Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    It stopped being automatic... some time after the 798th time my rogue ended up hjeeling half the party since the cleric/fvs wasn't, only to hear them get complimented for doing such a stellar job?
    The best goaltenders let pucks by them if the defense sucks, and if the offensive players don't run back to prevent the rebounds. A hockey goaltender can get the initial shot or the first rebound, but it is the second and third rebound that tend to get by and score.

+1

Aggro changes and I don't catch it. I heal one only to see another go to almost near death. I appreciate a self heal by player and sigh relief. Did not know the Rogues were running around using heal scrolls on others. Great teamwork.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

[QUOTE=voodoogroves;5113585]Every time someone tosses me a heal; I don't expect them so I'm happy when they come.

I also thank people for buffs.

QUOTE]

This.

Community Member

if I had ever gotten a heal ever from anyone other than my cleric hireling that I have to manually heal myself with half the time I may be inclined to thank them.

Played group healer on my FVS 4 times got thanked 1 time another time got t pots for keeping every one up.. 2 Time got Cussed like I was a dog.. And told to reacall and come back that didn't happen... Now I thank my Hireling every time it heals me if I need...

Oh mah gawd I'm a healurrrrr I'm so special. I heal you when you get boo-boos you should toooooootally thank me <3

Seriously? *** people. Do I get thanked when I kill half of the mobs in a quest? No, because it's my job to kill stuff. You expect a medal or something every time you throw a heal at someone?
    Distributed - Currently on life 80.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meleena View Post
    Never. They are doing there job I am doing mine.
    So, by that standard I guess you don't:

Thank your waitress when she brings your meal.
    Thank the delivery man for bringing your package.
    Thank the first responders who help save lives.
    Thank the checkout girl who scans and packs your groceries.
    Thank your wife for making you dinner.
    Thank the service men and women who protect your country defend your freedoms to be ignorant to others.

A little bit of gratitude and politeness goes a long way and also doesn't cost you anything.

Community Member

The short answer is yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by LupusVai View Post
    So, by that standard I guess you don't:

Thank your waitress when she brings your meal.
    Thank the delivery man for bringing your package.
    Thank the first responders who help save lives.
    Thank the checkout girl who scans and packs your groceries.
    Thank your wife for making you dinner.
    Thank the service men and women who protect your country defend your freedoms to be ignorant to others.

A little bit of gratitude and politeness goes a long way and also doesn't cost you anything.
    I notice that you prefer to associate certain professions and roles with specific genders based on stereotypes. Just to inform you, but that is sexist. You can thank me for informing you of this. Well, go ahead I'm waiting.

I never thank the healer
    I never thank the tank
    I never thank the heavy damage dealers
    I never thank the trapper
    I never thank the buffers

I thank the entire party for a job well done

Why would I thank a hireling?

We all know players don't heal. (Nor do I use hires)
    So.. uh.. never.

When was the last time a healer thanked the dps guys for killing stuff?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    I notice that you prefer to associate certain professions and roles with specific genders based on stereotypes. Just to inform you, but that is sexist. You can thank me for informing you of this. Well, go ahead I'm waiting.
    deflection........doesnt invalidate thier point in the slightest

Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    When was the last time a healer thanked the dps guys for killing stuff?
    Considering the divine could kill everything just as fast outside of a raid if you weren't there? Yeah the divine is doing you a favor by letting you be there.

Community Member

I thank people whenever they show me courtesy of any sort. Divines when they heal or similar, and even more than that, non-divines who take the time and trouble to toss heals. Most of the time they're surprised that I even bother, since most do not.

I do find it interesting that no other classes out there are expected to be lavished with praise or pots the way divines are, though. I know sometimes their job is tough and they sometimes use pots, and that's one thing. But most of the time they are playing their role just like everyone else is.

I do tend to watch blue bars in difficult quests, and if I see one mysteriously increase when we're nowhere near a shrine, I'll donate pots if I have any on me.

However.. I can also recall being in parties that went smooth as silk and otherwise would have been messes thanks to an excellent CC wizard, and I was the only one who noticed and thanked him for that. CC is just as much a background, unexciting support role as being a healer, and arcanes also sometimes have to chug pots. And good CC makes a divine's job MUCH easier.

More mundanely, I'm now level 14 on my rogue and while rarely I get a "nice job" when I disable a trap, I can't even once recall being thanked for being responsible for adding somewhere between 10% and 25% more XP to the bottom line. Usually the party just runs off to kill stuff leaving me behind to deal with them -- except when the traps are so bad they're worried about dying of course.

Oh, and I'm also still waiting to be in a group with these mythical divines who can "kill everything as fast as ___ anyway so they don't need you". Throwing up blade barriers and kiting mobs through them for 30 seconds is not "fast" in my book. And those are the good ones -- I can't count how many times I've been in a group with someone who had a bunch of cleric or FVS levels, never healed anyone, and thought they were making a major contribution by tapping monsters with their maces.

I'm sure there really are divines who are just as good at killing stuff as classes more designed for the task, but they are the exception, not the rule.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 09-26-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Oh, and I'm also still waiting to be in a group with these mythical divines who can "kill everything as fast as ___ anyway so they don't need you".
    Not me but proof they're not mythic and quicker than soloing an ee myself taking a ss etc etc etc.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...olo-Epic-Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Considering the divine could kill everything just as fast outside of a raid if you weren't there? Yeah the divine is doing you a favor by letting you be there.
    Sry, I seriously doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmits View Post
    I never thank the healer
    I never thank the tank
    I never thank the heavy damage dealers
    I never thank the trapper
    I never thank the buffers

I thank the entire party for a job well done
    my phrases:

that 4 run, cya later and tc

gj all, cya later and tc

looks to me that ppl really thinks that there're no healers because the lack of gratttitude (which is not real, there's is simply a lack of education/politeness that would make everybody's parents cry of embarassment)

there're no healers simply because there's no need of healers, only for raids, and if you can heal 1 couple of ppl (who don't know the quest, spamm all the time "heal heal" and are always ready to blame the healer instead of that dumb that pulled aggro w/o being able to handle it) or heal ur guildies, mates, etc

is quite obvious that you will prefer not joining that pug

my 1st 6 lives was divine (3 clr and 3 fvs) i was healer most time in my previous game, sadly in that game there was education and the healer was the last one that was blamed, prolly because was the hardest class by far(have to know where you will go, where mobs/boss will go, where melees will go, where casters will go, in dynamic movement, a really funny experience, not like ddo where u can heal with 1 hand lol: 1 finger for the F# key other for the healing spell, no binding needed even XD), so in ddo i have left ppl dying, at not once or twice, dozens of times

for being a jerk, not being in los with the rest (i was learning the quests so i have died for trying to heal someone that wasn't in range), for draining to much sp, true story, if after 5 mins of quest my sp is at 20% that player has 0 healing amp and ways to mitigate damage, is much more efficient wait for the dead and cast a raise

dunno why ppl creates posts in the forum about "play your toon as i want, your loot is my loot, and there was another crit theme i can't remember"

in forum players are self sufficient, are tired of waiting during hours for 1 recquired role, if in your server want to spread some rule, use that channels in there, in forum you'll be ignored

also, the best way to spread some rule is being an example: create a cleric and thank others for their job (personally, no "good job all" you were pointing that thanking the healer is a must) and if wanna take others' loot give em yours

also as an mmorpg with XXX players, you have the option to party with ppl that will grant your desired result

and exclude ppl from your ring, like it's expected from social players
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Quote Originally Posted by Daitengu View Post
    Sry, I seriously doubt that.
    Play with better players then.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Play with better players then.
    Why do people think divines instantly have lower damage? I don't get it...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast