test it when you say it's fixed.

The same thing is true when they make changes to Feats, Enhancements or abilities.

Tell us what it's supposed to work with and what it's not supposed to work with.

Before I clicked on this thread I knew it would be about hires or wilderness areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Before I clicked on this thread I knew it would be about hires or wilderness areas.
    I've given up praising Wilderness Areas in my own threads - I'll save that for other people's threads!

Mainly when it comes to Wildernesses I'm just astonished at the horrible newer wildernesses {everything since MotU}.
    Not forgetting that both Red Fens and Cannith Manufactory didn't hit the spot either!

The last truly Great Wilderness would be either Orchard or Vale in my View {Amrath's a bit below those two}.

Oh and yes I've said it often enough but I do Loathe Gianthold Slayer!