Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 89
  1. #61
    Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    One Question, Why can only elves fight with finesse?

    and no because elves are useless otherwise is not a reason.
    I consider Displacement and additional damage to Balizardes and Pinions to be reason enough to use elves without even looking at the dex to damage stuff.

  2. #62
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Oh I'm not saying it works I'm saying it SHOULD work...its coded wrong right now.
    it is not coded wrong

    as far as melee weapons it works with slashing and piercing type weapons and not weapons that deal slashing or piercing damage but are bludgeoning

    piercing weapons:
    Dagger
    Heavy Pick
    Light pick
    Rapier
    Shortsword

    slashing weapons:
    Bastard Sword
    Battleaxe
    Dwarven Waraxe
    Falchion
    Greataxe
    Greatsword
    Handaxe
    Kama
    Khopesh
    Kukri
    Longsword
    Scimitar
    Sickle

    If your not equipped with one of these slashing or piercing weapons while centered your not going to inflict ninja poison

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    948

    Default

    My guess is that it was difficult to get it working with Vorpal Strikes, so they changed that to be WAI.

    This sort of thing seems to happen a lot with unarmed Monk stuff.

    Geoff.

  4. #64
    Community Member Daitengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    My guess is that it was difficult to get it working with Vorpal Strikes, so they changed that to be WAI.
    That would be quite stupid as they could have known before introducing Sting of the Ninja.

  5. #65
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    That would be quite stupid as they could have known before introducing Sting of the Ninja.
    just was never intended to work with wraps its was intended to work with slashing and piercing weapons.

    Basic Ninja Training: You are proficient with short swords and treat them as Ki weapons. While you are centered, you can use your Dexterity modifier to hit with piercing and slashing weapons.

    Sting of the Ninja: Weapon Stance: You poison your weapon with a secret mixture. While you are centered, your piercing and slashing weapons inflict your foes with a stack of Ninja Poison on critical hits. (Cooldown: 3 seconds)

    it effects weapons just like basic ninja training does not add dex to damage on ivy wraps

    notice where it says "weapon stance"

  6. #66
    Community Member Daitengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Still stupid because vorpal fists make fists slashing. Any sane person would expect a slashing weapon to be a slashing weapon.

    Second there are no good epic kama. With shuriken its even worse. And shortswords? Hm the better ones are alignement restricted. So what are we going to use this with (outside 8 fighter splash)?
    Last edited by Daitengu; 09-29-2013 at 05:28 PM.

  7. #67
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    Still stupid because vorpal fists make fists slashing. Any sane person would expect a slashing weapon to be a slashing weapon.

    Second there are no good epic kama. With shuriken its even worse. And shortswords? Hm the better ones are alignement restricted. So what are we going to use this with (outside 8 fighter splash)?
    it does not change the basic weapon type of handwraps from bludgeoning to slashing it changes the damage for DR purposes.

    I have already stated that the damage type is irrelevant only the weapon type.

    I can use the same argument as you here ....any sane person would expect a bludgeoning weapon (handwraps) to be a bludgeoning weapon.


    you can use this test as an indication of weather or not Sting of the ninja will work with a weapon of not.

    does weapon X works with Improved Critical slashing/piercing = YES / NO

    this may be your opinion that this is stupid however this is not a bug this is WAI

  8. #68
    Community Member Diyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    it does not change the basic weapon type of handwraps from bludgeoning to slashing it changes the damage for DR purposes.

    I have already stated that the damage type is irrelevant only the weapon type.

    I can use the same argument as you here ....any sane person would expect a bludgeoning weapon (handwraps) to be a bludgeoning weapon.


    you can use this test as an indication of weather or not Sting of the ninja will work with a weapon of not.

    does weapon X works with Improved Critical slashing/piercing = YES / NO

    this may be your opinion that this is stupid however this is not a bug this is WAI
    This. Like I said before, it's clearly not a bug. The description changed and now does exactly what the description says. I'm annoyed Sireth doesn't work anymore (it did before and by the description before, it did not appear to be a bug, it seemed to work like pulverizer does: checks the damage type being dealt).

    It may not be a bug but I don't think its right. I can live with it not working with vorpal strikes (as that kind of makes it just work for any old handwraps), but it seems stupid to screw over the exceptionally typed weapons.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

  9. #69
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    this may be your opinion that this is stupid however this is not a bug this is WAI
    But it doesn't work on bows.

    They're effected by improved crit ranged, but they're definitely piercing weapons. Your whole argument is pretty flawed.

  10. #70
    Community Member Daitengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    it does not change the basic weapon type of handwraps from bludgeoning to slashing it changes the damage for DR purposes.

    I have already stated that the damage type is irrelevant only the weapon type.
    I know what you have stated. But its stupid because unlogical. If it overcomes slashing DR its obviously slashing. But when it comes to poison its not actually slashing? Come on either it is or its not. The problem is that not logic but implementation issues lead to this **** being labeled wai.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    I can use the same argument as you here ....any sane person would expect a bludgeoning weapon (handwraps) to be a bludgeoning weapon.
    No you cant because because Brawling Gloves make fists piercing, vorpal fists and ivy wraps make them slashing.
    Last edited by Daitengu; 09-30-2013 at 01:55 AM.

  11. #71
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    No you cant because because Brawling Gloves make fists piercing, vorpal fists and ivy wraps make them slashing.
    ivy wraps make you bypass piercing by adding piercing to your damage type.
    vorpal fists makes you bypass slashing by adding slashing to your damage type.
    brawling gloves simply add a 1d4 piercing damage proc. They don't allow you to bypass pierce DR.

  12. #72
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    But it doesn't work on bows.

    They're effected by improved crit ranged, but they're definitely piercing weapons. Your whole argument is pretty flawed.
    your not applying the formula correctly

    does weapon X works with Improved Critical slashing/piercing = YES / NO

    bow Improved Critical ranged = NO

    I am not making an argument as if this is a debate.

    I am stating the facts of how this works like them or not this is WAI

  13. #73
    Community Member Daitengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    your not applying the formula correctly
    The problem is the currently implemented formula doesnt make the slightest bit of sense wai or not.

  14. #74
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    The problem is the currently implemented formula doesnt make the slightest bit of sense wai or not.
    sting of the ninja is for weapon wielding monks not unarmed makes perfect sense

  15. #75
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    But it doesn't work on bows.

    They're effected by improved crit ranged, but they're definitely piercing weapons. Your whole argument is pretty flawed.
    BTW bows are not piercing weapons they are ranged weapons that deal piercing damage.

    this is the whole problem sting of the ninja clearly states Slashing and Piercing weapons IT DOES NOT state slashing and piercing damage

  16. #76
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    sting of the ninja is for weapon wielding monks not unarmed makes perfect sense
    Handwraps = Weapons (which can gain piercing and slashing damage numerous ways)
    Wolf/Bear Claws =Weapons (which deal slashing and/or piercing damage)
    Bows = Weapons (which deal piercing damage and can become ki weapons)

    Thus they fulfill the slashing and/or piercing damage requirement. Thus is bugged this is pure cold facts it cant be argued. This and the fact that Bows don't generate Ki needs to be fixed.

    Now without mentioning damage types answer WHY you think mechanically or lorewise this shouldn't work
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-30-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  17. #77
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Thus they fulfill the slashing and/or piercing damage requirement. Thus is bugged this is pure cold facts it cant be argued. This and the fact that Bows don't generate Ki needs to be fixed.
    there is no slashing / piercing damage requirement

    the requirement is to have a centered slashing or piercing type weapon equipped

    handwraps are bludgeoning
    wolf/bear are unarmed bludgeoning
    bows are ranged

  18. #78
    Community Member Daitengu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    handwraps are bludgeoning
    Not when they slash!

  19. #79
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    there is no slashing / piercing damage requirement

    the requirement is to have a centered slashing or piercing type weapon equipped

    handwraps are bludgeoning
    wolf/bear are unarmed bludgeoning
    bows are ranged
    Ok look lets ignore your...opinion...I just want to know WHY you don't think this should work is there some kind of lore reason or mechanical reason it shouldn't work or is your "opinion" the only reason.

    If it is the only reason than please stop posting here your derailing this thread with your ranting...Bows do piercing damage, Claws do slashing and/or piercing damage (wolf claws actually dont proc ANY bludegoning damage as skeletons DR applies) and Handwraps have various ways of obtaining slashing and piercing damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  20. #80
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Ok look lets ignore your...opinion...I just want to know WHY you don't think this should work is there some kind of lore reason or mechanical reason it shouldn't work or is your "opinion" the only reason.

    If it is the only reason than please stop posting here your derailing this thread with your ranting...Bows do piercing damage, Claws do slashing and/or piercing damage (wolf claws actually dont proc ANY bludegoning damage as skeletons DR applies) and Handwraps have various ways of obtaining slashing and piercing damage.
    Dude, you're making me ashamed to be Canadian. It's not a matter of opinion, and you yourself can see the difference between Damage type and Weapon type as this last post proves. The mechanic specifies weapon type, not damage type. Period

    As for lore, what difference does it make? There are a thousand things in the game that could be argued to work differently based on some point of lore or logic. The decision was made for it to work th sway, and it does. The End.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload