Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any word on fixing the drow racial tree?

Its not in the release notes nor is it listed in the known issues.

Are there any fixes for this tree in the works?
    /sigh

What exactly is broken in it? I have a drow pure arti I was going to go thru and redo/work on tommorrow with the lr 20 / ep and want to know what to look out for.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    What exactly is broken in it? I have a drow pure arti I was going to go thru and redo/work on tommorrow with the lr 20 / ep and want to know what to look out for.
    Pretty much everything apart from the stat modifiers from the core line. Everything else I've tried doesn't work or stops working after you have logged out. You then have to reset your enhancements to get them to work again. (sometimes the points are automatically refunded sometimes not) I've only tried this on 20+ level characters, I think someone mentioned in one of the many posts about this issue that it might be related to post 20 play.

Of note. There have been many posts and bug reports filed about this but the Devs still don't seem to be aware of it. Someone needs to find a way to exploit it so we can finally get a dev response and a fix, as while its only having a negative impact on players its not going to be a priority.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LupusVai View Post
    Pretty much everything apart from the stat modifiers from the core line. Everything else I've tried doesn't work or stops working after you have logged out. You then have to reset your enhancements to get them to work again. (sometimes the points are automatically refunded sometimes not) I've only tried this on 20+ level characters, I think someone mentioned in one of the many posts about this issue that it might be related to post 20 play.

Of note. There have been many posts and bug reports filed about this but the Devs still don't seem to be aware of it. Someone needs to find a way to exploit it so we can finally get a dev response and a fix, as while its only having a negative impact on players its not going to be a priority.
    I doubt it's got something to do with being 20+, as my drow is only level 15 (and first-life, if that matters). At every log out/log in Venomed Blades, the SR boosts, Short Sword bonuses, and Ambidexterity stop working. Then I have to reset the tree twice, because the first time only removes half the points. The stat boosts and Darkfire seem to be working fine, not sure on Venom Lore as I haven't paid it as much attention. It's also become expensive enough that I've shelved the character. If the enhancements aren't going to be fixed for a while, can something at least be done about the reset costs!?

So I hadn't been noticing any problems, so I logged into my FvS to verify, and even the core enhancements are not working. According to the core enhancements, I should have 35 SR, I have 29. Since base SR is 10, with an increase of 1 per level, and she's currently 19, that's correct, except that, with all the core enhancements from the tree, I should have 35. 29 +6 from the core enhancements. I reset the tree, and reapplied them, and sure enough, I had 35 SR, I then logged out and back in, and it's 29.

Note that it takes two attempts, at full price, to reset the Racial enhancement tree, so right around 7k plat per attempt to make this character play like it's supposed to.
    Last edited by Ashlayna; 09-26-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Sorry for the bump, sort of, but I really would like to keep this on the front page. I don't want to pay plat every time I want to play one of my Drow characters, especially when the reset button only resets about half the enhancements, so you have to do it twice.

Community Member

It doesnt surprise me any its still broke, Considering that most of my toons are drow, and either two weapon fighters or int based casters, this racial tree flub up of a failure is really starting to **** me off.

DROW are a pay for race, I have met many new comers to DDO who have indeed payed to unlock them across all servers. Drow indeed probably due to drizzt are quite popular even outside of actual D&D player circles. Infact they may be bigger drow fans then many actual D&D players.

Imagine if all warforged racial perks, or half elf racial perks where not working.( aside from the warforged abilities that got nerfed already ofcourse), and how many would be ****ed.

Sure my drow are all on the server I actually unlocked them on via play long long ago in the way back, but I did buy access to them later on for being able to roll them up on alt servers to dabble on.

Im really just truly just losing all hope with Turbine, this is a far bigger priority then imo almost anything else broken in the game atm. A racial enhancment line totally bugged out to the point of being useless when all other trees seem to at least work on a basic lvl is just unacceptable.

Seriously the fact they fixxed the end reward bug on Von part 1 before this is just BS imo, I dont care how much easier a fix that might of been, I want every single dev who works on code working on making drow work before anything else NOW.

