Community Member

Default Lethality and Manslayer Interaction

Lethality: Assassin Level 18 Core Ability
    Lethality: Any sneak attack that also counts as a vorpal strike (attack roll of 20 followed by critical confirmation) that you make will kill most living targets.
    From Epic Ring of the Stalker
    Manslayer: While wearing this item, your weapon attacks gain the devastating ability to defeat a humanoid opponent with a single decisive blow. On an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit a humanoid target will be killed. Powerful humanoids may resist the vorpal strike and instead take 100 points of damage until they have been sufficiently weakened.
    Just curious how these two interact. Do they 'stack' in that something not killed by lethality still takes 100 damage? Does Lethality overwrite it? Trying to decide how to gear up my rogue at end game...most of my melee's have the Epic Ring of the Stalker but if they don't stack this toon will probably want to go another direction.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Lethality: Assassin Level 18 Core Ability

From Epic Ring of the Stalker

Just curious how these two interact. Do they 'stack' in that something not killed by lethality still takes 100 damage? Does Lethality overwrite it? Trying to decide how to gear up my rogue at end game...most of my melee's have the Epic Ring of the Stalker but if they don't stack this toon will probably want to go another direction.
    Yes, they do "stack". When you have that enhancement active along with a Manslayer item effect equipped, you can see two untyped damage of 100 points of damage flying through the damage UI. Before you ask, i am sure its not just a double striked 20 roll (tho it CAN happen ... seen a doublestriked 20 roll on my acrobat, so its been a really pretty image to see 4 sets of 100 damage)

enjoy!
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post
    Yes, they do "stack". When you have that enhancement active along with a Manslayer item effect equipped, you can see two untyped damage of 100 points of damage flying through the damage UI. Before you ask, i am sure its not just a double striked 20 roll (tho it CAN happen ... seen a doublestriked 20 roll on my acrobat, so its been a really pretty image to see 4 sets of 100 damage)

enjoy!
    Awesome, thanks! I know a lot of people go with other rings but it's hard to find any other rings that add 5 damage per attack on average.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Awesome, thanks! I know a lot of people go with other rings but it's hard to find any other rings that add 5 damage per attack on average.
    just dont forget that manslayer works only for humanoid races
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post
    just dont forget that manslayer works only for humanoid races
    Yeah, I've got some other rings I swap in when I face other races depending on the toon/situation. Tricky part is finding a ring that has effects that you like but don't need that covers the times you don't need manslayer.