Hybrid View

Thumbs up Yet another FvS build request

Hey guys I am looking for a FvS build because there is only 1 "healer" type character in the guild that I play in, so I thought it would be good to have another one just in case type of thing. I have never played one so this is very new to me so please be gentle, now with that said here is the sort of thing I am looking for:

• Probably going 18/2 FvS/Pally for the boost to saves since those are king now though would not be adverse to a pure build either but I think the splash is the way to go.
    • 32pt build starting at lvl 7.
    • Mostly a healer and buffer though not much on offensive casting since this will be a first lifer so I doubt the DC's will be high enough.
    • DPS wise not sure if S&B is the way to go or TWF, certainly going heavy armor for the PRR and as much protection as possible unless you can think of something better.
    • I want LOTS of UMD!
    • Not many tomes available but I do have a good amount of Platinum if the need arises to buy them from the AH (though at current prices I would rather not).

That's about it really could really use a good leveling order and feat selection if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Stoner81.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Not to promote my build too much, But it's worth giving a look at. For 32 point I would go, S 16, D 8, C 16, I 10, W 8, Cha 16. Level ups in Str. Drop Completionist for Empower/Empower Healing, Drop Epic tougheness (unless you plan on a mabar +5 tome) for something else.

I almost hate to call it a build. As it is just clean and effective. There isn't much complex in how it's built, but can be demanding playing.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ope-Melee-Soul
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Nice looking build you have there and that is the sort of thing I am looking for I think, like I said this is very new to me since I have never played the class before.

Demanding playing in what way? Just a lot to keep track of all at once?

Stoner81.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Nice looking build you have there and that is the sort of thing I am looking for I think, like I said this is very new to me since I have never played the class before.

Demanding playing in what way? Just a lot to keep track of all at once?

Stoner81.
    Well demanding while in groups sometimes and alot of times in raids while healing and meleeing. It is alot to keep track off to make sure your own short-term buffs are kept up, to watch red bars and pay attention to the screen to make sure you are not standing in a trap . Being a melee divine has always been kind of busy, but I like it. It is certainly not for everyone. But, it is really fun to keep up on heals and contribute meaningfully to the groups DPS. My own experience, if getting in overhead or folks are getting beat up alot, falling back to healing mainly is not a bad recourse. Falling back to healing to the point you are guzzling SP pots is a bad recourse. Knowing that balance is something that comes with time.

These are alot of factors that just depend on the group you have, the quest/raid you are running and sometimes just the luck you seem to be having that night.

Generally speaking, in 6 man groups or easier raids I remain in Fury. Sometimes I will modify a Twist to take Renewal and/or Cocoon as they are both cheap means of suppling HP. ATM so far CITW and FoT are the only times I swap back to EA for more SP. Even then I still use Renewal and Cocoon as primary single target heals for folks at about 65% Single Target Heal for those at 50%. And liberal use of Divine Wrath when applicable. Shoulder Cannon (Archon) really fuels this nicely.

One cruel sounding thing I can recommend is to pug your divine alot. Nothing, I mean nothing will sharpen your skills (or make you quit ) then being the healer in pug runs. It can be really frustrating at times, so don't do this to the point you get burnt out on the class. But, it will really make or break you. I do hope for the making point (we can use more divines on Cannith ) and if I can help otherwise lemme know.

Edit to add:

The one thing I like the most about this build to date. It can take a beating. When things are going well you can stand toe to toe with the other melee swinging away, casting masses as needed. If things are bad or you are a lone healer in a tougher raid, you are not a fragil lil thing if some random mobs come up on you. Has proven it's value even moresoe then anything else.
    Last edited by Braegan; 09-25-2013 at 08:47 PM.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Yeah thanks for the help and advise and I really really appreciate it! I will no doubt be picking your brains about this build What levels did you do the split in, I assume FvS at level 1 then possibly Paladin at 2 but beyond that no idea.

EDIT - Answered in the thread posted above so no worries

Stoner81.

Community Member

One consideration, although very impractical for leveling, is to aim for maxed Charisma/Con - and go for no save dps through Divine Punishment, Avenging Light, low level light spam and the Exalted Angel destiny. Typically keeping 3-4 light ray abilities on cooldown, and building charges for Divine Wrath ( massive nuking aoe that heals as well. Regular crits into the 3-4k range).

This style of play also suits the shiradi destiny for some strong EH soloing. Especially on a build that's mostly considered 'support'.
    With relatively easy farmed gear, I sit at 4k sp, near endless sp for soloing EH/Easier EEs, and saves of nearly 60 with minimal buffing.

It is however, very uncomfortable to play without the destiny abilities, and something like the above melee 18 soul/2 paladin would be far stronger in all heroic content and most soloing at epic.

The charisma/light dps build makes a fantastic group healing however, and although some will probably jump on me here to scream 'healers aren't needed ever'.. sometimes it's a very important and quite fun role. I'd also recommend pugging on divines heartily. It does a lot to help out learning the role, and very fast too.

Just some thoughts. I'm currently playing this build on my fvs, and although improvements could be made I very much agree that Divine DCs require way too much of an investment for it's return currently.
    Last edited by Kyodaemon; 09-26-2013 at 11:37 PM.