Otherwise I might as well just not log in rather then play a race already burdened with the label of the newb 32s now being so blatantly gimp by most gamers standards soon drow will be totally excluded from parties.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    Sorry for the bump, sort of, but I really would like to keep this on the front page. I don't want to pay plat every time I want to play one of my Drow characters, especially when the reset button only resets about half the enhancements, so you have to do it twice.
    I am being extremely annoyed by this bug atm. So back to the first page this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by alceste007 View Post
    I am being extremely annoyed by this bug atm. So back to the first page this goes!
    I dream of a day when we don't have to constantly bump bug threads to the first page until we get acknowledgement that it's actually broken and getting fixed at some point. Until then, keep on bumping.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I actually broke down and bought Drow on my alt account because I was having an altaholism attack, and wanted to make it right now. I got those points refunded today. Unfortunately, the character posted in the screenshots is a second lifer, so I can't just delete it and start over to get away from the broken race. I'm going to be forced to either play it broken, or spend the plat before I play. This is not something I should have to do. Passive enhancements are set it and forget it as a rule, hence passive. So how about it, can we get some acknowledgement?

Community Member

I would like to chime in here, and mention that I play a Drow Paladin (I know, I know, but usually I'm not sorry) and lately I have been sorry. I must admit, I hadn't even noticed the problem with the racial bonuses not working, but I only have the bottom row (I'll need to keep an eye on the SR), and the charisma boost does work (when it is chosen). I AM playing post 20 (25th level), and my racial points get unspent every time I spend a point in an ED or gain a level in that ED. I also lose my PALADIN healing amp every time I die (it is still spent in enhancements, but does not work). Resetting the tree does work, but it is expensive. Logging out and then back in seems to work also, but it is a HUGE PITA. Unfortunately for me, he is my main, and, with great reluctance, I have shelved him for now. I would really like to see an acknowledgement from a Dev that this is a problem that they are working on.

I will admit, I have not bug reported this, but even with the new bug reporting system I have never managed to get a bug report submitted yet, so I'll keep trying, but in the mean time, it would be nice if a Dev could respond here....

...Drow are broken? Great. Guess I finally have a reason to TR my craftbot Tempest into a human Artificer.

I'm gonna miss those sweet crafted rapiers, too.
    .:Sarlona - ELH:. Inamorata (TR11 Completionist WIP) / Groundloop (TR2) / Signalmixer (TR) / Serraphiia (TR)
    Angelorum (TR) / Darqchylde / Aetherielle / Rashree / Colordepth / Wintremoon / Tarrynn
    Amarizi / Genozid / Arising / Tenpercenter / Ellixia / Zecele / Harika / Lainiel / Zephale

Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post
    I would like to chime in here, and mention that I play a Drow Paladin (I know, I know, but usually I'm not sorry) and lately I have been sorry. I must admit, I hadn't even noticed the problem with the racial bonuses not working, but I only have the bottom row (I'll need to keep an eye on the SR), and the charisma boost does work (when it is chosen). I AM playing post 20 (25th level), and my racial points get unspent every time I spend a point in an ED or gain a level in that ED. I also lose my PALADIN healing amp every time I die (it is still spent in enhancements, but does not work). Resetting the tree does work, but it is expensive. Logging out and then back in seems to work also, but it is a HUGE PITA. Unfortunately for me, he is my main, and, with great reluctance, I have shelved him for now. I would really like to see an acknowledgement from a Dev that this is a problem that they are working on.

I will admit, I have not bug reported this, but even with the new bug reporting system I have never managed to get a bug report submitted yet, so I'll keep trying, but in the mean time, it would be nice if a Dev could respond here....
    As you can see by the screenshots I provided, the stat mod works. In fact, when I reset the trees, it resets those, and then I have to reset the tree again to get the SR so I can reapply them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post

I play a paladin as well, my main, and the healing amp breaking everytime I die until I log out (I'm to cheep to reset the enhancements) I agree a total PITA!

My GF was going to TR her bard into a drow... We'll have to hold off on that until this has been resolved : /

You wanna talk screwed? I'm leveling a drow bard. At least my AP choices are easy - just avoid the things that are broken (cough cough)
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    You wanna talk screwed? I'm leveling a drow bard. At least my AP choices are easy - just avoid the things that are broken (cough cough)
    Which are those =P

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    The "bright" side to your dilemma is the core stat enhancements actually do work. The SR, and some of the enhancements up the tree don't. It leaves me sitting here wondering how many failed saving throws I wouldn't have failed if SR had been working as advertised, instead of just not working at all.

Shameless bump, because I would really like to be playing my main right now, but I'm tired of paying plat to have it work the way it's supposed to.

Community Member

I'd love to see this fixed so that my drow can participate in mabar.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    I'd love to see this fixed so that my drow can participate in mabar.
    I'd love to see this fixed so my Drow can participate in anything w/out me having to spend plat to do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast