Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Community Member

I usually solo or two, three man with my two other guildies. We can all self hjeal so the conversation usually goes like this " Self you did a great job of hjealing me. Note to self thank yourself self. Signed Self.

If I am doing a raid I usually group with the same hjealer and I do thank her for hjealing these ghetto raid runs we do for amusement. Thank you **** you are the bestemest and most amazingful hjealer around.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Women are not serial killers, but they are killers. They just like to do it slowly over a long period of time. Years. To maximize the torture.
    Ouch.. now you sound like a raging misogynist.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Women are not serial killers, but they are killers. They just like to do it slowly over a long period of time. Years. To maximize the torture.
    woman: the legend of the three rings:
    engagement ring,
    Wedding ring,
    Suffering

just kidding ofcourse XD

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    personally, I see more teamwork with druids than I do cleric/fvs and if I had to choose, I would take a druid any day.

I thank healers when they do a good job in bad situations. if they are in a bad group and give 100% to keep the group going. if I see them swilling mana pots I try to keep a mental track record and mail twice the amount immediately after the quest, but only if its above and beyond. if they swill mana pots for what seems to be no good reason and just poor mana management on their part, than it should be a lesson for them to learn. I appreciate any clerics that are team players, but I appreciate any class if they are a team player as well. I dont expect anything from anyone as long as its seen they are trying 100%. I do not give in to clerics or any class that doesn't support being a team player just because they have a blue bar and the capabalities to push a button and throw a heal my way. if they ride a high horse than I focus on myself and the other 4 players in the group, while pretending that 6th spot is vacant.

how about an appreciation for the melees in the group? when I pull a mana pot in the chest, I pass it to the healer in the group or the caster. the melees take the agro, the brunt of the damage and accused of being a mana drain all the time. some are, but some aren't. there are some, including myself, who is aware of the other party members and protects and helps out the healer or anybody else in the group when they get mobbed or in some kind of big trouble. how about the melees that hold the ground while someone grabs the clerics stone and run them to the shrine? there is so much self sufficiency crammed down melees throats that they have to change their build so they can fit in enough UMD points to use heal scrolls, raise dead, blur, etc and craft/bring clickies because the blue bars mana is too precious to pass out basic buffs or make the quest go smoother and faster. self sufficiency is a good thing to have on every class, but for a long time divines held the torch in groups and the players had to start building differently. now divines are needed a lot less than before, teamwork is what its all about now and simple cure spells and buffs from druids, rangers and paladins is plenty to get through most quests.

how about instead, we appreciate each other who puts forth the effort in groups.
    Wise Words!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    When I've stopped a party wipe in a raid/quest on my Arti/Pally/Sorc/Wizard/Fighter/Barb/Monklikemutt/etc I've never, ever, gotten thanks. Rare indeed that when running my Clr/Fvs I've received any compensation whatsoever for having to use pots in struggling or needy parties. What's funny is that my guild is far more concerned with that than anyone else. I mention I'm getting low on pots and three or more of them are chasing me around the boat giving me stacks of them.

I still pass pots when I see above/beyond work going on from the divine or arcane in a group. Still give stacks of scrolls to divines that are low on resources. Still say thanks for healing I receive that I don't expect to get. It's good karma I guess?

On the flip side, I've no problem forgetting that I have a stack of 100 or more pots on my divines. I'll use them if I deem it necessary outside of my guild. Because I won't get them back. And, if people know you have them, play becomes even more reckless. This has been my observation over time.

Sometimes, poorly behaving and/or performing groups need to fail. Otherwise they become conditioned to rely on the divine and whatever amount of resource usage to make up for their shortcomings. Effectively, they never get any better at playing the game.
    Agreed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    personally, I see more teamwork with druids than I do cleric/fvs and if I had to choose, I would take a druid any day.

I thank healers when they do a good job in bad situations. if they are in a bad group and give 100% to keep the group going. if I see them swilling mana pots I try to keep a mental track record and mail twice the amount immediately after the quest, but only if its above and beyond. if they swill mana pots for what seems to be no good reason and just poor mana management on their part, than it should be a lesson for them to learn. I appreciate any clerics that are team players, but I appreciate any class if they are a team player as well. I dont expect anything from anyone as long as its seen they are trying 100%. I do not give in to clerics or any class that doesn't support being a team player just because they have a blue bar and the capabalities to push a button and throw a heal my way. if they ride a high horse than I focus on myself and the other 4 players in the group, while pretending that 6th spot is vacant.

how about an appreciation for the melees in the group? when I pull a mana pot in the chest, I pass it to the healer in the group or the caster. the melees take the agro, the brunt of the damage and accused of being a mana drain all the time. some are, but some aren't. there are some, including myself, who is aware of the other party members and protects and helps out the healer or anybody else in the group when they get mobbed or in some kind of big trouble. how about the melees that hold the ground while someone grabs the clerics stone and run them to the shrine? there is so much self sufficiency crammed down melees throats that they have to change their build so they can fit in enough UMD points to use heal scrolls, raise dead, blur, etc and craft/bring clickies because the blue bars mana is too precious to pass out basic buffs or make the quest go smoother and faster. self sufficiency is a good thing to have on every class, but for a long time divines held the torch in groups and the players had to start building differently. now divines are needed a lot less than before, teamwork is what its all about now and simple cure spells and buffs from druids, rangers and paladins is plenty to get through most quests.

how about instead, we appreciate each other who puts forth the effort in groups.
    ^ This. Really.. This.

I never thank them. I tell them to do their damn job or get out of the group!
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reincarnator View Post
    It ****es me off when people thank me for healing when I am on a divine. I don't thank barbs for dealing damage, why should they thank me?
    Agreed!

I thank them them when they save me from my own stupidity. When they are just doing their normal job, I just include them in the general thanks I give the party for a job well done.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    I never thank them. I tell them to do their damn job or get out of the group!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuafields View Post
    Agreed!
    If a divine needed a melee you might have a point, however since a divine can run the quests solo heal themselves and not need you, well they're doing you a favor by letting you leech off of them, because apparently you can't do the content without them.

Community Member

Someone wrote most of the Druids are better healers than the Clerics....

Most of the great players I know that use to be Clerics are Druids now cause they got tired of dealing with the Cleric mind fek in this game.

Don't give thanks to the Cleric because he did a good or bad job. Give thanks and acknowledge the mind fek that running a Cleric character involves and maybe some would not have to switch to Druid. lol

Take a lesson from the hockey players after the end of a game. Win or lose they show their support to their goaltender. Yes some goaltenders get pulled before the game ends. They get replaced for the rest of the hockey season, and starting next season as a free agent.

And yes my Clerics are still here from over the years. But I am sometimes short on time and don't like waiting for LFMs. That is more important than the stupid non sense.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 09-28-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

You can chalk me up to the one less healer group.
    Suffered through it long enough to TR and never going back...

I am certainly not unappreciative of good team players.
    I make a point of thanking anyone who tosses me a res, or anyone who plays outstanding like a healer in Elite Shroud.
    I have succumbed to the popular strategy of self-healing so it is rare that I need any external healing.

Lightbulb

I play a cleric also that is usually the party healer and when I am on him I heal and do not expect any thanks. Although I do appreciate it when it comes to include the occasional SP potion. I do not feel that a thank you and/or SP potions should be required just general courtesy's. I don't usually thank the paladin for killing the monster and don't really expect me for healing him when it is my role.

The healer whether it is a cleric, FVS, druid, bard, etc.. is filling a role in the party and a much needed and appreciated role. However I feel the wizard, fighter, paladin, rogue, etc... also fill needed roles in a party as well. If the game was better balanced toward character roles where a healer was much more needed (like it was not to many updates ago and before) and there where more incentives to play a healer the game would be better. I don't know the solution to making the healer more viable but their needs to be some effort in this area.

On a Side Note: The game seems to be moving away from the reliance on certain classes (i.e. healers, rogues, bards) and I think this is a mistake as it takes us further away from the D&D theme and lore. I like the change up on how the newer traps are interactive with trap smiths but I also very much like the original traps as well (spot, search & disable), please do not exclude these from future development of the game. Keep the mix or randomness its more fun this way.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Quote Originally Posted by shores11 View Post
    On a Side Note: The game seems to be moving away from the reliance on certain classes (i.e. healers, rogues, bards) and I think this is a mistake as it takes us further away from the D&D theme and lore.
    Sorry but even in DnD Lore, a "melee" class never needed a "healer" strapped to their back. In fact, I think the game needs to go much, much further along the path of providing a means for each class to provide for their own.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

close this already.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456