Community Member

Default Can I craft a [prefix] onto an [Armor or Outfit] of Invulnerability?

...cuz Lifeshield [Armor] of Invulnerability would be teh kewlz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    ...cuz Lifeshield [Armor] of Invulnerability would be teh kewlz.
    Yes you can build a set of armour to be this if you start with a blank. You can't take a randomly generated loot item from a chest that has invulnerability and add lifeshield, but it doesn't take much crafting skill to make what you suggest. I've done it and it is nice for a couple of levels.

But with the changes to the ML value of invulnerability, lifeshield of invulnerability armor isn't what it used to be.

It's now ML10 without masterful craftsmanship, and you should be looking at a replacement for your armor of invulnerability around then.

If you are an outfit wearer, pajamas to look at:

Frozen tunic (From Cannith Challenges)
    Garments of Equilibrium (From attack on stormreach pack)
    Quicksilver Cassok (from sorrowdusk isle pack)
    Giantcraft Robe (from ruins of gianthold pack)

If you're a warforged, you might just want to find yourself a http://ddowiki.com/page/Blademark%27s_Docent instead awesome piece of twinky gear
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

my armor of invulnerability is ml2

use 1 base (no need to be bta lol) with ml1 to craft it with ml2

grab a absolute ml4 version and craft +1 of invulnerability on it, ml will be 4 yet

also http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/Shard_Details says it only goes to weapon/shield
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    But with the changes to the ML value of invulnerability, lifeshield of invulnerability armor isn't what it used to be.
    I was really disappointed when I realized the ML on my BtA LSoI robe went up by 3 under U19.
    Quicksilver Cassok (from sorrowdusk isle pack)
    If you've got a shared bank, this one is pretty great, because it's still BtA (unlike so many other older items which became BtCoE) and has a blue augment slot. So pop in a Heavy Fort sapphire and you've basically got the perfect ML:8 outfit for all your monk-based melees.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    If you've got a shared bank, this one is pretty great, because it's still BtA (unlike so many other older items which became BtCoE) and has a blue augment slot. So pop in a Heavy Fort sapphire and you've basically got the perfect ML:8 outfit for all your monk-based melees.
    Heck, I wear that on all my melees period until 18 (when I sub in the Fabricator's Gauntlets). Striding, melee alacrity, and a blue slot? Just outstanding!

I keep 3 of these around. 8 has heavy fort, 12 has good luck +1, 16 has PRR. That coincides with some gear choices I've got on other stuff on every character or bta: level 8 that's the easiest way to get heavy fort, level 12 you can swap to minos so you don't need the fort, level 16 I have a BTA ring of the buccaneer that's nice for filling out dex as well as giving the good luck so I can swap over to PRR. When I got to 18 on my most recent melee I retired the cassock, swapped to cannith boots of propulsion and fabricator's to replace feather falling boots of resist and dex gloves slotted w/ strength gem (lost 1 dex but what you gonna do?), and crafted a life shield of superior stability light armor with a blue slot for PRR. The fabricator's lose a bit of their luster in that setup since I don't need the resist...they're basically just +6 str and melee alacrity, but it's hard to slot in melee alacrity with the competition for the neck and trinket slots.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue