Community Member justfortheforums's Avatar

Default Caster Level Issues

I am having some problems figuring out where the caster level on my cold spells should be so i am hoping for some clarification here.
    My sorc is a level 22 water savant, if i am figuring correctly i should be casting cold spells at level 35
    (The breakdown)
    5 from the core enhancements
    2 from the Elemental Apotheosis: Water (it states +1 passive and and extra +1 in form)

4 Draconic Incarnation , Currently level 3
    2 White dragon spell knowledge

That's a total of +13 to caster level of cold spells, so at level 22+13=35, but when i cast any cold spell the combat log reads You begin to cast *whatever* at level 32 i am wondering how i am missing 3 caster levels, or how i am figuring it wrong.
    Towahn, Tassill, Taylene, Takarra, Teroh, Trevil, and Malket
    On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Quote Originally Posted by justfortheforums View Post
    I am having some problems figuring out where the caster level on my cold spells should be so i am hoping for some clarification here.
    My sorc is a level 22 water savant, if i am figuring correctly i should be casting cold spells at level 35
    (The breakdown)
    5 from the core enhancements
    2 from the Elemental Apotheosis: Water (it states +1 passive and and extra +1 in form)

4 Draconic Incarnation , Currently level 3
    2 White dragon spell knowledge

That's a total of +13 to caster level of cold spells, so at level 22+13=35, but when i cast any cold spell the combat log reads You begin to cast *whatever* at level 32 i am wondering how i am missing 3 caster levels, or how i am figuring it wrong.
    To start, epic levels don't count, only levels in the sorcerer class. So, it'd be 20 + 13, not 22. Not quite sure how you get the 4 from draconic if you are level 3 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdinus7 View Post
    To start, epic levels don't count, only levels in the sorcerer class. So, it'd be 20 + 13, not 22. Not quite sure how you get the 4 from draconic if you are level 3 in it.
    Okay even so at level 20 it should be caster level 33 and its 32. and the core abilities of the destiny are 0,1,2,3 so you have four at level 3 you get the first core ability free when you make that destiny active.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by justfortheforums View Post
    Okay even so at level 20 it should be caster level 33 and its 32. and the core abilities of the destiny are 0,1,2,3 so you have four at level 3 you get the first core ability free when you make that destiny active.
    It doesn't really matter anyway. Spells are capped and max caster levels are bugged. So all those extra caster levels are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Most_Shady View Post
    It doesn't really matter anyway. Spells are capped and max caster levels are bugged. So all those extra caster levels are worthless.
    I know that most cold spells say they are capped at level 25 but in addition to adding caster levels the abilities also add to the maximum caster level, so it should work out, i didnt realize that the system was bugged i didnt see it on the known issues list