Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default +2 BtC Tome for 1750 Favor

Greetings,

I hit 1750 favor on my 2nd life and got a reward list of +2 stat tomes and they are all Bind to Charecter (BtC). On my first life I managed to get up to all +3 stat tomes. I cannot use it (tried to just get rid of it). Unable to sell or move to another toon. I will probably just destroy it.

Although its a nice reward, it seems pointless to give rewards a player cannot use. My suggestion is to make them Bind to Account or have no restrictions at all.

However, I was and still am, greatful for getting a +2 Dex tome on my first life.

Sincerely,

Livmo

The +2 stat tome IS kind of a waste once you reach a certain point and have tomes for everything already. Maybe instead they could give you a choice of rewards in addition to tomes. Maybe a large collectable bag, a large gem bag, an augment bag, stacks of potions, guild exp, etc.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Greetings,

I hit 1750 favor on my 2nd life and got a reward list of +2 stat tomes and they are all Bind to Charecter (BtC). On my first life I managed to get up to all +3 stat tomes. I cannot use it (tried to just get rid of it). Unable to sell or move to another toon. I will probably just destroy it.

Although its a nice reward, it seems pointless to give rewards a player cannot use. My suggestion is to make them Bind to Account or have no restrictions at all.

However, I was and still am, greatful for getting a +2 Dex tome on my first life.

Sincerely,

Livmo
    This is an issue with all of the total favor rewards. Once you've unlocked drow,veteran status(4), favored soul, or veteran status(7) once any future unlocks on other toons/lives (on that server) are useless.

The tome is actually the only one that at least has potential for some use the next time you earn it. (Even if you just crunch it into purified dragon shards)

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Lor

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    This is an issue with all of the total favor rewards. Once you've unlocked drow,veteran status(4), favored soul, or veteran status(7) once any future unlocks on other toons/lives (on that server) are useless.

The tome is actually the only one that at least has potential for some use the next time you earn it. (Even if you just crunch it into purified dragon shards)
    I think Lor is on to something with the bags suggestion and it would couple well with your post. Maybe different reward lists after the 1st life and have it contain other goodies like the bags, etc. once you have unlcoked the stuff already there.

Community Member

how about they just let you buy tomes WITH purified dragon shards? Even if it was like 10 shards per stat point, itd at least let you convert and combine unusable tomes to useful ones.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    how about they just let you buy tomes WITH purified dragon shards? Even if it was like 10 shards per stat point, itd at least let you convert and combine unusable tomes to useful ones.
    I'd be for this idea.

I'd also settle for just making the 1750 Favour Tomes BTA, at least we could use them for new characters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    The +2 stat tome IS kind of a waste once you reach a certain point and have tomes for everything already. Maybe instead they could give you a choice of rewards in addition to tomes. Maybe a large collectable bag, a large gem bag, an augment bag, stacks of potions, guild exp, etc.
    yes! a nice source for decent sized bags!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    I'd also settle for just making the 1750 Favour Tomes BTA, at least we could use them for new characters.
    /signed to that idea. And I don't even play any other characters, but it'd be amusing to get lots of +2 tomes on my bank mules.

Just add +3 Upgrade and +2 Base/+3 Upgrade Skill Tomes.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.