Thread: Cosmetic: Hair

Default Cosmetic: Hair

How about a Stormreach Hair Salon: dyes and styles for pp or as.
    How about including hair styles in chest drops.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Cool idea

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk_City View Post
    How about a Stormreach Hair Salon: dyes and styles for pp or as.
    How about including hair styles in chest drops.
    Also it would be cool if the shop sold cosmetic armors and such too. The mirror is terrible in the Harbor shop. There are better mirrors in the game, i.e. Blockade Buster, Delerium, etc. A new shop could feature a better mirror for sure.

The hair styles is a good idea too. Many toons look very similar and it would be nice to have more custom looks.

I have the following dyes if anyone is interested ina trade:
    • chestnut
    • snow
    • charcoal
    • silver
    • slate
    • rose
    • steel
    • blond

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default A preview button for hair.

All the Hair styles that are in the ddo store need a preview button. I used to buy these and was always disappointed by what I bought. The description and the little icon that is shown is nothing like the final product. They also need more of them. Right now the selection is very small to choose from and they all look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    All the Hair styles that are in the ddo store need a preview button. I used to buy these and was always disappointed by what I bought. The description and the little icon that is shown is nothing like the final product. They also need more of them. Right now the selection is very small to choose from and they all look terrible.
    ^this...tenfold

Luckily I was just refunded the 160 TP that I spent on a hair style for an Iconic character, as it seems the hair styles do not work and what you end up with is not even a regular choice in the store, and definitely not an attractive one. I tested 2 different hair styles (Spunky Bun and Tattooed Mohawk) and both yielded the same ugly hair style (certainly not what I paid for).

Being able to preview cosmetic armor was a huge leap forward, but I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet for hair dye and styles.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Signed as well.

Some of the resources that go into companions can surely be used for hairstyles. I would like standard hair styles, too. (only available at character generation so far)
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    ^this...tenfold

Luckily I was just refunded the 160 TP that I spent on a hair style for an Iconic character, as it seems the hair styles do not work and what you end up with is not even a regular choice in the store, and definitely not an attractive one. I tested 2 different hair styles (Spunky Bun and Tattooed Mohawk) and both yielded the same ugly hair style (certainly not what I paid for).

Being able to preview cosmetic armor was a huge leap forward, but I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet for hair dye and styles.
    Odd, I used a hairstyle on a Shar Kai (sp?) recently. I couldn't buy one for him, but I had one sitting around that I'd won in the old raffles.

On topic, though, yes to more hair cosmetics. Yes to a preview option.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Yes to a preview option.
    Past due for this to happen. You want my TP/$ then let me try before I buy.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zdragonz View Post
    all the hair styles that are in the ddo store need a preview button. I used to buy these and was always disappointed by what i bought. The description and the little icon that is shown is nothing like the final product. They also need more of them. Right now the selection is very small to choose from and they all look terrible.
    /signed. Asap!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.